Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: G-MAC All-Sports and Conference Business Thread

Originally posted by Wabbott9 View Post
    I'm skeptical of the GLVC going after an Indiana school, mostly because they showed no interest in Purdue-Northwest, which is not just in Indiana, but would be fairly close to Lewis and Wisconsin-Parkside as well. It would have been an obvious get.
    I almost mentioned them in one of my earlier posts. Do you think the GLVC might make a run at Purdue Northwest now?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
      I almost mentioned them in one of my earlier posts. Do you think the GLVC might make a run at Purdue Northwest now?
      No, and I doubt that Purdue Northwest would be interested, having just joined the GLIAC from NAIA. I'm not sure if the rules would allow them to change conferences before playing in their sponsoring conference, but it would be a pretty crappy way to act.

Comment

No, and I doubt that Purdue Northwest would be interested, having just joined the GLIAC from NAIA. I'm not sure if the rules would allow them to change conferences before playing in their sponsoring conference, but it would be a pretty crappy way to act.
        Ref: Virginia-Wise

Comment

You would think right? Unfortunately, the G-MAC knows first hand that it can be done. UVa-Wise had the G-MAC sponsor them, then bolted for the MEC (never played a single game in the G-MAC). Crappy - yes, Allowable - apparently.

Comment

kwcpantherfan - you beat me to it. You don't forget something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
              kwcpantherfan - you beat me to it. You don't forget something like that.
              Very true!

Comment

I am so happy I doing this site! I am gaining a lot of perspective and quite honestly, this is like a male soap opera!!!

I would love for both UINDY and Bellarmine to go GMAC but just do not see UINDY going. Our coach mentioned that the conference was looking hard in Indiana but wouldn't say what schools. I assumed UINDY but now believe it may be IWU.

I could very easily want more OHIO school but, to be honest, that is not good for this league at this time. Especially if the GLVC is wanting to expand and replace poor St Joe. That being said I think Tiffin is in the league next year.

If the NCAA shuts down the NAIA bids from the Kentucky schools then I am afraid we lose KWC ( sorry for the earlier mixup) and TN.

I see the GLVC as more of a basketball conference correct? UINDY, although very good in basketball also has a damn good football program and well football rules the conference....plus they have a top ranked swim program!

What would be the best southern schools to accept into the conference?

Comment

So Ohio Valley is that very small school that has been mentioned here? Adding more Ohio schools other than Tiffin makes me wonder what there wouldn't just be an all Ohio conference started up eventually or am I missing something? Frankly, I don't think it would be all that.

Comment

Ohio valley in WV

Comment

Ok. This brings me to this question. Let's say Lindsay Wilson and College of the Cumberlands are granted D2 status.Tiffin makes the jump to GMAC. With St. Joe closing UINDY and Bellermine decide to leave and start looking at GMAC. That's five, do we take them all? Are the WV schools good with that or do you want some closer WV schools? What about Southern Indiana? In the grand scheme, they would be more than twice as big as all the schools and do not really fit the current picture of the league but have a great basketball program.

Comment

I don't think either Lindsey Wilson or University of Cumberlands are in the conversation. I do think that Cumberland U and Georgetown would like another shot at it. As for taking five? I would say it depends on the circumstances. With OVU dangerously low in enrollment, I would probably vote yes. USI? Hell NO. They are not small, private or faith based. Total opposite of the conference makeup. Plus they don't have football.

Comment

I think only add 4 (5 if one is a woman's college). Backfill later if needed.

A home run for me would be UIndy, Bellarmine, Georgetown, and one more in WV (Wesleyan, Jesuit or Charleston?)

Comment

NO USI

NAIA from Ky. Ind. Tenn. It just cost too much to leave a conference and I do not trust NCAA schools.

Comment

Or...

Taylor, Marian, Campbellsville and Lindsey Wilson.

I could do this all day.

Comment

Test all schools must pass "Will you hold hands and pray after the game?"

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X