Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New bellarmine thread

The Frontline has been solid. The back court, especially Ramse and Fleming, have been good too. The one weak point has been turnovers, mostly AE, Jenkins, Chitty and Cook,but the rest of their play has been outstanding.

Comment

Originally posted by KnightStalker View Post
      Tomorro's game strats the toughest stretch of home games BU has had since the start of The Streak.
      Darn it -- don't jinx us!

Comment

Great win today, Christian Brothers was not near as good as I thought they would be. Still confused why Jenkins gets so many minutes, I know he is a Senior but the team is better with Chitty in the game. For this team not to come up short in March Cook has to get more minutes and he has to be more aggressive on the offensive end, you know you have a good team when Chitty plays 15 minutes and Cook plays 16. Adam is the glue of the team, steady as they come.

Comment

Good win Saturday, Christian Brothers seemed like no threat however. When you shoot 60%, limit turnovers to 7 and have 21 assists its a guaranteed win at Knights Hall. Noticed Raymer was often assigned to guard their big guy (Dieball). Penn played great and would like to see him more, but the other guards don't need to have minutes taken away from them. I don't want to jinx us, but you know every other year we seem to have some injuries or illness where we're happy if there is someone good off the bench to step up.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights Hall View Post
            Great win today, Christian Brothers was not near as good as I thought they would be. Still confused why Jenkins gets so many minutes, I know he is a Senior but the team is better with Chitty in the game. For this team not to come up short in March Cook has to get more minutes and he has to be more aggressive on the offensive end, you know you have a good team when Chitty plays 15 minutes and Cook plays 16. Adam is the glue of the team, steady as they come.

Comment

Not sure what you are talking about Jenkins starts and plays more minutes than Chitty. Jenkins plays good D, but is a liability on offense. I am looking at the big prize.

Comment

Originally posted by Knights Hall View Post
                Not sure what you are talking about Jenkins starts and plays more minutes than Chitty. Jenkins plays good D, but is a liability on offense. I am looking at the big prize.
                Sorry misunderstood what you meant. Well maybe it will work out in the end with chitty coming in off the bench or maybe Davenport will realize chitty needs more minutes later in season.

Comment

Now I maybe the biggest Chitty fan on this board(I think i professed my man crush the first game I saw him play for BU) but I think Jenkins deserves the starting position and the 4 more minutes per game than Chitty. They are both excellent defensive players. Jenkins, however, is not the offensive liability you describe. He is second in assists on the team and although he has been plagued with turnovers more than I would expect, his assist to turnover ratio is still better than Chitty. His free throw percentage has been bad but I expect that will improve. As far as comparison, I believe Fleming is the guard that has a better claim for starting and more minutes than Chitty. However, I do like me some Chitty! Just wish he would take care of the ball a little better.

Comment

Now I maybe the biggest Chitty fan on this board(I think i professed my man crush the first game I saw him play for BU) but I think Jenkins deserves the starting position and the 4 more minutes per game than Chitty. They are both excellent defensive players. Jenkins, however, is not the offensive liability you describe. He is second in assists on the team and although he has been plagued with turnovers more than I would expect, his assist to turnover ratio is still better than Chitty. His free throw percentage has been bad but I expect that will improve. As far as comparison, I believe Fleming is the guard that has a better claim for starting and more minutes than Chitty. However, I do like me some Chitty! Just wish he would take care of the ball a little better.
                    You are correct bro. If offense out of the 1 is a concern, Fleming would be the man. 63% from the field/54% on 3's/91% on ft's. His defense is very good as well, I believe that either he or Ramser leads the team in drawn charges. Personally I think Coach has it right, starting Jenkins. But those three guys are likely to end up pretty close together in minutes played. One thing I love about Chitty, he leads the team in ENERGY.

Personally, I am not concerned about offense out of the 1. This team has done an excellent job of understanding and using its advantage on the front line. Nobody has come close to matching the inside power of this team, and just about every trip down involves getting the ball into the paint and either scoring or kiciking out for the open three. BTW, our next opponent, Barry, may be the team on the schedule that best matches our front line. Although their 6'9" guy is mostly a 3 point shooter. They do have some interior length and strength, however, and may be able to defend the paint better than other teams we have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightmoves View Post
                      One thing I love about Chitty, he leads the team in ENERGY.
                      I'd put Penn right there too -- he's a real spark plug off the bench too.

Comment

Originally posted by BellarmineGrad View Post
                        I'd put Penn right there too -- he's a real spark plug off the bench too.
                        It was interesting that he didn't get in against USI. Wonder if Scotty thought he was too anxious against the hometown crowd and a close game.

Comment

With Penny getting in the game against CBU, it looks like we know the 3 redshirts are: Palombizio, Younker and Tipton. Scotty was asked about Penny playing on the post game show, and said it was strictly up to the player whether they want to redshirt or not. I assume Penny wants to finish school in 4 years and go on with life. At the same time he may be saving that redshirt for an injury as well. Still good that Scotty gives them the choice.

Comment

With Penny getting in the game against CBU, it looks like we know the 3 redshirts are: Palombizio, Younker and Tipton. Scotty was asked about Penny playing on the post game show, and said it was strictly up to the player whether they want to redshirt or not. I assume Penny wants to finish school in 4 years and go on with life. At the same time he may be saving that redshirt for an injury as well. Still good that Scotty gives them the choice.
                            I was surprised to see Penny play this season since it seems even his "garbage time" minutes may be limited with the depth at the guard position.

Probably too excited to watch Penn progress - his speed is incredible and if he can show or develop a nice jump shot his ceiling is very high; I just need to remind myself he's still a freshman and to keep expectations in check for now

Comment

• Comment

BU has not played UIS yet. They played USI. Nonetheless, it would be great to play NWMSU in Evansville come March. I am very impressed with their season so far, I was expecting them to be a little bit down from the last couple of years but they have been dominant.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X