X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Until he played a good defense...

/bait
    This just in: he is the winner of the Hank Hill award.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Hank_Hill.png
Views:	251
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	469249

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post
      Hey, I like Roland. A great guy. He had the job but started 2016 going 13 for 32 passing against Albany State. After that (until he got hurt) he split time at QB with Adam Robles. I believe Roland was hurt in the 8th game (but might have been the 9th). His numbers were pretty average.

He was out all of 2017 (and Rogan split time with Robles and ended up winning the job outright mid season).

Roland worked hard to come back from his injury.He was repaired and ready to play in 2018. We had a heckova team in place. Would have been a great spot to be in to compete to lead that team to the championship. All he had to do was stay, beat out Rogan Wells and take the reins.

Roland, Robles, Rogan - no way I could have kept all that straight.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

Ruh Ro!

Comment

I know the voting is done before the semi-finalists are seeded but I still somehow think that speculation about who will be in the finals plays apart. I think Gunn or Wells.

Comment

Originally posted by GrifFan View Post

That is a lot of R's.

Should I type slower so you can keep up? J/K

Bottom line: RoGAN beat out RoBLES.

RoLAND tried to beat out RoGAN when he came back from shoulder issue but couldn't, so RoLAND quit and eventually headed to Slippery Rock to play against the lesser defenses of the PSAC. He lit em up.

Meanwhile RoGAN went out and led his team to an undefeated season and a national championship with Ivory Durham (aka HJ) backing him up at QB instead of Roland.Blazers led the nation in scoring. That sorta makes me think Bell knew what he was doing in making Wells his starter. : - )

RoGAN got the RING.

BTW, I sure understand if Roland gets the award. What he's done is pretty awesome. Put up video game numbers against the PSAC defenses.

I do feel strongly that Rogan was the best player in football last year (and think he showed it in the NC).

Last edited by Fan_the_Flame; 12-19-2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Roland's QB coach at VSU told me when Roland was a freshman that he'd win a Harlon Hill some day. I watched him throw and saw his arm strength and thought he was dead on target.

Very well may happen this year (and if so I'll be proud of him for taking advantage of his opportunities).

I understand Roland's your brother, and I understand and respect your unwavering loyalty to him. Whatever triggered him leaving I hated for him to go. Still, it worked out well for all (other than if Roland had stayed at VSU he'd have likely finished his career with a NC ring. As we all know they're pretty hard to come by).

Comment

Originally posted by Fan_the_Flame View Post

Roland's QB coach at VSU told me when Roland was a freshman that he'd win a Harlon Hill some day. I watched him throw and saw his arm strength and thought he was dead on target.

Very well may happen this year (and if so I'll be proud of him for taking advantage of his opportunities).

I understand Roland's your brother, and I understand and respect your unwavering loyalty to him. Whatever triggered him leaving I hated for him to go. Still, it worked out well for all (other than if Roland had stayed at VSU he'd have likely finished his career with a NC ring. As we all know they're pretty hard to come by).
                    Thanks my bad I came off incredibly strong. Thanks for support

Comment

Roland Wins!!!

#BlazerNation

Comment

Comment

Sound like a hater.

Comment

You're not wrong, but Roland's numbers were still otherworldly and he earned this award. It's a stats-oriented and QB-oriented world, and Roland was only going to lose this award if a QB in a different region had stats in the same stratosphere.

Comment

23-30 405 yds 6 tds; 9 rushes 67 yds against Gliac defense (Wayne St. finished 8-3)

Comment

Should have been Nate Gunn.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X