Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2018 title game at McKinney ISD in Texas

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post
    I agree, but I think we can all assume that schools that put no money into the presentation of their programs aren't going to be vying playoff appearances let alone national championships right?
    Not at all. I remember 2007 going to Chadron for the regional finals- tiny press box. No visitors seating, etc.

The NCAA wants to reward both teams by making it an event- not just another game. And rightfully so. I look forward to going to McKinney this year.
    Help out D2football.com - click on an ad

Comment

So does this place serve beer? I know it's just a one year deal before the title game resumes it's deal in KC, but in my mind a venue owned by a school district isn't serving alcohol. Needless to say serving beer is a must have for a lot of people.....

even if they get completely smashed tailgating in the parking lot beforehand lol

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
        I still believe it would have been a much better choice to reward the highest seated team with the opportunity to host the National Championship game.
        Like, the school with the tallest chairs?

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post
          So does this place serve beer? I know it's just a one year deal before the title game resumes it's deal in KC, but in my mind a venue owned by a school district isn't serving alcohol. Needless to say serving beer is a must have for a lot of people.....

even if they get completely smashed tailgating in the parking lot beforehand lol
          No alcohol is the policy in the stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post
            Like, the school with the tallest chairs?
            LOL, Seeded.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
              No alcohol is the policy in the stadium.
              Not good. Let the highest seeded team host, as long as they allow proper tailgating;)

Comment

Originally posted by whodat View Post
                Just checked - last minute fares to fly this coming weekend (if purchased today Monday 10/8), leaving this Friday 10/12, and returning 10/14, from Denver to DFW would be $160 roundtrip. To Vegas would be $290. So, it seems like Dallas is a good pick. You could not drive to Dallas for $160.

The cheapest last minute to KC is $247 from Denver. Cheapest last minute to Orlando is $296. Cheapest to Little Rock is $490.

I'd say we have the winning NC site location. Let's hope they can work it out for the Cowboys practice facility permanently after this year.
                You also have to factor in that "Stephen World" in Frisco is also used as a home field for Frisco ISC high school football, so there's always a chance that the Ford Center at the Star would be blocked off for a potential UIL semifinal game (it wouldn't involved a Frisco school; but you'd think that would be a potential neutral site playoff site for lower classifications depending on how the playoffs shake out). That, of course, also depends on when the national title game is scheduled.
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

I would preferred a few miles the other direction.... at Ford Center in The Star in Frisco .. The facility seats 12,000 and features interior and exterior video boards. At 2,270 square feet, the exterior video board is the largest in high school sports.

Lets take out the possibility of bad weather and hold it inside ! Plus you can get some people who are just there to see the Cowboys facility to join.

Comment

did they serve beer at kc?

Comment

It is not going back to KC - Sporting canceled the remainder of the contract. This is just a one-year deal, but I suspect one of the reasons McKinney was chosen is that they have an interest in hosting long-term, and this will be a good audition for that.

Comment

Originally posted by dvaara View Post
                        did they serve beer at kc?
                        Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                          Not good. Let the highest seeded team host, as long as they allow proper tailgating;)
                          They may get a waiver for this event, but I havent heard anything for sure yet. I would be surprised if they didnt get one.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTAMUC View Post
                              Yes.
                              I just took in 2 liters of margarita for my KC experience. :smile-big:

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X