Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Future Conference Affiliations

Lincoln is back in the miaa for football when in reality they should cancel football.

Comment

Originally posted by Twincitiesmav View Post
      Very curious to see what happens to the GNAC in football after this season...
      Lots of crying, drinking and blaming the presidents of Western Washington Univ and Humboldt State. Sometimes we choose to go old school and blame all the Cali schools who dropped football in the 80s and 90s. Then we go on tirades about supposed partnerships with the RMAC and LSC. Someone usually discusses moving up or down. And you can always count on a mention of Danny Woodhead and the CWU bathrooms....... although the CWU bathrooms have been renovated so I don't know what the hell we're gonna do about replacing that beef with something else.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post
        Didn't know Savannah State was moving down. That's going to be quite a juggernaut for a couple years when they come back.
        Savannah State sucked their entire run in FCS. Savannah State WILL NOT be an instant juggernaut when they return to D2 next season! Middle of the road (at best) within their conference would be a more realistic claim for that program.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          The PSAC will gladly offer up Gannon, Mercyhurst, and Seton Hill for any interested. Name your price.
          One Minnesota Crookston

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post
            Lots of crying, drinking and blaming the presidents of Western Washington Univ and Humboldt State. Sometimes we choose to go old school and blame all the Cali schools who dropped football in the 80s and 90s. Then we go on tirades about supposed partnerships with the RMAC and LSC. Someone usually discusses moving up or down. And you can always count on a mention of Danny Woodhead and the CWU bathrooms....... although the CWU bathrooms have been renovated so I don't know what the hell we're gonna do about replacing that beef with something else.
            Don't forget the possible addition of Ida and Montana schools with the brief mention of the CETYs from Mexico

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
              Don't forget the possible addition of Ida and Montana schools with the brief mention of the CETYs from Mexico
              That last one interests me, as HSU went down there last year for a game. It could be that HSU dropping football may change their mind some, but they would still have a short trip to APU. I was hoping to see that they'd put in their application as they seemed to be very interested in it, but if they are getting all their I's dotted and T's crossed like the Oak View Group did the delay could be a good thing like it appears to be with the Oak View Group and the NHL despite it delaying things a year.

Comment

Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post
                One Minnesota Crookston
                Crookston has football?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
                  Savannah State sucked their entire run in FCS. Savannah State WILL NOT be an instant juggernaut when they return to D2 next season! Middle of the road (at best) within their conference would be a more realistic claim for that program.
                  I don't know. Winston-Salem was pretty dominant for a couple years after they abandoned their transition to Division 1.

Comment

Crazy idea

What if conference Carolina and MEC join for an 16 team football conference

Go north south

11 game silo season

NDC
                    Uu
                    Wju
                    Fsu-wv
                    Wlu
                    Fsu-md
                    Wvwc
                    GSC

Unc pembroke
                    Concord
                    Wvsu
                    Barton
                    Erskine
                    Limestone
                    Chowan
                    Uc

Comment

Originally posted by Dozsa2 View Post
                      I don't know. Winston-Salem was pretty dominant for a couple years after they abandoned their transition to Division 1.
                      Savannah State will suck for sure. They have no fund raising getting the D1 money games which they will be giving up. I doubt their scholarships are much beyond D2 levels now.

Comment

Originally posted by WVIAC-F-EVER View Post
                        Crazy idea

What if conference Carolina and MEC join for an 16 team football conference

Go north south

11 game silo season

NDC
                        Uu
                        Wju
                        Fsu-wv
                        Wlu
                        Fsu-md
                        Wvwc
                        GSC

Unc pembroke
                        Concord
                        Wvsu
                        Barton
                        Erskine
                        Limestone
                        Chowan
                        Uc
                        That's not a terrible idea - but several of those schools ditched football years ago. Plus a few schools have contracted membership with other D2 conferences: Limestone in the SAC and North Greenville just recently signed on to play in the GSC.

Comment

Comment

I think it's a combination of teams wanting a chance to be competitive on the field (especially in football) and there being just enough schools down in that area that different conference combinations can be formed.

I think you'd see that happen in other areas too, but there just aren't enough other D2s nearby for schools to be shuffling between conferences. Like the NSIC, for example....

Comment

Unofficially I have read that the remaining GNAC programs will have a scheduling alliance with the Lone Star Conf schools for football anyway. Makes sense somewhat. The only negative would be distances between some of the schools involved.

Comment

360 degrees of potential schools and others tired of getting their heads kicked in on the football field.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X