Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
    I just found out the hosting fee procedure might have changed.

Nonetheless, the concept that expenses are more important than potential revenue is still correct.
    What do you think about my points on the games?

Comment

I posted this in the GLIAC forum.

I used Massey to project the results of this weekend's games. I then used that information to compile records, estimate OWP when applicable, and calculate the Performance Indicator, etc.

This is my projection of SR3.
      x
      Current In-Region Division II OWP v. .500+ PI v. Ranked
      1. Ferris State 9-0 (1.00) 9-0 (1.00) .546 4-0 (1.00) 28.889 2-0 (1.00)
      2. Harding 9-1 (.900) 9-1 (.900) .509 4-1 (.800) 27.900 2-1 (.667)
      3. Grand Valley 6-1 (.857) 7-1 (.875) .565 4-1 (.800) 28.000 0-1 (.000)
      4. Northwest 8-1 (.889) 8-1 (.889) .531 2-1 (.667) 28.444 1-1 (.500)
      Next
      1. Ferris State 10-0 (1.00) 10-0 (1.00) .530 4-0 (1.00) 28.900 2-0 (1.00)
      2. Northwest 9-1 (.900) 9-1 (.900) .533 5-1 (.833) 27.800 2-1 (.667)
      3. Harding 10-1 (.909) 10-1 (.909) .500 4-1 (.800) 26.909 2-1 (.000)
      4. Grand Valley 7-1 (.875) 8-1 (.889) .545 4-1 (.800) 27.111 1-1 (.500)
      x
      x

x
      v. 500+ v. Ranked
      Ferris State 1.530 1.530 * W MTU
      * W GVSU
      * W SVSU
      * W UF
      (5)
      (7)
      (7)
      (7)
      * W GVSU
      * W UF
      (#3)
      (#10-1)
      Harding 1.409 1.409 * W HSU
      * W OKBU
      * W OBU
      * L SEOSU
      * W ECU
      (9)
      (6)
      (8)
      (8)
      (6)
      * W HSU
      (l) L SEOSU
      (l) W OBU
      (#6)
      (#8)
      (#10)
      Grand Valley 1.420 1.434 * W MTU
      * L FSU
      * W SVSU
      * W W MTU
      * W CSUP
      (5)
      (9)
      (7)
      (5)
      (6)
      * L FSU
      (+l) W MTU
      (+l) W MTU
      (+) W SVSU
      (#1)
      (NR)
      (NR)
      (NR)
      Northwest 1.433 1.433 * W UNK
      * L WU
      * W PSU
      + W ESU
      (+) W MWSU
      (+) W FHSU
      (7)
      (8)
      (7)
      (6)
      (6)
      (6)
      (l) W UNK
      (l) L WU
      (+) W PSU
      (#7)
      (#9)
      (NR)

x

Comment

You are not the first person to come up with that type of conspiracy. Here is how things actually work.

Each team has to guarantee a certain amount to host each round. For instance, it might be $20,000 for the first round, $25,000 for the second round, $30,000 for the third round, etc. When I get the exact amounts I'll edit this post.

When it comes to ticket sales, the school gets all the money until the fee is recouped. After that happens, the schools and the NCAA split the money 50/50.

The last time GVSU hosted a playoff game, the attendance was 2,895. At $20 per ticket, that would total $57,900. Subtract the $20,000 hosting fee, and that would leave $37,900. Divide that in half, and the NCAA would have made $18,950 (if all the numbers are correct). The charter was an estimated $100,000.

That is just to illustrate that costs are way more important to the NCAA than potential revenue at this level.
        Wasn't the last time GV hosted a playoff game during an ice storm on Thanksgiving weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by IronOre View Post

Wasn't the last time GV hosted a playoff game during an ice storm on Thanksgiving weekend?
          They hosted a 1st round game in 2018, and as a Ferris fan I'm obligated to say they allowed 3 TDs in the last 16 minutes of the game and lost 42-17.

Comment

What are the odds that Findlay makes it in on EA in SR1 with a win over Tiffin?

Comment

Originally posted by SuperOily View Post
              What are the odds that Findlay makes it in on EA in SR1 with a win over Tiffin?
              Close to 100%.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Close to 100%.
                I just hope your prediction of CWU making the playoffs with a win is right. No EA option ever for the GNAC ever as the rules seemed to change whenever the GNAC met the criteria for EA, which may be why so many teams left for the RMAC.

Comment

If the top 4 in SR3 win today is there any chance NW could squeak into the 3 seed? Maybe the NCAA will put GVSU at 4th to make a shorter trip to FSU if GVSU wins round 1.

Comment

Originally posted by NWFanatic View Post
                    If the top 4 in SR3 win today is there any chance NW could squeak into the 3 seed? Maybe the NCAA will put GVSU at 4th to make a shorter trip to FSU if GVSU wins round 1.
                    1-4 are not switched for travel purposes. NW could be #2. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

1-4 are not switched for travel purposes. NW could be #2. It's not out of the realm of possibility.
                      I could see NW to 2, but with the "key players" winning, people not super familiar with the details will be scratching their heads a bit. The dangers of showing RRs every week.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

I could see NW to 2, but with the "key players" winning, people not super familiar with the details will be scratching their heads a bit. The dangers of showing RRs every week.
                        Right. I talked about that on the radio today. Too many focus on their team and the committee "dropping us" or "moving us," when it's simply a reflection of the data to that point in the season. Today, we added 10% new data. It changes things.

Now, if people want to complain about the methodology or criteria, they can get in line behind us, right?

Comment

Right. I talked about that on the radio today. Too many focus on their team and the committee "dropping us" or "moving us," when it's simply a reflection of the data to that point in the season. Today, we added 10% new data. It changes things.

Now, if people want to complain about the methodology or criteria, they can get in line behind us, right?
                          Indeed... Now that's one horse I'll never stop beating.. dead or otherwise! And still, there will be some long discussions tomorrow.

Comment

Comment

Silo anyone? LOL

Comment

generation speculation among us as to who's going to be in so that we tune in when they do announce the brackets??

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X