Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Drury Panthers

USI loses again against ROCKHURST!!! Lol!!

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
      Pop goes the Drury bubble. Lol! and another Lol!
      Drury responds with a win. How'd USI do in their next game? Lol!

Comment

Lets see if I have the facts right.
        Last year Southern Indiana's Women won 24 and lost 5 overall, 16-2 in GLVC. Had a season-ending loss to 14 loss Indy in the opening round of the conference tournament by 18 points.
        Drury's record was 30-4, 17-1 GLVC. They won the conference tournament and two games in the regional losing to the eventual national champion. This was accomplished while starting 2 freshmen.
        This year Southern Indiana is 24-3, 16-2 losing the head-to-head with Drury.
        Drury is 26 - 2, 17 - 1.
        Congratulations to coach Stein for getting his second straight Coach of the Year award.
        By the way Molly Miller has won 108 games and lost 16 so far in her career including 67 wins and five losses in conference play, two conference championships, and two straight appearances in the Midwest Regional Championship Game.
        That is an impressive resume.

Comment

Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
          Last year Southern Indiana's Women won 24 and lost 5 overall, 16-2 in GLVC. Had a season-ending loss to 14 loss Indy in the opening round of the conference tournament by 18 points.
          Drury's record was 30-4, 17-1 GLVC. They won the conference tournament and two games in the regional losing to the eventual national champion. This was accomplished while starting 2 freshmen.
          Drury is 26 - 2, 17 - 1.
          Congratulations to coach Stein for getting his second straight Coach of the Year award.
          By the way Molly Miller has won 108 games and lost 16 so far in her career including 67 wins and five losses in conference play, two conference championships, and two straight appearances in the Midwest Regional Championship Game.
          There are obviously coaches in the GLVC who won't vote for Drury's coach for COY, under any circumstances. Nyla Milleson went undefeated in GLVC league play (the first team to ever do so on the women's side if I'm not mistaken) and didn't win COY. Hesser had the best team in the region 2 years in a row and won a national championship and he's never won it.

Comment

Drury is 26 - 2, 17 - 1.
            Her 4-year record is actually 108 and 15 losses

Comment

Her 4-year record is actually 108 and 15 losses

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                There are obviously coaches in the GLVC who won't vote for Drury's coach for COY, under any circumstances. Nyla Milleson went undefeated in GLVC league play (the first team to ever do so on the women's side if I'm not mistaken) and didn't win COY. Hesser had the best team in the region 2 years in a row and won a national championship and he's never won it.
                Actually she's the 2nd to go undefeated in conf. USI girls under coach dugan in 96-97 was the first and only team men or women to go undefeated in conf 20-0. Drury became second. Only teams so far!

Comment

Excellent points thank you. The bias is very obvious. The league should be embarrassed.

Comment

Drury is 26 - 2, 17 - 1.
                    Last year's biggest joke of the season; stein's pick over Molly. 4 naias; can't even make the regional. This year is even a bigger joke yet. Can't vote for yourself. Don't tell me it was 8-6 for Stein. Some garbage goin on here and it stinks. Can't beat the girl even when she played against him. Is this the only way he can? If this is gonna continue stop the coy. Give participation trophy to all and be done with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfish View Post
                      Last year's biggest joke of the season; stein's pick over Molly. 4 naias; can't even make the regional. This year is even a bigger joke yet. Can't vote for yourself. Don't tell me it was 8-6 for Stein. Some garbage goin on here and it stinks. Can't beat the girl even when she played against him. Is this the only way he can? If this is gonna continue stop the coy. Give participation trophy to all and be done with it.
                      I hear Rick Stein is a really nice guy. The conference should change the COY award to the "Miss Congeniality" award. It clearly isn't for the best coach

Comment

You have to take the glasses off and think with your head and not your heart. Lol! You all have the same winning percentage as last year. USI has a better winning percentage than last year. Stein is hands down the coach of the year. This not even debatable! Lol!

Originally posted by DUFan View Post
                        I hear Rick Stein is a really nice guy. The conference should change the COY award to the "Miss Congeniality" award. It clearly isn't for the best coach

Comment

I sort of wonder if the award is given to the coach that exceeds expectations. Given that Stein and Company have had many years of mediocrity, the last two seasons have been a major lift and I can see why that would be deserving of COY. Although I say that without knowing anything about DU's women's team and their history.

Comment

Originally posted by Redswin View Post
                            You have to take the glasses off and think with your head and not your heart. Lol! You all have the same winning percentage as last year. USI has a better winning percentage than last year. Stein is hands down the coach of the year. This not even debatable! Lol!
                            Go take your Zyprexa and quit pretending to be somebody that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                              I sort of wonder if the award is given to the coach that exceeds expectations. Given that Stein and Company have had many years of mediocrity, the last two seasons have been a major lift and I can see why that would be deserving of COY. Although I say that without knowing anything about DU's women's team and their history.
                              Not trying to take a shot at you, but that's always what's said when the coach with the best team doesn't win it, and I can see some situations where that would be appropriate.

However, if what you're saying is true, then Scotty shouldn't have won it on the men's side this year. He's 1 game worse in the conference than he was last year, with arguably more talent than he had last year. Just to be clear, I think that reasoning doesn't hold water, but that's where it would lead you if the COY is supposed to go to the coach that "exceeds expectations". If that's the case, then Maryville's coach should win it hands down.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X