Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

In the end, defense wins championships. Knights rule today with lock down defense. We'll wait and see how the regional selection turns out, but in my opinion Drury belongs there, we'll see. I leave it up to the ncaa committee to decide who hosts....given the way they have acted in previous years I think it might Lewis. I don't think the committee thinks about BU having injuries during their losing skid (like the talking heads on ESPN babble on about Duke and their injury). I think for D2 they tend to go by a formula.

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
      Really good to see other players stepping up on a day when AE is having his worst game of the year (in my opinion). There was a point in the second half when I found myself saying Scotty needs to take him out, he's hurting our chances. Never in my wildest imagination would have I predicted years ago when Daniel Ramser came on campus as a walk-on freshman that he would turn out to be a player this valuable to the team.
      Just to clarify, Ramser was not a walk on.

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
        In the end, defense wins championships. Knights rule today with lock down defense. We'll wait and see how the regional selection turns out, but in my opinion Drury belongs there, we'll see. I leave it up to the ncaa committee to decide who hosts....given the way they have acted in previous years I think it might Lewis. I don't think the committee thinks about BU having injuries during their losing skid (like the talking heads on ESPN babble on about Duke and their injury). I think for D2 they tend to go by a formula.
        The selection criteria in DII is not as subjective as D1. With 2 unranked teams from the GMAC and GLIAC getting in, Drury stands no chance to get a bid. This is how I see the bracket:
        #1 Bellarmine
        #2 Lewis
        #3 Findley
        #4 USI
        #5 Ashland
        #6 Indy
        #7 Grand Valley (Automatic)
        #8 Walsh (Automatic)

Comment

Lewis #1 seed..4-0 against BU and usi...if not worse seeding EVER :)

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
            Lewis #1 seed..4-0 against BU and usi...if not worse seeding EVER :)
            Those were quality wins, but the losses, not so much.

Lewis Losses:
            2 losses to Drury
            1 loss to No Michigan
            1 loss to Truman State
            All losses to unranked in-region teams who will not be in the NCAA tournament
            In region record: 21-5

Bellarmine losses:
            2 losses to Lewis
            1 loss to UIndy
            1 loss to So Ind
            All losses to top 8 in-region teams who will play in tournment
            In region record: 26-4
            Last edited by #1KnightFan; 03-10-2019, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Lewis 4-0 head to head...that is what matters...#1 seed

Comment

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                The selection criteria in DII is not as subjective as D1. With 2 unranked teams from the GMAC and GLIAC getting in, Drury stands no chance to get a bid. This is how I see the bracket:
                #1 Bellarmine
                #2 Lewis
                #3 Findley
                #4 USI
                #5 Ashland
                #6 Indy
                #8 Walsh (Automatic)

Comment

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                  #1 Bellarmine
                  #2 Lewis
                  #3 Findley
                  #4 USI
                  #5 Ashland
                  #6 Indy
                  #8 Walsh (Automatic)
                  I see no objective criteria for putting Indy in front of Drury.
                  I don't know what the committee will do for the #1 seed, but it simply is not true that objective criteria prefer Lewis. There does seem to be a tendency to discount the conference tournament results, but I don't remember a previous time where the 1&2 seed were from the same conference and the #2 won the conference tournament. In order for Lewis to hold on to #1, the committee must completely ignore the conference tournament. If that were the case, why wait to announce the #1 seed until after the conference tournament?

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                    I see no objective criteria for putting Indy in front of Drury.
                    I don't know what the committee will do for the #1 seed, but it simply is not true that objective criteria prefer Lewis. There does seem to be a tendency to discount the conference tournament results, but I don't remember a previous time where the 1&2 seed were from the same conference and the #2 won the conference tournament. In order for Lewis to hold on to #1, the committee must completely ignore the conference tournament. If that were the case, why wait to announce the #1 seed until after the conference tournament?
                    I agree that the objective criteria would point more towards BU. Better overall record, etc. Not sure if the committee can get over the 2 wins head to head though, although that factor is used supposed to be a tiebreaker. I do remember when 1 and 2 came from same conference though and that was 2010 when KWC got 1 and BU 2 when BU won the GLVC tourney(beating KWC in the final.) KWC had a better overall record and had beaten BU in the regulat season though. BU was not 2 going into the GLVC tourney though.

Comment

Conference tournaments are a complete joke and mean nothing.

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                      I agree that the objective criteria would point more towards BU. Better overall record, etc. Not sure if the committee can get over the 2 wins head to head though, although that factor is used supposed to be a tiebreaker. I do remember when 1 and 2 came from same conference though and that was 2010 when KWC got 1 and BU 2 when BU won the GLVC tourney(beating KWC in the final.) KWC had a better overall record and had beaten BU in the regulat season though. BU was not 2 going into the GLVC tourney though.

Comment

As expected, Lewis is #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                          As expected, Lewis is #1.
                          where did u see that? show not to start until 10:30

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
                            where did u see that? show not to start until 10:30
                            They announced all #1 seeds on Twitter. Test of field will be revealed on show.

Comment

Originally posted by NWHoops View Post
                              They announced all #1 seeds on Twitter. Test of field will be revealed on show.
                              ah geez, twitter? hate that place

Comment

If only we could've pulled off a win in that game against Lewis at home...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X