Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of Humboldt State University - well, the name anyway:

In less than 24 hours Humboldt State University will be no more - KIEM-TV | Redwood News

Comment

UIC will join the Missouri Valley

Comment

Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post
        The end of Humboldt State University - well, the name anyway:

In less than 24 hours Humboldt State University will be no more - KIEM-TV | Redwood News
        I was wondering if someone was ticked off at Alexander Von Humboldt for some reason. Seems like a good name change.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I was wondering if someone was ticked off at Alexander Von Humboldt for some reason. Seems like a good name change.
          I don't know much about him, but his Wiki article made him seem like a neat guy. Evidence that he was anti-slavery, even back then.

Anyway, I kinda liked the name "HSU" - it separated it from the rest of Cal State, since they were seemingly in their own little world up there. I get the need to change it though. Hopefully it works for them. Pretty good school, from what I know.

Comment

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/...ove-division-i

Southern Indiana voted unanimously on Monday for a move to Division I. The school will explore possibilities of membership in either the Ohio Valley Conference, Horizon League or Atlantic Sun. An announcement on conference affiliation is expected in the coming days.

Southern Indiana has won four team national championships at the Division II level, along with 10 individual national championships. The school is adding swimming and diving next fall to bring the number of varsity sports up to 19.

Comment

Effective today; February 18, 2022; D'Youville College is now D'Youville University.

Video of announcement in the link.

Comment

The Ohio Valley Conference and Big South Conference are basically merging for football beginning in 2023

Comment

D2 Lindenwood to Ohio Valley Conference.

Comment

Found out that Lindenwood is the second oldest college west of the Mississippi (St Louis U is the oldest). Also that the U of Utah is the oldest public university west of the Mississippi.

Comment

Originally posted by wscsuperfan View Post
                      The Ohio Valley Conference and Big South Conference are basically merging for football beginning in 2023

For those of you scoring at home:

OVC Football: Eastern Illinois, Lindenwood, Murray State (2022 only before moving to MVC), Southeast Missouri State, Tennessee State, Tennessee Tech, UTenn-Martin
                      Big South Football: Campbell, Charleston Southern, Gardner-Webb, North Carolina A&T (2022 only before moving their football program to the CAA), Robert Morris (affiliate; Horizon League in other sports) - Hampton (CAA) is leaving the Big South after this season

This sounded like a desperation move from both leagues, considering defections to FBS and/or other FCS conferences. I'm sure that was a factor in the OVC's courting of Lindenwood.

Side note: If you had told me five years ago that two HBCU mainstays of the MEAC (Hampton and NC A&T) would've become part of the CAA, I probably would've shook my head, but here we are.
                      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

D2 Day saw another celebration. Glenville State College became Glenville State University.

On Tuesday, February 22, Glenville State College students, staff, and faculty gathered at the West Virginia State Capitol for Glenville State Day at the Legislature. By the time they departed the statehouse, the school had a new designation: Glenville State University.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
                          D2 Day saw another celebration. Glenville State College became Glenville State University.
                          I believe that just leaves Bluefield State?

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I believe that just leaves Bluefield State?
                            Yes it does. One of the articles I read stated that fact.

The West Virginia legislature also revoked the Ohio Valley University charter causing their closure and granted 1 or 2 graduate degree programs at Bluefield State so BSC might soon be Bluefield State University. The Bluefield across the border became a University in 2021 or 2020.

Comment

The new look RMAC.

Comment

Has anyone heard where South Carolina-Beaufort stands on getting basketball started? The only news I can find is when they announced their D2 move 11 months ago. The D2 Membership Committee has yet to post the report of the February 8 meeting so don't know who officially submitted applications (if any surprises).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X