Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predatory Primates
    replied
    The MIAA will give you Lincoln and NSU to fuill the holes.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by scsu83 View Post

I have a (now historic) SCSU Football sweatshirt. I'll always be a proxy Mankato and St Johns fan though so I still have places to call home
    Love to have you as a fan. And as a bodyguard!

Leave a comment:

• scsu83
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

Very sad day for SCSU fans like you. I've talked to others who are disgusted & disappointed in what has happened at SCSU.
    I have a (now historic) SCSU Football sweatshirt. I'll always be a proxy Mankato and St Johns fan though so I still have places to call home

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by scsu83 View Post
    I stopped getting season tickets back when they first said they were dropping football. I shifted my support to the wrestling team at that time. I still went to games, but only one or two a year (max). As far as competitiveness, when they reduced scholarship levels, the team dropped back a bit in terms of standing in the conference (or so it seemed to me). 2020/2021 will be the first year I don't see any SCSU football games dating back to 1976 - sad and true
    Very sad day for SCSU fans like you. I've talked to others who are disgusted & disappointed in what has happened at SCSU.

Leave a comment:

• scsu83
    replied
    I stopped getting season tickets back when they first said they were dropping football. I shifted my support to the wrestling team at that time. I still went to games, but only one or two a year (max). As far as competitiveness, when they reduced scholarship levels, the team dropped back a bit in terms of standing in the conference (or so it seemed to me). 2020/2021 will be the first year I don't see any SCSU football games dating back to 1976 - sad and true

Leave a comment:

• ccmoney8
    replied
    Originally posted by ftballfan View Post
    I find it very interesting that both announced on the same day. How were they doing on the field?
    Article I read said they both had a court ruling against them regarding Title 9. Maybe they both had the same deadline to comply.

Leave a comment:

• Twincitiesmav
    replied
    Originally posted by ftballfan View Post
    I find it very interesting that both announced on the same day. How were they doing on the field?
    SCSU: pretty average. Used to be competitive year and year out. Last playoff appearance was 2013.

Crookston: not much can be said here.

Leave a comment:

• bigmrg74
    replied
    How in the heck did SCSU only have 58 season ticket holders?? They just not pushed the issue or did something happen a while back that ticked off a lot of the boosters??

Leave a comment:

• ftballfan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Article about the four ND & MN schools who dropped football this fall. Also talks about declining enrollments and attendance at games.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/spo...longer-adds-up

Leave a comment:

• Supercal95
    replied
    I looked in Massey which only goes back to 1950, but since then, SCSU leads MSU 30-28-2 in the rivalry.

It's time to get a trophy for more games. Winona, UMD, USF, SMSU, MSUM, and BSU all have chances.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Stanger posted this on Twitter. I thought it was really interesting to show the size of the conference and the number of games played. I think Tech only had seven games in 1966. Quite different from the eleven game season of today.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    The NSIC doesn't need more teams. They are still at 16- no one has left. 14 is still too many for football- they won't be adding anyone. Only if Augie leaves- possibly not even then.

Leave a comment:

• Millsy
    replied
    Originally posted by EveryCatAWildman View Post
    Wonder if that'll give St. Thomas a chance to join the NSIC if the NCAA doesn't grant the waiver to go DI
    The NSIC will still be at 16 schools as St. Cloud and Crookston are not leaving the NSIC, they are just dropping football (and men's and women's golf in SCSU's case).

Leave a comment:

• EveryCatAWildman
    replied
    Wonder if that'll give St. Thomas a chance to join the NSIC if the NCAA doesn't grant the waiver to go DI

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X