Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Southern Indiana Screaming Eagles

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
    Thought I would share this from BU thread.....makes me wonder about USI in the near future. As has been said I think different leadership at USI will move in the DI direction.

https://www.nkytribune.com/2019/06/d...to-division-i/
    I think the unsaid part to this story is the gutting of DII. You have state schools and "larger" (2,000+ student universities) well funded private schools leaping to DI because of "exposure." The cost of scholarships is causing some io the small private schools and less well-funded schools in general looking to save money by going down to DIII. After all if no one cares about DII, why not go DIII and save a bunch of money, or go NAIA and save compliance costs?

It would be interesting to see a decade by decade look at the school dynamics....movement between DI, DII, and DIII in 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s and between NAIA and NCAA.

Comment

This here is an excellent point and touches upon quite a few D I schools facing financial hardship. These schools that are reluctant to cut athletic spending are making huge mistakes that they are praying others pay for. There is A strong argument that could be made for many of these D I programs, like a Western Illinois, UE, Eastern Illinois in moving from D I down to D III.

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
      I think the unsaid part to this story is the gutting of DII. You have state schools and "larger" (2,000+ student universities) well funded private schools leaping to DI because of "exposure." The cost of scholarships is causing some io the small private schools and less well-funded schools in general looking to save money by going down to DIII. After all if no one cares about DII, why not go DIII and save a bunch of money, or go NAIA and save compliance costs?

It would be interesting to see a decade by decade look at the school dynamics....movement between DI, DII, and DIII in 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s and between NAIA and NCAA.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
        This here is an excellent point and touches upon quite a few D I schools facing financial hardship. These schools that are reluctant to cut athletic spending are making huge mistakes that they are praying others pay for. There is A strong argument that could be made for many of these D I programs, like a Western Illinois, UE, Eastern Illinois in moving from D I down to D III.
        Jon Marie and Robama must be on UE payroll. If USI went D1 and hired a D1 caliber coach for
        MBB it would be lights out for the Purple Bust Cards. D3 or intramurals only.

Comment

Simmons left Usi for Campbellsville college.

Comment

What an incredible waste of talent.

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
            Simmons left Usi for Campbellsville college.

Comment

Without Caldwell, and now Simmons, where is our scoring coming from this year? Replacing Stein's scoring was a concern before Caldwell injury and Simmons change of heart.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by USI!USI! View Post
                  Without Caldwell, and now Simmons, where is our scoring coming from this year? Replacing Stein's scoring was a concern before Caldwell injury and Simmons change of heart.

Comment

Comment

Will Laravie have to sit out next year as a transfer?

Comment

I assumed he had to sit out a year when his transfer was announced but believe he is eligible immediately. If he is not then we are screwed.

Originally posted by thisisd2 View Post
                        Will Laravie have to sit out next year as a transfer?

Comment

You know what I have tried to like you, but you're just pathetic. As much as I despise USI, I have that much respect for that program also. No true KWC fan loves USI, but we know that USI is one of THE D2 TEAMS in the country now that will compete for a National Championship. After what they did at the Ford Center last season, you have the audacity to still $%^*ing complain about every *&^%ing thing you can. CBS went on and on about how Evansville supported the D2 Elite 8, and you are just *&^sed off that they are having any success. I must confess that I do actually have a soft spot for USI, because my little sister graduated from there and is a public school teacher and coaches a boys basketball team. She played softball for USI, and she learned how to play because I taught her. Just give USI a *&^(ing break will you? You're just making yourself look pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by alumnifan View Post
                            You know what I have tried to like you, but you're just pathetic. As much as I despise USI, I have that much respect for that program also. No true KWC fan loves USI, but we know that USI is one of THE D2 TEAMS in the country now that will compete for a National Championship. After what they did at the Ford Center last season, you have the audacity to still $%^*ing complain about every *&^%ing thing you can. CBS went on and on about how Evansville supported the D2 Elite 8, and you are just *&^sed off that they are having any success. I must confess that I do actually have a soft spot for USI, because my little sister graduated from there and is a public school teacher and coaches a boys basketball team. She played softball for USI, and she learned how to play because I taught her. Just give USI a *&^(ing break will you? You're just making yourself look pathetic.
                            Last edited by DJ Silky Panties; 07-13-2019, 04:40 PM.

Comment

• Comment

Little double dipping going on at USI?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X