Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the NCAA would do good to have both the D3 and D2 championships during the same weekend as the FCS championship, January 11th. It gives the small school fan bases more time to plan for the trip/take off work, which is important when there are no casual fans. 1 week is kind of crazy to plan and it leads to the small attendance. Holidays kind of get in the way as people already have plans to travel and see family etc. When it's help later you also don't get the holiday up charges for travel/hotel so it makes the trip considerably cheaper. This is important when you are talking about a small school in Minnesota playing a small school in Florida, in Texas. Now that they are all held in the same area, you could make a football celebration festival and have the D3/D2/ and FCS games all be held the same weekend, which would be good for cross-game attendance.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I totally agree about starting a week earlier. One thing to consider is that the championship game doesn't have to be played in a Saturday. If you look at 2020, it could be played on Monday the 28th or Tuesday the 29th. That would give nine or 10 days between the semifinals and the championship. It's not perfect but it's better.

I also have a cure for the overlap - start basketball second semester. ;)
        I have two problems with playing it after Christmas.

One is the D2 "Life in the Balance" break. There is a mandated seven day break around Christmas that says there can be no athletic related activity. Student-athletes are not even allowed to use campus athletic facilities during that time unless they are scheduled to be open to the entire student body. They could adjust that as they did this year to make it start the Monday after Dec.20 but I don't think they would eliminate it entirely just for two football teams.

The other is that if we play it in January that will be a month of not playing between the semis and the championship, much of which will be without school in session. With that much time off I think you would lose a lot of the momentum you've built up.

Plus you would really get caught up in the start of conference basketball action - even if you don't start hoops until the second semester. :)

Comment

Great information HF

Comment

Dodged a bullet, IMO. Maybe I'm just being elitist, but the most miserable part of flying, for me, is the fellow travelers, and Spirit's clientele are the worst, in my experience.

Also, although I travel light, I don't want to be surprised at the gate when some overzealous, overtired employee decides my backpack qualifies as a $65 carry-on rather than a personal item. At that point, any savings you might have gotten are out the window.

Comment

I have a King Room, with a 4-star hotel in McKinney for Saturday night. The total with taxes is only $ 72.00

If you or someone you know is interested, I will keep a hold on it until Friday morning and the will have to cancel

Just PM me.
              <>

Comment

Originally posted by Wide_Right View Post
                I have a King Room, with a 4-star hotel in McKinney for Saturday night. The total with taxes is only $ 72.00

If you or someone you know is interested, I will keep a hold on it until Friday morning and the will have to cancel

Just PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by LSC Fan View Post
                  I've never understood why the NCAA insists on the championship being played the following weekend after the semis. Why not wait until after Christmas so it gives fans and parents a chance to book travel plans at more favorable rates and allows schools to get all the semester end stuff out of the way? I could somewhat understand when the game was battling for a TV slot on ESPN or CBS against the bowl games. But the D2 and D3 games have pretty much been relegated to ESPN U and are preempted if Duke's basketball game with the Little College on the Creek goes a few minutes into the D2 time slot as it did on CBS and ESPN, so why the need to continue to position the games for favorable TV slots?
                  I know that they do that for FCS. Doing it for DII and DIII I think would be a good idea.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Enjoy!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X