Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by laker View Post
    You won't be required to win a game this season to get invited to a bowl game. NCAA ruled on that today.
    That's bad news for G5 and independents. With limited/no fans in the stands for bowl games I'm pretty sure they'll opt for P5 schools with larger fan bases to drive up television ratings and for those games with limited fans it'll be easier to get P5 fans to purchase tickets than G5 schools which traditionally don't have as many followers.

Comment

So's the Mountain West. First games in mid to late Oct., I believe. Go Pokes!

Comment

You won't be required to win a game this season to get invited to a bowl game. NCAA ruled on that today.
        Vandy, Rutgers, and Kansas are all bowl eligible! When's the last time that happened?

Comment

The MAC is back and due to start on a Wednesday night, which is perfect for MACtion. According to Reddit, only 3 of the 130 FBS schools won't try to play this fall- UConn, New Mexico State and Old Dominion.

Comment

I think they should have just changed it to a certain winning percentage. I get that conferences are playing such a varying number of games and its just an odd season. I mean, a 5-2 PAC12 team should be bowl eligible right? When in other seasons you have to have six wins.

But, a 2-8 SEC team? No.
            Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

Georgetown football player arrested on murder charges in Georgia

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/georg...used-of-murder

Comment

The MAC is back and due to start on a Wednesday night, which is perfect for MACtion. According to Reddit, only 3 of the 130 FBS schools won't try to play this fall- UConn, New Mexico State and Old Dominion.
                Some would argue that UConn and NMSU don't play football in most seasons...

Comment

I've watched thousands of football games in my life and something happened in the Auburn Arkansas game I have never seen before.

Auburn is down 28-27 with the ball about 30 seconds left, ball is on the Arkansas 28, no timeouts clock is ticking. Auburn QB fumbles the snap picks it up and spikes the ball to stop the clock. Some confusion ensues but there is no whistle, ball squirts around then just as an Arkansas player picks up the ball, refs blow whistle, and flag is thrown.

The flag- Intentional grounding! So since the snap was fumbled, I guess that takes away the right of the qb to spike the ball, and Arkansas players were pressuring the qb. So, they announce a 10 second run-off in addition to the grounding. BUT THAT'S NOT THE MOST CONTROVERSIAL PART! When the Auburn QB picked up the ball, he was facing backwards and spiked the ball BACKWARDS... CLEARLY- not even close to a forward spike. So, they do a booth review and the play stands.

Auburn lines up for FG with 10 second runoff and Auburn kicks FG as time runs out.

Arkansas got hosed. That should have been ruled a backward pass.

Comment

I agree. Horrible ending.
                    Go GSC and Roar LIONS!!

Comment

I didn't see the play, but if the pass was backwards, isn't it a free ball? It's not a forward pass. Or is there some rule that's different for intent to spike? Sounds like Arkansas did get jobbed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                        I didn't see the play, but if the pass was backwards, isn't it a free ball? It's not a forward pass. Or is there some rule that's different for intent to spike? Sounds like Arkansas did get jobbed.

Comment

Arkansas got hosed. Although no Arkansas player immediately recovered the ball, it look certain that an Arkansas player was about to get the ball when the late whistle sounded...

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

Arkansas got hosed. Although no Arkansas player immediately recovered the ball, it look certain that an Arkansas player was about to get the ball when the late whistle sounded...
                            Unfortunate but they can't make a call based on what was about to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbonium View Post

Unfortunate but they can't make a call based on what was about to happen.
                              I can't resist.. but they make a call on what DIDN'T happen? LOL

Comment

Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

To me there isn't any doubt that they got screwed. The SEC is just trying to cover their butts. If this happened to Bama you would never hear the end of it.

I never have figured out why spiking the ball isn't intentional grounding. Just another rule to help the offense. Don't use all of your timeouts. Or else have a clock keeper like Illinois had back in 1993 when they scored late to beat the Gophers. QB took a shotgun snap, was pressured, threw incomplete across the middle. One second came off of the clock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X