Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GLVC season prediction

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
    Mrs Pride is a HoTWoD surrogate. She first come on here for the purpose of defending the dud and kept making excuses saying there has been "Restrictions" on recruiting as an excuse for her best friend HoTWoD. The restrictions BS was quickly debunked by just a couple examples

She claims to work at the University which is pretty sad no matter how you look at it they have to send somebody on message boards to defend their pathetic job.
    Not that I ever defend USI, but the first year I thought they were banned from the GLVC and NCAA. I thought they also put a ban on junior college or academically challenged guys the first two years because of the GLVC rules and they own in-house like sanctions. I don't remember the whole thing, but I thought they got hit hard. Makes no difference now, they have had plenty of time to recover and they are run by a pitiful coach. Watson is one of the worst bench coaches in the GLVC if not the worst. When I was a student at UIndy they and Pearl as coach and were a feared program. Now they are just a middle of the pack team that's going nowhere fast.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
      Not that I ever defend USI, but the first year I thought they were banned from the GLVC and NCAA. I thought they also put a ban on junior college or academically challenged guys the first two years because of the GLVC rules and they own in-house like sanctions. I don't remember the whole thing, but I thought they got hit hard. Makes no difference now, they have had plenty of time to recover and they are run by a pitiful coach. Watson is one of the worst bench coaches in the GLVC if not the worst. When I was a student at UIndy they and Pearl as coach and were a feared program. Now they are just a middle of the pack team that's going nowhere fast.
      Just the one yr postseason ban. No ban on juco or others. HoTWoD brought in people such as Evans who had been suspended from SIUC and then right before a scholarship to USI was arrested for felonies which included battery on a police officer that required a trip to the hospital. He brought in jucos and plenty more with baggage that other schools wanted no part of. Just a fake story to make up for almost a decade now of failure.

Comment

Just the one yr postseason ban. No ban on juco or others. HoTWoD brought in people such as Evans who had been suspended from SIUC and then right before a scholarship to USI was arrested for felonies which included battery on a police officer that required a trip to the hospital. He brought in jucos and plenty more with baggage that other schools wanted no part of. Just a fake story to make up for almost a decade now of failure.
        Okay. I wasn't sure, thought I heard years back they got hit with bans on the tournament and all. That's interesting about the player Evans you point out. Did the press in Evansville report on this? Some reporter down there in Evansville was on this chat room bashing me a couple of days ago, he's the USI beat writer Hickey. If he ever has the nerve to get back on, I'll ask about it. UIndy sometimes brings in guys with baggage, won't hear me deny it. But assaulting a cop? And he still played? That's a no-no for any school. Our coach is former USI player Stand Gouard, he would never allow a player to do that and keep playing. Even more of a reason for USI to get rid of their coaching staff they have now.

Comment

Okay. I wasn't sure, thought I heard years back they got hit with bans on the tournament and all. That's interesting about the player Evans you point out. Did the press in Evansville report on this? Some reporter down there in Evansville was on this chat room bashing me a couple of days ago, he's the USI beat writer Hickey. If he ever has the nerve to get back on, I'll ask about it. UIndy sometimes brings in guys with baggage, won't hear me deny it. But assaulting a cop? And he still played? That's a no-no for any school. Our coach is former USI player Stand Gouard, he would never allow a player to do that and keep playing. Even more of a reason for USI to get rid of their coaching staff they have now.
          I can overlook baggage too. Let's keep it real here , it helps if the player is actually good.
          But Evans was no good and assaulting cop summer before you arrive on campus? Wtf.

But A entire image campaign bybHoTWoD and his ilk are "right way" "student before athlete" "choir boys" "will have more hs players cause knows how to develop"

All bs.

Comment

I can overlook baggage too. Let's keep it real here , it helps if the player is actually good.
            But Evans was no good and assaulting cop summer before you arrive on campus? Wtf.

But A entire image campaign bybHoTWoD and his ilk are "right way" "student before athlete" "choir boys" "will have more hs players cause knows how to develop"

All bs.
            Do they bring in a lot of high school recruits or still hit the juco and transfers from D-1? I looked at their roster and seems like a mix of both. Pearl always had great jucos like Gouard, some high schoolers. Gouard now our coach, he brings in a lot of really good transfers. He's a great recruiter.

Comment

To answer your question, yes, Drew Bruno of the Courier & Press did a story on the incident. Here is the link to it.
              http://archive.courierpress.com/news...327504521.html

Comment

And here is a story detailing Evans leaving USI after one season.
                http://archive.courierpress.com/spor...327467951.html

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                  To answer your question, yes, Drew Bruno of the Courier & Press did a story on the incident. Here is the link to it.
                  http://archive.courierpress.com/news...327504521.html
                  Thanks. I didn't know about this until now. Not that I care about another USI basketball player getting in trouble with the law. It's a common theme over the years.

Comment

Thanks. I didn't know about this until now. Not that I care about another USI basketball player getting in trouble with the law. It's a common theme over the years.
                    This is a little uncalled for, especially with all the misdeeds that have gone on with your glorious football program at UIndy. I'll take the high road in this case and say nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
                      This is a little uncalled for, especially with all the misdeeds that have gone on with your glorious football program at UIndy. I'll take the high road in this case and say nothing else.
                      I'm not defending the UIndy football program. Go look at my posts in the football section if you need proof. I said the AD and coach should be out after this season, been a nightmare for UIndy.

Comment

I bet the Celtics are feeling stupid they picked Brad Stevens over HoTWoD.

Comment

I'm not defending the UIndy football program. Go look at my posts in the football section if you need proof. I said the AD and coach should be out after this season, been a nightmare for UIndy.
                          You certainly have a knack for wanting everyone terminated from their chosen professions. Sue Willey is an outstanding athletic director at Indianapolis, has been there for years. I know very little about their football coach, but I do admit the Greyhound football seems to be struggling.

Comment

This thread has been completely hijacked.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                              This thread has been completely hijacked.
                              This entire BOARD has turned into a dumpster fire. I'm just about done with it.

Comment

Bring back some serious talk about BB. Just look at your/all teams and show a little knowledge and honesty as to how good/bad they are.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X