Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

There's an ASUN message board that isn't very active but there are a few folks there wanting to welcome you all to the conference.

https://www.csnbbs.com/forum-322.html
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Good announcement and Q&A. Folks there appear excited!

I took pride when he singled out every flag of current member institutions and explained that each one had a post-season tournament win this past year in at least one sport. He also mentioned UNA's conference title game appearance in women's soccer.

This next season will likely be a bit awkward knowing it's the last in D2 but enjoy those final games with conference rivals, etc. It will be bittersweet from that perspective.
      Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        There's an ASUN message board that isn't very active but there are a few folks there wanting to welcome you all to the conference.

https://www.csnbbs.com/forum-322.html
        Thanks again! I actually signed up last night, but think my account request needs approval by an admin.

The press conference was a lot of fun and was very well-attended. As far as post-season eligibility, I believe Scotty said that, even during the first year as a D-I, BU could compete for an NIT bid, as well as the CBI, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
          Thanks again! I actually signed up last night, but think my account request needs approval by an admin.

The press conference was a lot of fun and was very well-attended. As far as post-season eligibility, I believe Scotty said that, even during the first year as a D-I, BU could compete for an NIT bid, as well as the CBI, etc.

Comment

Congrats to BU!
            This just makes me wonder what the USI administration's response will be. Do they just accept the status quo knowing we will be the big fish in the now-smaller pond, or follow BU's lead using the new facilities as a springboard and seek a D1 invite somewhere?

Comment

By the way, the renderings of the proposed Knights Hall renovations look good, save for the notorious support columns remaining (can't have everything, I suppose).

A tier of box seats is added over what at least used to be the student section -- it seems that new area spills out into the second floor of a new two-story entrance to the arena. Instead of taking out the stage, a section of seating is simply inserted there (I'm guessing retractable seating, so the stage could still be used for speakers and similar events).

The place should have a unique feel, not unlike the smaller, historic D-I arenas in the northeast.

IMG-1674

IMG-1675
              Last edited by BellarmineGrad; 06-18-2019, 02:23 PM. Reason: adding pics.

Comment

Looks like I'll have to buy a Bellarmine cap for my D1 collection.

Comment

BTW- what conference is Bellarmine wrestling going to join?

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                    Looks like Wrestling and Field Hockey are still listed as independent. Everything else has a home listed.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post
                      I believe the article stated they would compete as Independent, along with their field hockey program.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                        Congrats to BU!
                        This just makes me wonder what the USI administration's response will be. Do they just accept the status quo knowing we will be the big fish in the now-smaller pond, or follow BU's lead using the new facilities as a springboard and seek a D1 invite somewhere?
                        Nellie Ohr has stated many times they are happy in d2 and playing low budget new to ncaa operations. Competition keeps getting easier maybe another 11 hrs WoD will get over the hump and beat point church of the Nazarene for a right to play Cal State- San Bernardino - palm Desert campus

Comment

BTW - ASun member Liberty plays field hockey in the Big East. Would be nice for BU if they could follow suit.

For wrestling, you would think that they should have at least one foot in the door with the SoCon - given their lacrosse associate membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            Congrats to BU!

Comment

The whole team Robama, Nellie ohr , and even Sid would be overwhelmed.

Robama all sizzle no steak.
                              Nellie Ohr wants to stay d2 and ride out to taxpayer pension. Dude has ambition of a snail
                              And ray ray does chitty job now. Imagine with D1 expectations. Probably would just copy and paste opponents press release and lead ups.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                                By the way, the renderings of the proposed Knights Hall renovations look good, save for the notorious support columns remaining (can't have everything, I suppose).

A tier of box seats is added over what at least used to be the student section -- it seems that new area spills out into the second floor of a new two-story entrance to the arena. Instead of taking out the stage, a section of seating is simply inserted there (I'm guessing retractable seating, so the stage could still be used for speakers and similar events).

The place should have a unique feel, not unlike the smaller, historic D-I arenas in the northeast.

IMG-1674

IMG-1675
                                Not at all impressed with this rendering. Who wants to sit in the end zone? and are you stuffing students onto a cramped stage? Where does the band go? And the *!*%# columns are still there. Knights Hall is a 60 year old facility. This is throwing $$$ away just to say you have more seats
                                Seems to me if you are serious about being a player in D1, and, most importantly attracting more local fans to help pay for some of this, you would build a state of the art 5000+ seat facility, expandable, if necessary. Absolutely with suites, the cash cow of college athletics. Place to hold all BU events as well as local Catholic HS graduations, events, etc. maybe the Archbishop could kick in some $$$. Just can't see anybody paying a D1 ticket price to sit in the endzone at Knights Hall.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X