Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 Midwest Regional

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
    I'd agree that Watson was lucky to get Stein. However, I'll also go out on a limb here in saying that with USI winning the regional (potentially winning a couple more?), building a new stadium, and the EVV Sports Corp locking in the E8 in Evansville until 2022, we may see a better recruiting class coming in next season. Not necessarily saying that Watson has anything to do with it, but there are a lot of factors there that make USIBB pretty attractive to prospective athletes.
    I think you are right. DII recruiting is a little bit different than D1. Kids are looking at a little more than just the basketball program when they are DII recruits, because there is only a few that will go on to play professionally (in Europe, not NBA) so they have to consider their life after basketball. Most DII schools, unless they are in Florida, California or Hawaii, are going to get 90% of their recruits from their regional area. The coach doesn't have a lot of control over his recruiting pool. That being said, if USI had dumped their women's coach 4 years ago(as some of the posters here wanted), Stein might have been playing in the opposing team's uniform last night!

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
      We got 2 starters already in the fold with the redshirt Simmons, who should be an absolute monster in this league. And then the Carpenter kid who has nice size and can stretch defenses with his outside shot. Coyle redshirting allows him to be game ready and he will provide depth at the guard. We should be damn good next year.
      Not replacing Stein...and don't forget about Norman - he's undervalued in my opinion. Every team needs an athletic type willing to do the dirty work.

Comment

Originally posted by bkingbroker View Post
        We got 2 starters already in the fold with the redshirt Simmons, who should be an absolute monster in this league. And then the Carpenter kid who has nice size and can stretch defenses with his outside shot. Coyle redshirting allows him to be game ready and he will provide depth at the guard. We should be damn good next year.

Comment

Let's simulate the tournament with Massey, considering USI's games to be "home" games instead of neutral.

#4 Nova Southeastern 91 vs. #5 Saint Anselm 88, 58%
          #1 Northwest Missouri State 71 vs. #8 Mercyhurst 55, 92%
          #2 West Texas A&M 79 at #7 Southern Indiana 77, 57% (I smell an upset on this one!!!)
          #3 Queens, N.C. 78 vs. #6 Point Loma 81, 57%

Thursday, March 28
          #1 Northwest Missouri State 91 vs. #4 Nova Southeastern 79, 86%
          #2 West Texas A&M 77 vs. #6 Point Loma 74, 59%

Saturday, March 30
          #1 Northwest Missouri State 78 vs. #2 West Texas A&M 69, 80%

For the sake of argument, if USI pulls off the WT upset, that makes the remaining games look like this:

#6 Point Loma 74 at #7 Southern Indiana 75, 52%
          and then
          #1 Northwest Missouri State 78 at #7 Southern Indiana 67, 84%
          Now that the quarterfinals have been played, let's rerun this simulation. Massey only got 50% correct for this round.
          #1 Northwest Missouri State 76 vs. #5 Saint Anselm 66, 81%

#1 Northwest Missouri State 77 at #7 Southern Indiana 69, 77%

The numbers are trending towards USI's favor.

Comment

Now that the quarterfinals have been played, let's rerun this simulation. Massey only got 50% correct for this round.
            #1 Northwest Missouri State 76 vs. #5 Saint Anselm 66, 81%

#1 Northwest Missouri State 77 at #7 Southern Indiana 69, 77%

The numbers are trending towards USI's favor.

I would say you need a +5 to maybe +8 pt for Home Court Advantage...if they get to Saturday, the FORD CENTER will be SOLD OUT

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
              Working...
              X