Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Moving Day 2021

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
    As far as I can find, they haven't announced starting a team and haven't announced hiring a coach but last month Dominican (CA) announced the inaugural signing class for the new Men's and Women's Track & Field Outdoor teams to begin play in 2021-22. Add them to the table above.

    Penguins announce inaugural class for Track and Field

    The Dominican Penguins are also starting another sport in 2022-23 that will likely be a RMAC affiliate. They did announce hiring a coach already for this sport.
    Women’s lacrosse.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by ccmoney8 View Post
      Impressive list, TB! Good to see wrestling growing again... in both genders.
      What has helped here is the NCAA granting Emerging Sport status to Women's Wrestling. And in an ironic twist, all but 1 school I have seen that announced adding wrestling was for both genders unless they already have a men's team.

      Today, I found on the NWCA site a list of former men's collegiate programs. These are the 52 current D2 members on the list.

      Adelphi ()
      Alaska-Anchorage ()
      Augusta ()
      Bemidji State ()
      Bowie State ()
      California State Polytechnic-Pomona ()
      California State-Chico (1991)
      California State-San Bernardino ()
      Carson-Newman (2009)
      Catawba College (1986)
      Central Washington (2005)
      Charleston ()
      Concord ()
      Elizabeth City State (1991)
      Emporia State ()
      Ferris State (1994)
      Florida Tech ()
      Fort Lewis College (1995)
      Frostburg State ()
      Grand Valley State (1993)
      Hillsdale College ()
      Humboldt State (1991)
      Indiana (1986)
      Lake Superior State (1994)
      Lewis ()
      Lincoln (MO) (1981)
      Livingstone College (1990)
      Mansfield (1999)
      Michigan Tech ()
      Minnesota-Duluth (1996)
      Missouri S&T (1986)
      Missouri-St. Louis (1982)
      Northern Michigan (1988)
      Northwest Missouri State (1987)
      Queens College ()
      Saginaw Valley State ()
      Saint Augustine's ()
      Seattle Pacific (1974)
      Shorter (2017)
      Sonoma State ()
      Southern Connecticut State (1998)
      Southwestern Oklahoma State ()
      Tampa ()
      Virginia State (1996)
      Wayne State ()
      Wayne State College (1981)
      West Chester (1987)
      West Virginia State ()
      Western Oregon (1991)
      Western Washington ()
      Wingate ()
      Winona State (1982)

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by laker View Post
        BREAKING: Nebraska's new athletic director is Trev Alberts. He leaves UNO after 12 years. Former #Husker football legend. Jersey retired. Name in the stadium.
        Eliminated football program ay UNO. DOUCHE BAG!

        Comment


        • #19
          The membership committee report is out now. https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...emb_Report.pdf

          In other news, the NCAA website has been redesigned and now has a link to a news archive with stories (and NCAA News issues) from 1964–2013 (https://ncaanewsarchive.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html). Time for me to go and nerd over it.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
            The membership committee report is out now. https://ncaaorg.s3.amazonaws.com/com...emb_Report.pdf

            In other news, the NCAA website has been redesigned and now has a link to a news archive with stories (and NCAA News issues) from 1964–2013 (https://ncaanewsarchive.s3.amazonaws.com/index.html). Time for me to go and nerd over it.
            Looks like NYIT is dropping out of the NCAA altogether. I wonder what the future of athletics there is going to be.

            Comment


            • #21
              It's a waiting game at New York Tech. They suspended sports for at least two years in Aug 2020 so we can start looking for news in Aug 2022. For now it's just a wild guess on their D2 or NCAA status.

              The ECC did remove them from their site. The NCAA Directory does still have them listed.

              https://www.nyit.edu/president/commu...etics_programs

              Comment


              • #22
                Breaking:

                Savannah State Women’s Golf Joins Peach Belt Conference this fall. The team had been Independent.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

                  What has helped here is the NCAA granting Emerging Sport status to Women's Wrestling. And in an ironic twist, all but 1 school I have seen that announced adding wrestling was for both genders unless they already have a men's team.

                  Today, I found on the NWCA site a list of former men's collegiate programs. These are the 52 current D2 members on the list.

                  Adelphi ()
                  Alaska-Anchorage ()
                  Augusta ()
                  Bemidji State ()
                  Bowie State ()
                  California State Polytechnic-Pomona ()
                  California State-Chico (1991)
                  California State-San Bernardino ()
                  Carson-Newman (2009)
                  Catawba College (1986)
                  Central Washington (2005)
                  Charleston ()
                  Concord ()
                  Elizabeth City State (1991)
                  Emporia State ()
                  Ferris State (1994)
                  Florida Tech ()
                  Fort Lewis College (1995)
                  Frostburg State ()
                  Grand Valley State (1993)
                  Hillsdale College ()
                  Humboldt State (1991)
                  Indiana (1986)
                  Lake Superior State (1994)
                  Lewis ()
                  Lincoln (MO) (1981)
                  Livingstone College (1990)
                  Mansfield (1999)
                  Michigan Tech ()
                  Minnesota-Duluth (1996)
                  Missouri S&T (1986)
                  Missouri-St. Louis (1982)
                  Northern Michigan (1988)
                  Northwest Missouri State (1987)
                  Queens College ()
                  Saginaw Valley State ()
                  Saint Augustine's ()
                  Seattle Pacific (1974)
                  Shorter (2017)
                  Sonoma State ()
                  Southern Connecticut State (1998)
                  Southwestern Oklahoma State ()
                  Tampa ()
                  Virginia State (1996)
                  Wayne State ()
                  Wayne State College (1981)
                  West Chester (1987)
                  West Virginia State ()
                  Western Oregon (1991)
                  Western Washington ()
                  Wingate ()
                  Winona State (1982)
                  I know Black Hills State once had a program. It's been probably 30 years, and they were in NAIA then.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Texas and Oklahoma have been accepted officially by the SEC. Moving day is set for 2025. I don't expect them to wait that long.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      It looks like the South Atlantic Conference Carolinas partnership for Field Hockey and Men's Wrestling is close to reaching it's goal.

                      The SAC will have 6 wrestling teams in 2022 when Emory & Henry College joins. The CC has 6 wrestling teams currently, including affiliate member Lander.

                      Wingate has now posted a job opening for a head field hockey coach, they will be the 6th SAC team. An announcement on the new team has not been made; it will likely be done when they announce the hiring of the coach and potentially begin play in 2022 or 2023. The CC still has 3 field hockey teams so hope to see more CC schools add a team soon.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        More new logos.

                        Click image for larger version

Name:	newlogos-1.png
Views:	247
Size:	31.0 KB
ID:	590192



                        Pittsburgh-Johnstown: adjusting their logo and colors to match the parent school.

                        Wingate: just some tweaks to the look of the Bulldog and they have lightened the tan color. But there is more going on with the school.
                        Someone with Wake Forest University discovered Wingate's namesake, Dr. Washington Manly Wingate who was former president of Wake Forest, was once a slave-owner. So Wingate University is discussing a possible name change.


                        Message from Wingate University President Rhett Brown

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          So.......are they also going to change the name on the town?

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Eagle74 View Post
                            So.......are they also going to change the name on the town?
                            I was wondering how Wake Forest was going to change the name of their former president, 140+ years after his death.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Now we have something worse that the Guardians.

                              Valpo is now the Beacons. What ever happened to BCON who used to be on here- the guy who said that he wouldn't get hurt during a war because he could dodge bullets.

                              ValpoAthletics.com - Valparaiso University Unveils New Nickname

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by laker View Post
                                Now we have something worse that the Guardians.

                                Valpo is now the Beacons. What ever happened to BCON who used to be on here- the guy who said that he wouldn't get hurt during a war because he could dodge bullets.

                                ValpoAthletics.com - Valparaiso University Unveils New Nickname
                                They will actually be the second Beacons in NCAA. D3 Massachusetts-Boston is the other Beacons and they have a Lighthouse in their athletic logo.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X