Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
    I beg to differ, I think BU could afford the loss to Indy. Who is ahead of them? Ashland? They have 3 losses as well and not as many D2 wins. Now they can't afford to lose any of the remaining games after Indy though.
    Absolutely agree!

Comment

I beg to differ, I think BU could afford the loss to Indy. Who is ahead of them? Ashland? They have 3 losses as well and not as many D2 wins. Now they can't afford to lose any of the remaining games after Indy though.
      Agree with you as of today but losing tonight leaves little margin for error and why would we want to leave ranking up to a committee. Looking way ahead don't forget Final 8 is reseeded so all losses make a difference.

In any event tonight's game is going to tell a lot about the team and coaches making adjustments and executing where necessary. Way too many minutes for CC last 2 games, need others to step up and Tyler to stay out of foul trouble. Need a lot more urgency than we saw in the 2nd half Thursday.

Comment

I am more worried about Findlay than Ashland. I feel Ashland plays in a tougher conference and will take another loss or two. Findlay needs to beat their toughest competition today at Hillsdale and if they do that, I can see them running the table the rest of the year and ending up with only 3 losses.

Comment

Where the regional is played is huge for BU. We have arguably the best home court advantage of any team in the country. I feel that even in our physically depleted state last year had we played at home we'd have gotten out of the regional and hoisted the National Championship trophy.

This year I think it's even more important to host the regional.

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
            I am more worried about Findlay than Ashland. I feel Ashland plays in a tougher conference and will take another loss or two. Findlay needs to beat their toughest competition today at Hillsdale and if they do that, I can see them running the table the rest of the year and ending up with only 3 losses.
            The problem with Findlay's schedule being so weak is that there Performance Indicator rating will go down even with victories.

Comment

Originally posted by WKYDave View Post
              The problem with Findlay's schedule being so weak is that there Performance Indicator rating will go down even with victories.
              Beating Hillsdale on the road today will not cause their PI to go down. Having a weak schedule the rest of the way might.

Comment

Not sure where Knights are right now. CC hurt. When Scotty asked post game by nicest guy in the world, Doug Orme, was he surprised at the TO's in last two games Scotty told him that was the dumbest question he has ever been asked. A fair question and an unfair response. A little tense, to say the least. Thank God for four home games. Maybe we recoup physically and mentally because we need some rehab and refocus.

Comment

• Comment

Scotty is a mess, the last five minutes of the first half was a mess, he was yelling at everybody but the popcorn man, had no idea what was going on in the game. At the end of the come when Bellarmine got within striking distance he Starited subbing offensive for defense, taking out his high point man, Cook on offense and puts in for defense.

Needs to build this team up, they need confidence.

Comment

Being an ass Orme was the icing on the cake, those guys work hard and do a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights Hall View Post
                        Being an ass Orme was the icing on the cake, those guys work hard and do a great job.
                        I listened to the post game interview and was embarrassed by Scotty's rude behavior. The radio guys are big BU supporters, why take it out on them? It unfortunately reinforces the perception that some have that Scotty is a hot-headed sore loser. If he can't control his temper he needs to send out an assistant coach to do the post game interview. Thankfully they cut the post game interview off early after just a couple of minutes.

Comment

I listened to the post game interview and was embarrassed by Scotty's rude behavior. The radio guys are big BU supporters, why take it out on them? It unfortunately reinforces the perception that some have that Scotty is a hot-headed sore loser. If he can't control his temper he needs to send out an assistant coach to do the post game interview. Thankfully they cut the post game interview off early after just a couple of minutes.

Comment

The team may still win 25 games, but, unless they can get their "mojo" back, we can forget about it being a "special season."

The defensive lapses, turnovers, three-point shooting woes, lacking confidence, and, yes, injuries are brutal.

Comment

Scotty is a mess, the last five minutes of the first half was a mess, he was yelling at everybody but the popcorn man, had no idea what was going on in the game. At the end of the come when Bellarmine got within striking distance he Starited subbing offensive for defense, taking out his high point man, Cook on offense and puts in for defense.

Success has a thousand Father's...........failure has none! These kids are tough and have each other's backs and that's where the confidence comes from. We ain't done yet.

Comment

Everyone, including Doug and Mark, that's been in this system for so long knows what to expect from Coach D. He is who he is and everyone in the BU family knows what to expect. We haven't lost 3 games in a row since........... we'll I don't know when so it's always bad with Coach when we lose. Take that times 3 and well, it's anybody's guess what to expect. Not excusing the retort because you're correct Doug is a great guy but he also knows not to "poke the bear" when you're in uncharted waters.
                                Last edited by Voice of Reason; 02-10-2019, 08:31 AM. Reason: Context error

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X