• Re: The Man.

The Man......

Pittsburg State 21
    Central Oklahoma 7

Next up for the Gorillas is Emporia State

For the Interim belt...

Texas A&M-Kingsville 36
    Texas A&M-Commerce (2) 37

Next up for the Lions is William Jewell.
    Last edited by bigmrg74; 09-03-2018, 10:25 PM.

Comment

The Man

Pittsburg State 34
      Emporia State 13

Next up for the Gorillas is Northeastern State.

For the Interim Belt

Texas A&M-Commerce 27
      William Jewell 17

Next up to challenge the Lions is Eastern New Mexico.

Comment

The Man

Pittsburg State 45
        Northeastern State 7

Next up for the Gorilla's is Nebraska-Kearney.

For the Interim belt

Texas A&M-Commerce 21
        Eastern New Mexico 11

Next up for the Lions is CSU-Pueblo. Pretty good chance that the Belt could change hands here this week.

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
          The Man

Pittsburg State 45
          Northeastern State 7

Next up for the Gorilla's is Nebraska-Kearney.

For the Interim belt

Texas A&M-Commerce 21
          Eastern New Mexico 11

Next up for the Lions is CSU-Pueblo. Pretty good chance that the Belt could change hands here this week.
          Disagree. Commerce D is lights out & offense is ready to step up.

Comment

Remind me again how we get an interim belt?

Comment

Originally posted by boyblue View Post
              Remind me again how we get an interim belt?
              To be The Man you have to beat The Man.

The interim comes from when the champion did not beat the man or the team that beat the man etc. You can have a situation where The Man and Interim Man merge.

Check with bigmrg74 for the official rules.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

The interim comes from when the champion did not beat the man or the team that beat the man etc. You can have a situation where The Man and Interim Man merge.

I'll add to the confusion. The team with the "belt" did not get to the NC last year. Therefore the NC winner never beat "the man" as the opposition didn't have the belt in the NC game. Therefore we end up having 2 "men." I think Monster did a look back so he would know if it ever happened, but it is possible to have 3 "men." Gotta hope the current holders get in the PO's or another split is possible. If only one gets in, we'll still have 2. If both get in, it will combined again no later than the NC game. If neither get in... I think we'll have 3. Confused yet?:wink:

Comment

Comment

I've tracked belts even as teams have left Division 2. Thankfully teams moving up to D1-AA tended to keep a handful of D2's on the schedule for a while. You keep your belt until somebody takes your belt.

Comment

Last edited by UCObluejay; 09-24-2018, 04:33 PM. Reason: defeats the purpose
                      Go Bronchos!

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                        Disagree. Commerce D is lights out & offense is ready to step up.
                        That offense was offensive.

Comment

Bottom line. The Man is whomever Monster says it is.

#BlazerNation

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
                            That offense was offensive.
                            Yeah, hard to win with 5 turnovers. Wonder what the last game that the team that turned it over 5 times in their own half of the field only lost by 10 and only gave up 23 points? No excuses not to get the ball to our playmakers on offense. Time to get back to the drawing board and figure this out.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Yeah, hard to win with 5 turnovers. Wonder what the last game that the team that turned it over 5 times in their own half of the field only lost by 10 and only gave up 23 points? No excuses not to get the ball to our playmakers on offense. Time to get back to the drawing board and figure this out.
                              Pueblo week one had 5 turnovers. When your defense is dominating in the rain you can afford to stay conservative. Especially when playing your 3rd and 4th string RBs the entire second half vs the then #1 team at their place. Commerce players seemed to run their mouths quite a bit from what I saw. Enough that Payer reacted, I've never seen him react to anything good or bad, maybe they will shut up and play now that they aren't world beaters?

Comment

Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post
                                Pittsburg State University now currently holds the title of "The Man" now.

Texas A&M-Commerce beats West Florida 37-27 on 12-16-17 to claim the interim The Man title Belt for 2017.
                                Texas A&M-Commerce lost it to Colorado State-Pueblo 23-13 on 09-22-18.

I'm pretty sure I had all of the dates from 1980 to present all filled out, I used this website here.... http://michigan-football.com/ncaa/ncaa_ii.htm and I pretty much used that site from there on to determine "The Man". It does get harder to figure out when teams moved up back then, but usually poking thru their older media guides will give you the dates you need, and you also might fight the info to confirm what division a school was when it played somebody who may have been a holder of the title belt then. If anybody can fill in those missing dates or track it back from an earlier champion, it would be a big help as well. In theory here, all NC winners were the Man, even if it was just an interim title.

I think I've stumbled across another website that will make it much easier to track it down all the way to the original "The Man" Louisiana Tech in 1973.
                                http://www.cfbdatawarehouse.com/data...conf_index.php
                                updated the list.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X