Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Drury Panthers

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Drury Panthers

    Extremely balanced effort as 9 guys scored at least 7 points in a 30 point throttling of SBU on the road. The defense is much improved. Good start to D2 play for DU.

  • #2
    Re: Drury Panthers

    Unfortunately missed this one. Can’t wait to catch some panther games online soon though! Please keep the teams updates coming for those of us not able to attend in person anymore; you do get much more insight in person.

    Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
    Extremely balanced effort as 9 guys scored at least 7 points in a 30 point throttling of SBU on the road. The defense is much improved. Good start to D2 play for DU.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Drury Panthers

      Highlights:

      https://youtu.be/xRSCymM52ks

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Drury Panthers

        Ouch!
        We know Drury isn’t afraid to show people the door though.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Drury Panthers

          Trends never lie and time appears to be nearing. LMNIS.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Drury Panthers

            Originally posted by Short Haircut View Post
            Trends never lie and time appears to be nearing. LMNIS.
            LOL

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Drury Panthers

              Watched a decent chunk of the Truman/Drury game last night -- that was a fantastic basketball game. Really smooth offenses, defenses came up with some big stops when needed, and good adjustments throughout the game by both coaching staffs.

              I was really impressed with Drury's team this year (first time I've really watched them live). They have a ton of balance at the guard position and can really shoot it (the Garrison kid played really well last night). Post depth looks like it could be an issue (maybe it was just an off night for the post position guys), but Truman is not the biggest team in the world on the interior and it seemed like late in the second half, Truman was able to get to the rim pretty easily to cut the deficit down from 79-69 with 7-plus minutes left to the 83-83 score at the end of regulation.

              Two great plays in this game -- obviously the three-pointer at the buzzer of OT to win it for Drury stands out, but Brodric Thomas' dunk for TSU with just less than 2 minutes to play was eye-popping.

              Neither of these teams will be easy-outs the rest of the way.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Drury Panthers

                Truman and Drury are very similar being high scoring and low turnover teams.
                Drury is also a short team as their best forwards are 6'5.
                The future appears to be bright as most of Drury's talent on the men's and women's teams are underclassmen.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Drury Panthers

                  Team defense has improved and starting to get some contribution from the forwards. Great win over Truman (I think 7 was the closest they got in the 2nd half), even though some of the sloppy turnovers need to be corrected. Hope we don't have to play Truman a 3rd time.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Drury Panthers

                    Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                    Team defense has improved and starting to get some contribution from the forwards. Great win over Truman (I think 7 was the closest they got in the 2nd half), even though some of the sloppy turnovers need to be corrected. Hope we don't have to play Truman a 3rd time.
                    Truman has two of the best shooters I've seen all year, and are obviously well coached. However I think Drury is a deeper team.
                    To me , Doug Moore has potential to be a difference maker for the stretch run if he continues to put the ball in the hole and rebound like a man.
                    I bring my boys and their friends who play high school ball. They are amazed at the amount of movement on offense compared to the Missouri State games we've gone to.
                    It would appear there is a solid core of players to build around for the next couple of years. It is already fun to watch.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Drury Panthers

                      Originally posted by crazznewt View Post
                      Truman has two of the best shooters I've seen all year, and are obviously well coached. However I think Drury is a deeper team.
                      To me , Doug Moore has potential to be a difference maker for the stretch run if he continues to put the ball in the hole and rebound like a man.
                      I bring my boys and their friends who play high school ball. They are amazed at the amount of movement on offense compared to the Missouri State games we've gone to.
                      It would appear there is a solid core of players to build around for the next couple of years. It is already fun to watch.
                      Drury appears to be starting to peak, which is a scary proposition for the rest of the league. As DUPanther also noted above, the post denial and ball/help side defense seen from the "bigs" last night was one of the big changes I thought I saw from the first game to this one.

                      These two teams will definitely have the league on notice for the next few years, as both teams only have one senior (Drury's doesn't play much and Truman's hasn't played much until this year).

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Drury Panthers

                        Hi everyone... New to the board here. I've been able to watch the majority of DU games this year and have been impressed with their overall improvement on the defensive end. Seems to me they have bought into guarding the basketball better 1 on 1 and it makes everyone's job off the ball a lot easier. Hoping for more of the same as they move through February.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Drury Panthers

                          Originally posted by Panther Alum View Post
                          Hi everyone... New to the board here. I've been able to watch the majority of DU games this year and have been impressed with their overall improvement on the defensive end. Seems to me they have bought into guarding the basketball better 1 on 1 and it makes everyone's job off the ball a lot easier. Hoping for more of the same as they move through February.
                          The one on one defense has looked better. It seems like they recruited smaller so they can play that better defense on the perimeter. Looks like Freshman Cam Potts and Junior Andrew Ballock have helped in this area.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Drury Panthers

                            Drury built a 21 pt lead on Maryville in the second half then hung on to win in St. Louis. Huge win for the Panthers on the road - that's only Maryville's second home loss of the year. That's a "big point" game in the PI.

                            Gotta hold serve for 3 at home now, but we've put ourselves in excellent position.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Drury Panthers

                              Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                              Drury built a 21 pt lead on Maryville in the second half then hung on to win in St. Louis. Huge win for the Panthers on the road - that's only Maryville's second home loss of the year. That's a "big point" game in the PI.

                              Gotta hold serve for 3 at home now, but we've put ourselves in excellent position.
                              Drury getting beat by double figures late second half. Drury had open shots against the Zone but couldn't hit.

                              Comment

                              Ad3

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X