Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

Eager for an official announcement!

I was a never-D1er. Heck I'm even the GSC blogger here, but I must say that this has been one of the most exciting seasons of UNA sports I've ever watched. The ASUN - in most all sports - is very fun and competitive.

OT Brag ALERT: After starting off pretty rough on the diamond in this first season of transition, UNA just beat #18 Ole Miss in baseball today!! Roar Lions!!!
    Last edited by UNALions; 04-02-2019, 03:25 PM.
    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Comment

#truth

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
        The landscape is so much different now as said before. Look at all the d1 schools within 200 miles of
        Both vs d2. All the good programs are gone.
        Austin peay will draw way more than Azusa Pacific as will Murray st than maryville.
        This too.

Originally posted by UNALions View Post
        Eager for an official announcement!

I was a never-D1er. Heck I'm even the GSC blogger here, but I must say that this has been one of the most exciting seasons of UNA sports I've ever watched. The ASUN - in most all sports - is very fun and competitive.

OT Brag ALERT: After starting off pretty rough on the diamond in this first season of transition, UNA just beat #18 Ole Miss in baseball today!! Roar Lions!!!
        Good stuff and congrats -- that's an impressive win.

Comment

Any Knights fans curious of ASUN hoops, the regular season co-champ Lipscomb is on ESPN right now playing Wichita State in the semis of the NIT at Madison Square Garden. Check'em out. I was pulling for these guys to get into the NCAA tourney but they were on the bubble and lost to Liberty in the conference tournament title game.
          Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

• Comment

OVC should boot eastern Illinois. They add nothing other than football. Broke school in a zero media market. Add usi and Bellarmine. complete the gaping whole in the media/recruiting market map.
              1st choice OVC
              2nd Horizon
              3 ASUN
              Distant fourth Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ Silky Panties View Post
                OVC should boot eastern Illinois. They add nothing other than football. Broke school in a zero media market. Add usi and Bellarmine. complete the gaping whole in the media/recruiting market map.
                1st choice OVC
                2nd Horizon
                3 ASUN
                Distant fourth Summit.
                Last edited by BellarmineGrad; 04-02-2019, 08:07 PM.

Comment

Comment

And yet, NKU hasn't come within a sniff of any ACTUAL national success other than "played in NCAA tournament" in their bread and butter sport of MBB. It's shocking to hear USI fans actually saying it would be great to be "competitive" in a second tier minor D1 conference. Getting to the final 4 sure did a number on you guys.

Comment

I don't see the OVC being interested in a D2 school right now. They seem to be happy with their current 12. There were rumors about them inviting NKU and North Alabama back in 2011 when both were still D2, but they'd just added Belmont to reach 12 and decided to stand pat.

If the OVC wanted another non-football school, I'd have to think their first call would be Lipscomb.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                        I don't see the OVC being interested in a D2 school right now. They seem to be happy with their current 12. There were rumors about them inviting NKU and North Alabama back in 2011 when both were still D2, but they'd just added Belmont to reach 12 and decided to stand pat.

If the OVC wanted another non-football school, I'd have to think their first call would be Lipscomb.

Comment

Originally posted by kdubnation View Post
                          And yet, NKU hasn't come within a sniff of any ACTUAL national success other than "played in NCAA tournament" in their bread and butter sport of MBB. It's shocking to hear USI fans actually saying it would be great to be "competitive" in a second tier minor D1 conference. Getting to the final 4 sure did a number on you guys.
                          It's really not just the final 4 that's driving this. It's the fact that every year it seems another top team leaves and another weak team enters and that's just not exciting as a fan. Also, USI and BU are on an island in D2 with very few nearby teams. With a brand new state-of-the-art facility coupled with the support we just saw from the community, I just think that USI could easily outdraw UE's attendance on a regular basis and play some big name schools, even if it takes another decade to become relevant. There will always be a transition period, but I feel like having the D1 label will also attract better players (given the right coaching staff). As big of a school as we are, there's no reason we couldn't be competitive in a short time.

Comment

Originally posted by schnautza View Post
                            It's really not just the final 4 that's driving this. It's the fact that every year it seems another top team leaves and another weak team enters and that's just not exciting as a fan. Also, USI and BU are on an island in D2 with very few nearby teams. With a brand new state-of-the-art facility coupled with the support we just saw from the community, I just think that USI could easily outdraw UE's attendance on a regular basis and play some big name schools, even if it takes another decade to become relevant. There will always be a transition period, but I feel like having the D1 label will also attract better players (given the right coaching staff). As big of a school as we are, there's no reason we couldn't be competitive in a short time.
                            City leaders will quietly discourage. Evansville Theatre will be on life support athletically and the Betty will lose a prime tenant.

Comment

Building a state of the art arena and playing in a conference that only has a small handful of attractive opponents is the only number being played. If Bellarmine goes that leaves Indy as the only close proximity rival in the conference. Play in a half empty 4,800 seat arena against McKendree or have the chance to see a Murray a Belmont, in addition to many potential D I regional schools in the area? Choice is rather easy.....

Comment

I agree, losing touch with reality. I say, good for BU. This will ultimately give USI a much better opportunity in the future towards postseason success with BU out of the way.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X