Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USI vs. Purdue game

Originally posted by EaglesPride View Post
    Dan Eigerski just looked up at all of the USI boosters and gave us the thumbs-up, that USI is for real! If Dan is pleased with USI, you know we had a great game!
    Oh gosh, that's a relief. If dan gave a thumbs up then all is good!
    Last edited by glvcpro; 11-01-2016, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Dan Eigerski just looked up at all of the USI boosters and gave us the thumbs-up, that USI is for real! If Dan is pleased with USI, you know we had a great game!
      Thanks for the laughs. 8 years and one postseason win and your cooch is all wet over a big practice game loss. "LOL"
      Last edited by DJ Silky Panties; 11-02-2016, 03:06 AM.

Comment

If this was the performance vs Duke, U.K. Or UofL I might have a diff opinion. When has Purdue done **** in basketball? Last year was suppose to be all that and got beat by podunk directional big city Arkansas when it mattered.

Comment

I hope AD reverse greeting card has some adult absorbent product sponsors lined up this year. USI will need them after all the fluids secreted after the double digit practice game loss. The bill was big enough from service master for the PACafter the UMSL win

Comment

Looking forward to watching the replay tomorrow. Playing Purdue even on the boards is very impressive and something to build off of.

Comment

A bunch of USI boosters were talking at an after-game party about how improved USI's rebounding was tonight. The offensive spacing allowed the guards to operate and cause Purdue many problems, just think how it's going to affect Division II teams! The consensus from about 30 other USI fans including several Varsity Club members was this was one of the more impressive exhibition efforts we've had the past recently. We played some of the games closer years ago, yes, but this was against a legit top 25 team in Purdue and USI fought them with a valiant effort. Can't wait to see USI against Lake Erie and Ashland to open the season. Of course what we are all waiting for is the KWC game, and believe me when I tell you that USI has the weapons to send the Panthers back across the river with their tails tucked unhappily below them on Nov. 19th!

Comment

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                Oh gosh, that's a relief. If dan gave a thumbs up then all is good!
                Who the heck is Dan Egerski?

Comment

A bunch of USI boosters were talking at an after-game party about how improved USI's rebounding was tonight. The offensive spacing allowed the guards to operate and cause Purdue many problems, just think how it's going to affect Division II teams! The consensus from about 30 other USI fans including several Varsity Club members was this was one of the more impressive exhibition efforts we've had the past recently. We played some of the games closer years ago, yes, but this was against a legit top 25 team in Purdue and USI fought them with a valiant effort. Can't wait to see USI against Lake Erie and Ashland to open the season. Of course what we are all waiting for is the KWC game, and believe me when I tell you that USI has the weapons to send the Panthers back across the river with their tails tucked unhappily below them on Nov. 19th!
                  I think you're getting a little carried away. I heard USI played well tonight, so won't argue that. But sounds like you're pointing at the KWC game and you still have two games before that comes up. I heard one of Bellarmine's best players quit the team yesterday, so that helps UIndy and USI.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                    If this was the performance vs Duke, U.K. Or UofL I might have a diff opinion. When has Purdue done **** in basketball? Last year was suppose to be all that and got beat by podunk directional big city Arkansas when it mattered.
                    I follow Purdue a little since I was a student at UIndy, Purdue hasn't been a big factor since the Gene Keady days. But I still thought they would beat USI worse than they did tonight. Either Purdue is overrated or USI is better than I gave them credit for. One of my friends watched the game on TV and said USI's guards caused Purdue all kinds of problems. That worries me a little from a UIndy perspective. He also said one of their big guys really played Purdue's big men very tough, had all kinds of rebounds. That worries me a little as well.

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                      I follow Purdue a little since I was a student at UIndy, Purdue hasn't been a big factor since the Gene Keady days. But I still thought they would beat USI worse than they did tonight. Either Purdue is overrated or USI is better than I gave them credit for. One of my friends watched the game on TV and said USI's guards caused Purdue all kinds of problems. That worries me a little from a UIndy perspective. He also said one of their big guys really played Purdue's big men very tough, had all kinds of rebounds. That worries me a little as well.
                      Purdue's big man had 25 pts in only 20 minutes....what are you talking about. Would've had 50 pts if he played the whole game. PU was up 32 in first half. Perhaps you should've watched the game instead of relying on what your friend says.

USI 22 turnovers - 52% free throw shooting - not good. It was ugly for both teams.

Comment

Their big man missed what 12 FTs as well. Also, Purdue only had 7 scholarship players dressed last night. Athletic teams will cause Purdue much trouble.

Originally posted by glvcpro View Post
                        Purdue's big man had 25 pts in only 20 minutes....what are you talking about. Would've had 50 pts if he played the whole game. PU was up 32 in first half. Perhaps you should've watched the game instead of relying on what your friend says.

USI 22 turnovers - 52% free throw shooting - not good. It was ugly for both teams.

Comment

DayJar Dickson stepped up last night and did things inside I never expected, he is going to be one of the GLVC's best big men. He is very mobile and active against the big men from Purdue, enough to almost have a double double vs. a Big 10 team. Great effort by USI all the way around. Few Division II teams could have played Purdue tougher, USI only trailed by 10 and had the ball with less than 9 minutes left in the game. The officials, as I expected, gave Purdue every cheap call, but that's not an excuse as I am sure we will get some home calls in the PAC. The guards were outstanding, need to hit the free throws, but the big arena and crowd all contribute to nerves. Overall a great performance. I just hope USI wallops KWC by at least 20 points and sends a message to not only the Panthers fans but to the G-MAC. Just 17 days away!

Comment

Originally posted by UIndyGradyGreyhound View Post
                            Who the heck is Dan Egerski?
                            Dan is the USI radio broadcaster, a veteran all USI fans love to hear on the air. Dan can be critical, which he should be as that is his job. But his thumbs-up to the USI boosters after the game and his big smile was enough to tell us he thought USI played great. That's why I mentioned it. Dan is the best college basketball radio announcer in this area, bar none.

Comment

The Purdue student section was very impressive last night. It would be nice to see the USI students come out for the HoF Classic and give USI the support they need in the KWC game. Many of us were discussing it last night after the game that our student attendance has slipped badly. Seeing all those Purdue students in the stands was very impressive for the Boilers.

Comment

Dan is the USI radio broadcaster, a veteran all USI fans love to hear on the air. Dan can be critical, which he should be as that is his job. But his thumbs-up to the USI boosters after the game and his big smile was enough to tell us he thought USI played great. That's why I mentioned it. Dan is the best college basketball radio announcer in this area, bar none.
                                Again, that is YOUR opinion....and different from the opinion many other USI fans. You still seem to think we care what about your opinions. Only thing we care about are the ncaa W's and Watson only has 1.....lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X