Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Congratulations Bellarmine!!! Win 4 more!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
      Congratulations Bellarmine!!! Win 4 more!!!
      Thanks, and I hope the Knight can! The Oilers certainly didn't make it easy, and I'm sure they'll be back.

Tremendous effort from Eberhard, as noted.

https://www.wdrb.com/sports/lane-bel...4b06f3192.html

https://www.whas11.com/article/sport...f-d610c6142ac1
      Last edited by BellarmineGrad; 03-18-2019, 12:51 AM. Reason: added coverage.

Comment

Great weekend of basketball by the Knights! Made the trip up and back well worth it....wish I could go to final. I am the superstitious type so I won't say it directly but play like they did Saturday and Sunday, and there should be no issue Tuesday. I just hope AE follows the same routine he did on Sunday. Definitely his best game since the injury. If he remains healthy...oh I won't say!

Comment

Reading the Small College basketball blog. Best write up about AE and his injury I've outside of our little corner. http://smallcollegebasketball.tumblr.com/

Comment

New Eric Crawford piece:
            https://www.wdrb.com/sports/crawford...a77ca3286.html

Comment

Shell shocked after watching that second half would be an understatement. I am at a loss as I try to piece together what happened between than incredible start to the year and the ending of bowing out in the Sweet 16. I don't want to diminish the accomplishment of being one of the last 16 teams standing, but this team seemed destined for greater things. The spark and energy this team had in the first half of the season seemed to only come in glimpses in the second half. I can only speculate as to what may have caused that change or diminish in spark. A thank you is due to the seniors for great seasons that made being a Knight fan incredibly fun, and I look forward to continued success in the coming years.

Comment

In the 2nd it seemed you all tried to run the offense through Adam a bit too much. We limited the run outs and the bottom line was we didn't go to the bench in the second half. It's Little and Norman or bust for USI. The other bigs on the bench are a liability. Weyer was a non factor and he is too good of a player to disappear. But the biggest factor in the outcome from USI's perspective is getting into the bonus with about 13 min left.

Originally posted by KnightsHoop1 View Post
                Shell shocked after watching that second half would be an understatement. I am at a loss as I try to piece together what happened between than incredible start to the year and the ending of bowing out in the Sweet 16. I don't want to diminish the accomplishment of being one of the last 16 teams standing, but this team seemed destined for greater things. The spark and energy this team had in the first half of the season seemed to only come in glimpses in the second half. I can only speculate as to what may have caused that change or diminish in spark. A thank you is due to the seniors for great seasons that made being a Knight fan incredibly fun, and I look forward to continued success in the coming years.

Comment

Lot of fresh legs on the bench, BU kids were worn down. Scott as usual was consumed by the officials. He loses close games because of this.

Way to much talent on this team for this outcome.. Alex, Parker, Ben, Dillon.
                  Why change what you did all year?

Comment

I could not agree more, sub pattern was awful. Dance with girl that got you this far.

Comment

Great coach when things are going welll, not when there is adversity. Total front runner.

Comment

Disappointment and frustration run deep on a lost opportunity but a 28-5, sweet 16 season deserves applause and appreciation. Senior class were winners from day one and don't know if the home win streak will ever be duplicated again. The achievements should not be taken for granted............Thanks for the memories.
                        Don't know if we have ever replaced 4 starters in the Scotty era but they all leave big shoes to fill.

Comment

Injuries the past 2 seasons account for the final outcome. Can't expect to win it all without your team at 100%. No team plays harder than BU. Special kids and program.

Comment

Still Pissed, what the heck happened?
                            How do we not use our bench when USI only dressed 10 players?

Comment

Originally posted by Knights Hall View Post
                              Still Pissed, what the heck happened?
                              How do we not use our bench when USI only dressed 10 players?
                              I hear ya -- strange end to a fun season.

I'm already wondering about the starters for the next one. Will it be Weyer, Cook, Palombizio, Fleming, and, say, Chitty? Will there be one or more transfers? Will someone like Tipton break through?

I'm hoping to see Penn and Penny get more minutes. Also excited about the incoming freshman -- I have a good feeling about Thelen.

Comment

Saw where Doug Davenport tweeted that BU commit Alec Pfriem just finished an undefeated season and back-to-back state D-I championships for Moeller High in Cincy. Looks like they defeated LeBron's alma mater St. Vincent-St. Mary of Akron in the title game.

Pfriem also had an offer from Air Force and garnered some accolades during the season.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X