X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Man.

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
    So it's official we're getting an interim belt again....damn
    Unless something really weird happens, doesn't look the belt will make the playoffs.

Comment

I don't know national champion still sounds better than The Man belt holder...
      Don't worry yourself about that...

Comment

Originally posted by Cat N Mav View Post
        Don't worry yourself about that...
        Oh I'm not dumb enough to start spitting out stuff like we are going to be champions. I see flaws with our team everywhere. But I was just saying if I had to chose between the Man and Championship. I'm taking the Championship and and interim belt.

Comment

Oh I'm not dumb enough to start spitting out stuff like we are going to be champions. I see flaws with our team everywhere. But I was just saying if I had to chose between the Man and Championship. I'm taking the Championship and and interim belt.
          I bet it is safe to say in one week there will be 28 other programs/fan bases/coaches/etc... that agree with this over "the man."

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
            Ric Flair was the champion even when Ric Flair wasn't the champion!!! WOOOOOOO!!!
            It makes you wonder if Arn Anderson ever could have been "The Man", but that's one thing we'll never know. Could Ric Flair have survived the spine buster? Could Arn Anderson get out of the Figure 4? They sure made a good team though together in the 4 Horsemen.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
              Unless something really weird happens, doesn't look the belt will make the playoffs.
              I suppose if GV doesn't make it you are hoping an MIAA school brings home the hardware again, so you can merge the belts some point next season, instead of hoping both make playoffs....can there be 3 belts at one time? Say the man belt misses playoffs next year again

Comment

Right now the Man is NWMSU until dethroned. U Da Man NW!
                1995 FSU (12-0) @ UNA (12-0) Final 7-45... I was there for this semi final D2 game. Good game until midway 2cnd quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Bulldog View Post
                  Right now the Man is NWMSU until dethroned. U Da Man NW!
                  Ummmm... Bulldog, that's not how this works. The gorram sandbaggers lost, and a week early to boot. Pittsburg State is now the Man, and if Fort Hays State had played NWMSU first, then they would be carrying the Man into the playoffs, instead of it sitting at home. This years Champion wins an interim belt, and both belts are tracked until they are merged.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                    Ummmm... Bulldog, that's not how this works. The gorram sandbaggers lost, and a week early to boot. Pittsburg State is now the Man, and if Fort Hays State had played NWMSU first, then they would be carrying the Man into the playoffs, instead of it sitting at home. This years Champion wins an interim belt, and both belts are tracked until they are merged.
                    Since Pitt State IS playing in the post season in the Texarcana Bowl vs Arkansas Tech, why would the winner of this game not carry the belt into the next season?

Comment

• Re: The Man.

Since Pitt State IS playing in the post season in the Texarcana Bowl vs Arkansas Tech, why would the winner of this game not carry the belt into the next season?
                      well, to be the Man you gotta beat the Man. Yeah, even though neither team is in the playoffs, its an offical NCAA D2 football game, so it would be Tech's shot at being the Man. Not going to hold my breath about them beating the Gorilla's.

Comment

I would imagine it would carry over to Tech if they won. Does the GAC schedule only in conference games?

Comment

I would imagine it would carry over to Tech if they won. Does the GAC schedule only in conference games?
                          Yes.

Comment

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again

Comment

Darn, so the belt would float around a silo conference until playoffs waiting to be merged again
                              Uh, it's in a silo conf already.:doh:

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                                Uh, it's in a silo conf already.:doh:
                                Shoot you're right. I guess I should have said another silo conference so there's less of a hope of merging the titles next year before playoffs unless harding is somehow going to reel off 5 straight wins....of course that's if tech wins.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X