Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

In retrospect, Bellarmine would have been much more likely to win the game last night if Scotty had just made an early call during the week that AE was not playing. The guys would not have counted on him and would have been more mentally ready to show they can win without him, which they can do. Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
      In retrospect, Bellarmine would have been much more likely to win the game last night if Scotty had just made an early call during the week that AE was not playing. The guys would not have counted on him and would have been more mentally ready to show they can win without him, which they can do. Hindsight is 20/20.
      I agree and I think the team will step up without him this coming week if need be although if Ramser is out too that could be much more difficult. Palombizzio might be able to contribute with the extra week of practice

Comment

I hope that Coach doesn't play AE this weekend if he is not 100%. They are good enough to win without him and the boys will step up if given the challenge.

Comment

I hope that Coach doesn't play AE this weekend if he is not 100%. They are good enough to win without him and the boys will step up if given the challenge.
          Agreed. As I mentioned after Saturday's game, if Ebby is not fully healed, I'd like to see more Palombizio; otherwise, seems like a waste of a year of eligibility.

Anybody have any inside scoop on the current health of the squad? Daddy doesn't have as many inside contacts as he used to.

By the way, this news broke last week, but I just now saw this nice bit of coverage:
          http://www.wave3.com/2019/02/02/spor...ne-university/

Like Eric Crawford, Reed genuinely seems to enjoy Bellarmine hoops. I've seen him at the home games and believe he's a season ticket holder.

Comment

As we discussed, it may be a good thing for next year to let the guys know going into a big game that AE is not playing. They will be prepared and understand it is time for each of them to step up. I am looking at you--Alex and Ben! They are the seniors next year who will lead the team. Might as well start now.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
              As we discussed, it may be a good thing for next year to let the guys know going into a big game that AE is not playing. They will be prepared and understand it is time for each of them to step up. I am looking at you--Alex and Ben! They are the seniors next year who will lead the team. Might as well start now.
              Dylan Penn is also going to get his chance to make a big impact. All the best 4 year players over the last 10 years have made an impact as freshman. I'm betting that Dylan will show himself to be one of those players.

Comment

Dylan Penn is also going to get his chance to make a big impact. All the best 4 year players over the last 10 years have made an impact as freshman. I'm betting that Dylan will show himself to be one of those players.
                Thinking more of the traditional D2 3 guard style? Would get Dylan up to the 15-20 minute range this year and set him up for quite a bit more time next year, including possibly starting.

Comment

• At the taping of the Coach D show. Spoke with Daniel and the coach tonight. Daniel has a deep bone bruise and a slight strain of a ligament. He is walking without a crutch and is out this week but should heal well and be back soon. Adam is feeling better, but has been resting a lot. Neither are expected to play this week.

We played UL in late October and the score was listed. Not one score from our games has been posted since. So for all the Courier Journal haters: Bellarmine loses for the first time in 5 years and we get the second article in a week (appearing tomorrow morning)

From the Courier Journal:

Bellarmine Moves On

https://www.courier-journal.com/stor...ss/2766324002/
                  Last edited by #1KnightFan; 02-05-2019, 07:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the scoop on Ramser and Eberhard -- here's hoping they continue down the road to recovery. In the interim, I'll repeat my request: more Palombizio, please.

I really don't keep up with the C-J anymore. Didn't one of you guys say this Estes fellow is new? After a major drought, we've enjoyed a couple of nice articles, but we'll see if it continues or if they revert to their usual lacking coverage. Sad that it takes a loss to get game coverage.

Comment

With AE and Daniel out tonight the lineup rotation will be interesting. Alex is an obvious starter but my guess is that we get a dose of Chitty defense to start. CJ first guard in with Dylan seeing more time. Given Scotty's preference for seniors I think Hunter is first front-line sub. Then Pzio. One thing for sure, against USI CC played the entire 2nd half and Tyler played 19 minutes and I don't think that is a formula for wins on the road. Hope we get off to a fast start tonight.

Comment

Guessing that Dylan Penn is going to get a lot of minutes. He provides a lot of defensive flexibility. His length allows him to be effective on anybody playing the 3 in D2. His quickness allows him to be effective on the quickest 1's in the league. Obviously, the team is not as good without Daniel and Adam, but defensively there is no reason there should be any diminishment.

I haven't seen any indication in Scotty's allocation of minutes that he thinks Pal is ready and able to be a big contributor.

Comment

• Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post

I haven't seen any indication in Scotty's allocation of minutes that he thinks Pal is ready and able to be a big contributor.
                          I agree that Scotty would have used him more at home against USI if he was ready. He is not comfortable in the system yet having only practiced about a month. He admitted so himself in an interview a couple weeks ago. I think he has tremendous potential in the coming years but the injury really set him back.

Comment

USC Aiken lost last night meaning BU and St. Edwards of TX are the only 1 loss teams left. But the pressure will be on the Knights to keep winning since Findlay seems to be on the rise and has passed up Ashland in the national rankings. Findlay plays at Hillsdale Saturday which should be their toughest remaining regular season game. I'm worried that Findlay will run the table the rest of the way if they get past Hillsdale Saturday. That will put added pressure on the Knights the rest of the way - winning the right to host the regional is a prize worth fighting for. We've got some tough road games ahead of us.

Comment

I say at least give Palombizio some minutes; he's looked decent in his limited action, and it couldn't have gone much worse in the first ten or so minutes against USI. There's no time like the present, especially when the roster is a little depleted.

Comment

Palombizio Has not bought into the system, you can tell when he gets in the game he is a shoot first guy. Not the Bellarmine way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X