Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC season prediction

Originally posted by Knighthead View Post
    I had always heard that the reason Parkside did not get the athletic funding was because there are so many D3 schools up there and the state would prefer them to be D3 as well. Some of the D3 gyms up there are incredible from what I have heard and three of the last five D3 champs have been UW schools. Parkside is the only D2 school in the state so I think they get poor treatment for going against the grain.
    I checked around today and found out UWP is closer to 80-85% scholarships in men's basketball. Some of it involves the in-state players and how they get a little more, so on. Still hard to believe they are not fully funded.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
      The GLVC is the worst when it comes to putting out preseason polls in a timely fashion. The commissioner probably thinks it will draw more interest if they wait until the end of the month. If they knew what they were doing, they should have tried to be the first D-2 league to get their basketball polls out to the public. I can't believe it's October 14th and no basketball polls out. How hard is it to get the coaches to vote and count the ballots? I understand why the G-MAC would struggle with this, no one cares about the G-MAC except the bunch in Owensboro.
      And no one cares about UIndy except the bunch in...well, nowhere I guess, they don't even get coverage in their own city.

2015-16 UIndy average home attendance: 543 ... 'nuff said.
      Last edited by kwcpantherfan; 10-14-2016, 12:45 PM.

Comment

True story, while KWC was in the GLVC the wife and I used to always make the UIndy/St. Joe away trip. First year we went, we got into Indy and not yet having a GPS I misread my Google Maps printout and turned the wrong way off the exit from the interstate going to UIndy. Went about 3 or 4 blocks before realizing things weren't matching up, and pulled into a gas station to figure out what went wrong. Went in and asked the attendant (behind his bulletproof glass, no less...yeah very comforting) and he had no clue there was even such a thing as University of Indianapolis. Once I figured out what I did and got headed back in the right direction it became apparent that the gas station was less than 1 mile from the Indy campus, as the crow flies. And the guy didn't even know it was there.

So you can make all the rude comments you want about KWC and our fan base, but at least we HAVE a fan base and the support of our town.

Comment

Very funny and I believe it. I had the same result at a car wash about 1 mile away.

Anyone know the record between w and Indy? I know they had to win a couple of games didn't they.

There are dozens of top rival games where the teams are not in the same conference. HS and College are full of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
            Very funny and I believe it. I had the same result at a car wash about 1 mile away.

Anyone know the record between w and Indy? I know they had to win a couple of games didn't they.

There are dozens of top rival games where the teams are not in the same conference. HS and College are full of them.
            Indy is 15-56 h2h vs. KWC all time.

Comment

We'll see when UIndy plays USI this season. Not throwing stones at USI, but you said in a post UIndy is going to struggle. Just sounded funny coming from a USI fan, your team is not even in the running for anything other than to maybe qualify for the GLVC Tournament. Let me know later this season when USI has a record of 11-10 and not in the regional rankings.
              As I've tried to point out, USI is a much improved team this season because of its deep backcourt. I think they will be in the running for the GLVC title and an NCAA berth. As for your UIndy Greyhounds, frankly, I see nothing more than a middle of the pack finish. I think you might be the one with a record of 11-10 and not included in the regional ratings come February. Your suggestions that UIS is even close to USI in terms of talent is absurd, but based on many of your comments in this forum, I will take it for what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by kwcpantherfan View Post
                True story, while KWC was in the GLVC the wife and I used to always make the UIndy/St. Joe away trip. First year we went, we got into Indy and not yet having a GPS I misread my Google Maps printout and turned the wrong way off the exit from the interstate going to UIndy. Went about 3 or 4 blocks before realizing things weren't matching up, and pulled into a gas station to figure out what went wrong. Went in and asked the attendant (behind his bulletproof glass, no less...yeah very comforting) and he had no clue there was even such a thing as University of Indianapolis. Once I figured out what I did and got headed back in the right direction it became apparent that the gas station was less than 1 mile from the Indy campus, as the crow flies. And the guy didn't even know it was there.

So you can make all the rude comments you want about KWC and our fan base, but at least we HAVE a fan base and the support of our town.
                Coming from you KWC, you live in the sloppy little town of Owensboro, this is hilarious. You probably could not READ the Google Maps. As far as a gas station attendant not knowing where UINdy was, you ever consider why the guy works at a gas station? Not real bright maybe?

Fan base? I went to a UIndy/KWC game in Owensboro years ago before KWC tucked tail and ran like cowards out of the GLVC, there were less than 1,000 people in the broken down Sportscenter. About 100 of us were UIndy fans and we beat up on KWC. The fans were calling for Todd Lee's job, real classy KWC fans.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                  As I've tried to point out, USI is a much improved team this season because of its deep backcourt. I think they will be in the running for the GLVC title and an NCAA berth. As for your UIndy Greyhounds, frankly, I see nothing more than a middle of the pack finish. I think you might be the one with a record of 11-10 and not included in the regional ratings come February. Your suggestions that UIS is even close to USI in terms of talent is absurd, but based on many of your comments in this forum, I will take it for what it's worth.
                  People like you are why UIndy fans can't stand USI. You are living in the deep past if you think USI is going to contend for the GLVC championship this season. We are not going to have an 11-10 record after 21 games, I will guarantee that right now. Stan Gouard will have our players meshed by that point. I think UIndy wins 21 games in regular season and finishes close to Bellarmine and Lewis.

To say USI is that much better than UI-Springfield is laughable. Let me re-phrase that: To ay USI is much better than anyone in the GLVC is laughable. You have the worst coach in the GLVC, maybe the worst coaching staff in D-2 basketball and your own fans admit it on this board.

Comment

Indy is 15-56 h2h vs. KWC all time.
                    Yeah, in the last 10 meetings UIndy is 7-3 against KWC. Try to live in the present. You are the ones who ran away from taking your beatings in the GLVC and formed a small-time league so you could win. And our football team blew KWC off its own field in Owensboro a few weeks ago. KWC should drop football, I heard our coach tried to take it easy on them in the second half.

Comment

And no one cares about UIndy except the bunch in...well, nowhere I guess, they don't even get coverage in their own city.

2015-16 UIndy average home attendance: 543 ... 'nuff said.
                      At least UIndy puts down real attendance, unlike KWC which inflates attendance with fraudulent numbers. Same way with KWC basketball stats in rebounds, they have always inflated players numbers at home. And don't even try to eat at a restaurant in Owensboro unless you are prepared for food poisoning, terrible places all over the town.

Comment

At least UIndy puts down real attendance, unlike KWC which inflates attendance with fraudulent numbers. Same way with KWC basketball stats in rebounds, they have always inflated players numbers at home. And don't even try to eat at a restaurant in Owensboro unless you are prepared for food poisoning, terrible places all over the town.
                        Riiiiiiiiiiiiight

Comment

Yeah, in the last 10 meetings UIndy is 7-3 against KWC. Try to live in the present. You are the ones who ran away from taking your beatings in the GLVC and formed a small-time league so you could win. And our football team blew KWC off its own field in Owensboro a few weeks ago. KWC should drop football, I heard our coach tried to take it easy on them in the second half.
                          I don't know what fantasy world you're living in.

From your own record book on the UIndy athletic website, showing the last 10 meetings are actually 8-2 in favor of KWC, and in fact, 11-2 KWC in the last 13 meetings:

Comment

I don't know what fantasy world you're living in.

From your own record book on the UIndy athletic website, showing the last 10 meetings are actually 8-2 in favor of KWC, and in fact, 11-2 KWC in the last 13 meetings:

It would appear our friend from UIndy is perhaps a graduate of barber school with his lack of reading/comprehension skills. lol. My only guess is that he accidentally looked at UIndy's football media guide and ran with UIndy's dominance in that sport and transposed it to the basketball series. Obviously Ky. Wesleyan has dominated UIndy in basketball and most of the other Division II programs during the past 60 years. UIndy's fans are very obnoxious, but this Grady the Greyhound needs to go get his own barber school credits and see if they transfer to his UIndy transcript. lol!

Comment

There is no way UIndy is 7-3 against Ky. Wesleyan in the past 10 meetings in men's basketball. Now, football is a different story, I'm certain. I'm guessing you were looking at the football series to come up with that bogus 7-3? My only question there would be, how in the world did KWC ever beat UIndy in football? Makes no sense either way.

Comment

He had to have totally made up the number because I'm 99.999% sure KWC has never beaten Indy in football.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X