Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
    Still bummed that we won't see this chap in our scarlet and silver, but I do hope it works out for him:
    https://mountaineersports.com/sean-m...to-morgantown/

Would be cool to see him "kill it," as the kids say, at WVU.
    Still no insight as to why he left Bellarmine.

Comment

I'll just "leave this here":
      https://www.centralmoinfo.com/2019/0...ropping-to-d2/

Comment

The roster is up on the school website. You have to change the season to 2019-2020. No surprises, deletions or unannounced additions. They do list Bradshaw as a redshirt-sophomore.

Makes me start to speculate on a starting line up, and frankly outside of Ben Weyer and probably Cj Fleming, it is hard to guess. I know I would like to see Dylan Penn and Cobe Penny getting plenty of minutes. You would think that Alex Cook would be starting, but coach's use of him has been tough to understand for three years, so I'm not really sure. Palombizio remains a complete unknown to me, but his pedigree would certainly indicate that he would be starting. Bradshaw is also unknown and I am concerned that his mutiple transfers have retarded his growth as a basketball player.

My guess at the moment would be: Weyer, Cook, Palambizio, Fleming and Penn. Bringing Chitty, Bradshaw, and Penny off the bench indicates that this team is very deep. I would expect the team to have balanced scoring, I wouldn't be surprised if Flemming leads the team in scoring, but there probably won't be anybody scoring more than 14 per game. Additionally there are some intriguing possibillities with the freshmen and red-shirt freshmen, among them Baylor Younker. I have seen him in practice and he is not some clumsy tall guy. He really has the potential to be a George Suggs type player.

Hoping that Penn plays as a 2, by which I mean he plays with the big front line. This would create nearly impossible matchups for almost all D-2 teams that start 3 guards, which nearly all of them do.
        Last edited by Knightmoves; 08-06-2019, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Moves, have you seen a practice this year or are you referring to last year when you talk about Younker?

Comment

Originally posted by BGrad1971 View Post
            Moves, have you seen a practice this year or are you referring to last year when you talk about Younker?
            Last year.

Comment

• Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                My guess at the moment would be: Weyer, Cook, Palambizio, Fleming and Penn. Bringing Chitty, Bradshaw, and Penny off the bench ... .
                This, I want to see. Hard not to be excited about the squad's depth.

Comment

Cook's defensive lapses and TO's kept him in Scotty's doghouse especially when he had other options. Those options are gone so may not be the case this year.
                  Offense will definitely change this year losing Adam as well as his 150 assists. Tyler's 88 and Daniel's 81 gone too. Gaping hole for a feeder. Don't see Fleming or Penn in that role. Chitty best defender and most likely but TO's. First time in a while the point is in question.
                  2 new hires in Athletic department in prep for D-1 move, wonder if we will have as many suits on the bench as UL and UK

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
                    2 new hires in Athletic department in prep for D-1 move, wonder if we will have as many suits on the bench as UL and UK
                    Ha, maybe one day. The two I saw are behind-the-scenes types, so we fans probably won't see much of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Smooth View Post
                      Cook's defensive lapses and TO's kept him in Scotty's doghouse especially when he had other options. Those options are gone so may not be the case this year.
                      Offense will definitely change this year losing Adam as well as his 150 assists. Tyler's 88 and Daniel's 81 gone too. Gaping hole for a feeder. Don't see Fleming or Penn in that role. Chitty best defender and most likely but TO's. First time in a while the point is in question.
                      Who will score is a better question than who will pass. They will pass the ball or they won't play. I also think that Fleming is quite capable of distributing, and he cann do it without making a bunch of turnovers. He does not look to make flashy passes. Penny is a scorer, I hope he doesn't get the Brent Bach treatment and is not able to show his scoring ability until his senior year and someone gets hurt.

TO's by Cook are a problem, however, if you look at his offensive stats, he is extremely efficient. The guy was over 60% from the field and 40% from 3. If you judge your offensive efficiency by points per possession, the turnovers do not outweigh the good stuff. Eberhard made a lot of stupid turnovers, although many of his were attempting passes that should not have been attempted. Cook needs to avoid the offensive foul and traveling (at least those are dead ball TO's).
                      Last edited by Knightmoves; 08-07-2019, 11:36 AM.

Comment

Knights to play an exhibition against U of L at the chicken bucket on 10/29.

Comment

Bradshaw is immediately available with 3 years of eligibility. This should make a huge difference.

https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...e-knights.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by #1KnightFan View Post
                            Bradshaw is immediately available with 3 years of eligibility. This should make a huge difference.

https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...e-knights.aspx
                            Good news, indeed!

Comment

• It's already making the BU fan rounds, but it in case anyone hasn't seen it, The Athletic just published a nice piece on the D-I move:
                              https://theathletic.com/1147912/

Comment

• The official schedule is out:
                                https://athletics.bellarmine.edu/new...-schedule.aspx

No real surprises, as we've already heard, and/or speculated, about the exhibitions and the out-of-conference schedule.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X