Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• laker
    replied
    Judson College of Alabama, an all women's school, is closing after 183 years.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/...-and-debt-woes

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    https://www.yardbarker.com/mlb/articles/zero_new_mlb_players_test_positive_for_covid_19_ov er_past_week/s1_13132_34846568

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by crixus View Post

I've been waiting for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine. Well, I've finally got an appointment to get it next Friday. I've been avoiding people as much as possible during the pandemic. Just one more week to go and I'll be a member of the vaccination club. I'm glad you're back to normal and feeling better.
    Thanks!

It's a weird feeling - it feels like this whole thing is kinda just "over" now, like I crossed the finish line. Obviously, I still intend to wear a mask and distance - but between being younger, having already had the virus, and now being fully vaccinated, the threat to me personally is all but eliminated.

Sounds like things will be "back to normal" by early July if we can hang on - obviously the threat will still be there, but hopefully we can manage it as an endemic virus moving forward. That's my hope anyway.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The women's world hockey championship has been rescheduled for late August, but the International Ice Hockey Federation has yet to determine a site.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Some nurses in Japan are incensed at a request from Tokyo Olympic organizers to have 500 of them dispatched to help out with the Games amid the coronavirus pandemic.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Italy has announced that its entire team -- which currently numbers 237 athletes, coaches and staff members -- will received the COVID-19 vaccine prior to the upcoming Olympics in Tokyo.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Another Tokyo Games-bound race walker K T Irfan has returned negative after he was tested as a primary contact of Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    The IOC says vaccine developers Pfizer and BioNTech will donate doses to inoculate athletes and officials preparing for the Tokyo Olympics, which start July 23.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    From infrastructure to resources to promotion, the stage is far from even. and COVID-19 has made it even worse.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Alabama Crimson Tide head coach Nick Saban is participating in a new public service announcement encouraging people to get vaccinated against COVID-19.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Bills GM Brandon Beane was reminded by the NFL that a team may not release a player solely due to vaccination status after his comments made during a radio interview earlier this week, a source told ESPN.

Leave a comment:

• crixus
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Yeah, I finished mine on Wednesday. I got sick yesterday - it was kind of bizarre. A slight fatigue in the morning to bad body aches, joint pains, and chills by the afternoon. Then it cleared up mostly by the time I went to bed, and aside from a little arm soreness - I feel completely normal now.

Not sure what is going on in New Hampshire. That tracker had them listed near the top, now they are projected at being 80% vaccinated in 2023 (most states are early 2022 at the latest). It must either be an error, or some combination of supply and demand issues.
    I've been waiting for the Johnson & Johnson one shot vaccine. Well, I've finally got an appointment to get it next Friday. I've been avoiding people as much as possible during the pandemic. Just one more week to go and I'll be a member of the vaccination club. I'm glad you're back to normal and feeling better.

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by zimmy21 View Post

Wow, luckily I am done. My wife will be done in a few weeks. she's the last remnant of my family to be finished.

Interesting data in New Hampshire ~65% with one dose and only ~35% completed?
    Yeah, I finished mine on Wednesday. I got sick yesterday - it was kind of bizarre. A slight fatigue in the morning to bad body aches, joint pains, and chills by the afternoon. Then it cleared up mostly by the time I went to bed, and aside from a little arm soreness - I feel completely normal now.

Not sure what is going on in New Hampshire. That tracker had them listed near the top, now they are projected at being 80% vaccinated in 2023 (most states are early 2022 at the latest). It must either be an error, or some combination of supply and demand issues.

Leave a comment:

• zimmy21
    replied
    Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
    Not news, but I keep up with this vaccine tracker from NPR - in case anyone is interested in that data.

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: How Many People Have Been Vaccinated In The U.S.? : Shots - Health News : NPR

Unfortunately, it looks like we hit our daily peak and have been declining a lot faster than we originally increased - though that was bound to happen eventually.
    Wow, luckily I am done. My wife will be done in a few weeks. she's the last remnant of my family to be finished.

Interesting data in New Hampshire ~65% with one dose and only ~35% completed?

Leave a comment:

• SW_Mustang
    replied
    Not news, but I keep up with this vaccine tracker from NPR - in case anyone is interested in that data.

COVID-19 Vaccine Tracker: How Many People Have Been Vaccinated In The U.S.? : Shots - Health News : NPR

Unfortunately, it looks like we hit our daily peak and have been declining a lot faster than we originally increased - though that was bound to happen eventually.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X