Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    I hear ya -- strange end to a fun season.

I'm already wondering about the starters for the next one. Will it be Weyer, Cook, Palombizio, Fleming, and, say, Chitty? Will there be one or more transfers? Will someone like Tipton break through?

I'm hoping to see Penn and Penny get more minutes. Also excited about the incoming freshman -- I have a good feeling about Thelen.
    I think its the following (% of likely starting) - Weyer (100%), Cook(95%), Fleming(100%), Penn(90%) with either Palombizio(60%) if they decide to go big or Chitty (55%) if they go small. This is of course based solely on returning players. Super frosh or transfer could always step in there most likely at the Pal or Chitty spot.

Penny will see considerable more time next year. He should be in the 8-9 man rotation, playing every game. I foresee him starting in his junior year and leading the team in scoring. He is a scoring machine a la Bach. He probably just needs to turn up the defense to get more time.

Comment

Not surprising, but great to see Ebby recognized as an NABC All-American:
      https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...-american.aspx

Fitting recognition for a great Knight who was a pleasure to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
        I think its the following (% of likely starting) - Weyer (100%), Cook(95%), Fleming(100%), Penn(90%) with either Palombizio(60%) if they decide to go big or Chitty (55%) if they go small. This is of course based solely on returning players. Super frosh or transfer could always step in there most likely at the Pal or Chitty spot.

Penny will see considerable more time next year. He should be in the 8-9 man rotation, playing every game. I foresee him starting in his junior year and leading the team in scoring. He is a scoring machine a la Bach. He probably just needs to turn up the defense to get more time.

Comment

By the way, I heard that Bellarmine once again (sixth time in the last eight seasons) led all three NCAA divisions in shooting percentage (54.5%).

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
            By the way, I heard that Bellarmine once again (sixth time in the last eight seasons) led all three NCAA divisions in shooting percentage (54.5%).
            I think this not only speaks to BU's pass first offense, but possibly the overwhelming preponderance of teams relying on 3 point shooting. I've noticed the 3 point shot becoming the major weapon for so many teams at all three ncaa levels.

Comment

I think people should think of another stat to measure shooting effectiveness. Maybe a weighted average shooting percentage where 2 point shots made get a weighting of 1 and three point shots made get a weighting of 1.5 or possibly just take the number of points made from shots divided by the number of shots taken - which would give heavier weight to the 3 point shot. I think the second method would be easier for people to understand. If a team relies heavily on the 3 point shot and shoots 40% from the 3 point line then they are shooting in essence 60% compared to someone shooting the same number of shots inside the line.

Comment

Now the transfer chatter can commence. How about this guy as a Kiwi version of George Suggs, albeit maybe less of a shot-blocker?
                https://newsok.com/article/5626957/o...ransfer-portal
                http://www.soonersports.com/ViewArti...CLID=211178308

Comment

Watched some of the stream of USI last night. Congrats to them and their 7000 fans.
                  I believe the same guy who screwed up the foul calls and the book against Fla Southern in 2015 is still sitting at the scorer's table in a striped shirt. Unbelievable.

Comment

Looking at the "future schedules" section of the GLVC website:

http://glvcsports.com/documents/2018..._A.pdf?id=2956

What do you know....Jan 25, 2020 - Drury at Bellarmine for the 4th year in a row. Weyer and Cook will have spent 4 years at BU and will have played Drury 6-9 times (depending on how many times they play next year, which will be 1, 2, or a possible 3), and will never have played a game in Drury's gym. Sounds equitable.

Comment

Originally posted by DUPanther View Post
                      Looking at the "future schedules" section of the GLVC website:

http://glvcsports.com/documents/2018..._A.pdf?id=2956

What do you know....Jan 25, 2020 - Drury at Bellarmine for the 4th year in a row. Weyer and Cook will have spent 4 years at BU and will have played Drury 6-9 times (depending on how many times they play next year, which will be 1, 2, or a possible 3), and will never have played a game in Drury's gym. Sounds equitable.
                      My mama used to love to tell me "life ain't fair". I guess she was right.

Comment

The latest issue of the BU alumni mag includes a piece on former center Oladapo Fagbenle:
                        http://www.bellarminemagazine.com/eyes-on-the-prize/

I remember seeing his Wikipedia entry and noting that he is doing the music video thing, but this new article has a lot more detail.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                          My mama used to love to tell me "life ain't fair". I guess she was right.

Comment

C D Kaplan posted today that the Knights to D1, Atlantic Sun is "almost a done deal". Task force appointed to raise $10M

Get out your wallets

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
                              C D Kaplan posted today that the Knights to D1, Atlantic Sun is "almost a done deal". Task force appointed to raise $10M

Get out your wallets

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post

Get out your wallets
                                April fool's bit? Package deal with USI? I'm onboard if this is true.

Been wondering about this issue lately, as I remember hearing it'd be presented to the trustees in March. Interesting that the plan would be for an "upgraded and enlarged" Knights Hall, rather than a new arena -- makes sense.

If this turns out to be legit, I'll plan on writing the Knights in as a sixteen-seed in my 2025 D-I bracket.
                                Last edited by BellarmineGrad; 04-01-2019, 01:46 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X