Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

What's behind the wall on the stage side? Kind of surprised they didn't push through that (unless you really can't).

Ironically, the balcony seating on the other end added more columns.

If they can get seating up to around 3,000, that is probably good for most games - and then move a few big games off campus.

I like unique and intimate venues and I think this looks pretty good on 3 sides. I'm just not a fan of the stage side.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
      Not at all impressed with this rendering. Who wants to sit in the end zone? and are you stuffing students onto a cramped stage? Where does the band go? And the *!*%# columns are still there. Knights Hall is a 60 year old facility. This is throwing $$$ away just to say you have more seats
      Seems to me if you are serious about being a player in D1, and, most importantly attracting more local fans to help pay for some of this, you would build a state of the art 5000+ seat facility, expandable, if necessary. Absolutely with suites, the cash cow of college athletics. Place to hold all BU events as well as local Catholic HS graduations, events, etc. maybe the Archbishop could kick in some $$$. Just can't see anybody paying a D1 ticket price to sit in the endzone at Knights Hall.
      I don't want to be negative on any of the D1 move but I have to agree that the renderings of changes to Knights Hall aren't that impressive. Looks to me it might be the cheapest way to add a few hundred seats. Maybe this will just be a temporary fix until some big money folks come up with some big donations a few years down the road. I can smell a capital campaign coming down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
        I don't want to be negative on any of the D1 move but I have to agree that the renderings of changes to Knights Hall aren't that impressive. Looks to me it might be the cheapest way to add a few hundred seats. Maybe this will just be a temporary fix until some big money folks come up with some big donations a few years down the road. I can smell a capital campaign coming down the road.
        I'd imagine this is correct. UNA did a couple of million in upgrades to our gym but it won't be sufficient in the long run. (Yet, yours is already better than a couple in the ASUN).

I'm sure the ASUN came in and had input on what needs to change - mainly to accommodate the needs of ESPN+.

Interestingly, Liberty just built a smaller arena (designed to brings the fans closer) for basketball than their current, massive facility.

New multiuse arena to be built next to Vines Center
        Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

The press conference for those that missed it:

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
            Maybe this will just be a temporary fix until some big money folks come up with some big donations a few years down the road. I can smell a capital campaign coming down the road.
            Yes, given the outlay for moving up to D-I, it's unrealistic to expect a new arena at this point; right now, BU wants the increased national exposure, increased enrollment, and increased revenue.

Of course, if things go reasonably well at the next level for a sustained period, a new facility could happen.

Comment

Nice warm, heartfelt sentiment from the GLVC on Bellarmine's departure.

https://glvcsports.com/news/2019/6/1...signation.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post
                Nice warm, heartfelt sentiment from the GLVC on Bellarmine's departure.

https://glvcsports.com/news/2019/6/1...signation.aspx
                Heh. Yeah, I saw that -- the statement is dripping with emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                  Heh. Yeah, I saw that -- the statement is dripping with emotion.
                  It is dripping with emotion, but the emotions involved are entirely negative.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                    It is dripping with emotion, but the emotions involved are entirely negative.
                    I agree completely!

Comment

UNALions, if you are still hanging out here-

I went on the UNA website to see what your arena looked like. What I found was your live-mascot lions that live on-campus. Very cool.

Comment

Short piece on the D-I move, focusing on incoming freshman guard Drew Comer:
                        https://www.greensburgdailynews.com/...6dbe206dd.html

Comment

In this WLKY interview over the weekend, Scotty says that next season will begin with games on 11/8 and 11/9, against Saginaw and Northwood:
                          https://www.wlky.com/article/bellarm...urday/28156855

Honoring the beginnings of the great BU hoops era we're in, apparently Davenport's first seniors (Kyle Thrasher, Matt Miller, Montonio Blake, and Cal Fowler) will be at Knights Hall then.

Comment

Originally posted by BlueBlood View Post
                            UNALions, if you are still hanging out here-

I went on the UNA website to see what your arena looked like. What I found was your live-mascot lions that live on-campus. Very cool.
                            Yes, Leo III and Una are super cool. It was just Leo when I was in school there.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

So, I'm not finding a lot to show you on the arena.

Here's a floor reveal video but all the seats were ripped out after this.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

The seats are purple now and they put luxury boxes in one end of the balcony. They also installed several video boards. You can see some of those things briefly in this news clip of a game from last season.

Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X