Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

That seems to be the inside thinking. If so I say a sad day for AB. Hard to spin except for $$$$$ saved. Buying a fixer upper seems cheap but often cost more and you still have old non working systems.

I admire much about AB and the G-MAC has helped them. I think instate conferences can hurt school's sport teams. That goes for G-MAC as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
      That seems to be the inside thinking. If so I say a sad day for AB. Hard to spin except for $$$$$ saved. Buying a fixer upper seems cheap but often cost more and you still have old non working systems.

I admire much about AB and the G-MAC has helped them. I think instate conferences can hurt school's sport teams. That goes for G-MAC as well.
      And time on the bus. Selfishly, I absolutely want AB to stay. They have contributed much to this conference - with a lot of that contribution coming at a time when the G-MAC desperately desperately needed them. I don't think I'm being overly dramatic in saying the G-MAC may not have survived if AB hadn't come when they did. However, I completely understand the potential desire to save money, save miles and restore traditional rivalries. BTW - Battlers is the coolest name/mascot.

Comment

"Subtraction by Addition for the MEC"

If MEC invites AB, then G-MAC follows by inviting Notre Dame. MEC basically adds one but loses one. G-MAC can't afford to lose a football school without replacing the one that left.

If G-MAC were to invite Notre Dame, then MEC invites AB. Subtraction by addition and you are back to square one.

Frostburg State is going to join the MEC unless something drastically changes. Wheeling Jesuit seems like a big mess right now in their athletic department.

Comment

Welcome Tiffin Dragons!

Last edited by BlueBlood; 07-01-2018, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Welcome Tiffin.... Ashland can enjoy the snow up north. Stay where they are.

Comment

Saw this on the D&E site. They said many of the WVIAC schools used to have cabooses at their athletics complexes. They just recently brought theirs back. AB guys, did/do you have one?

Pretty cool.

Comment

We used to at the old soccer field.

Comment

Yep, it was there till around 2012. Wish I had a picture of it.

Comment

Last years joint swimming championships must have gone well enough to do it again. The G-MAC/MEC Swimming Championships are scheduled for Feb. 13 through Feb. 16 in Canton.

Comment

Thomas More update:
                      http://www.goacaa.org/general/2017-1...20180703y0airc

Comment

• Comment

Strange indeed. Maybe a stop gap move before trying to go D2. That could be true for several schools. I assume it is easy to go D2 from D3.

Comment

Originally posted by Looking For 9 View Post
                            Strange indeed. Maybe a stop gap move before trying to go D2. That could be true for several schools. I assume it is easy to go D2 from D3.
                            I just read a newspaper article where the AD clarified that it is only a one year commitment. They are still weighing their affiliation options.

I'm still intrigued.

Comment

Sounds like the NAIA, Mid-South invites aren't their top preference.

Comment

TMC makes it official:
                                http://www.tmcsaints.com/general/201...20180723ni3gt6

Its kind of a shame that KY is such a mixed-bag affiliation-wise. The 3 D2s all play in different conferences and then there are several schools in the NAIA Mid-South that are very D2-like. Unfortunately for KWC, the numbers are on the NAIA side at this point, with no indication of any future movement.

Interestingly, OH was in basically the same exact boat several years ago - with Ashland, Findlay and Central St. being the only D2s, and the rest of the "similar" schools being NAIA. The OH NAIAs transitioned to D2. There was a time when I thought KY might follow suit. We are left to wonder what would have happened if the NCAA would have accepted G-town and Cumberland.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X