Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LR > Mars Hill > Newberry > LR.

Comment

You don't know travesty until you miss the postseason via earned access by a team with 3 losses and you have 1

And yes, I'm still bitter lol

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

You don't know travesty until you miss the postseason via earned access by a team with 3 losses and you have 1

And yes, I'm still bitter lol
        That may happen to Cal this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

That may happen to Cal this season.
          It's almost guaranteed to happen by the way it looks now if all the teams that should win, do win. If Kutztown loses to Rock could they fall all the way out to the 7 spot and be the EA victim?

Comment

I'm just glad EA won't involve the SIAC or CIAA. Tired of that narrative. Both conferences played their way into their current regional position, nothing was given.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

There was a lot of speculation on our show that Valdosta would remain #1 even with a loss.
              Yes, I read and heard the "speculations". We will just have to see what transpires after the smoke clears this weekend! I think Valdosta is probably the best team in the country right now, but losing in week 11, should have an impact of some sort. If Alabama or any other dominant/ undefeated FBS team lost this late in the season( speaking hypothetically, I know Alabama has already lost a game), they would definitely still make the playoffs, but their seeding would be impacted. One thing for sure, this will be a must see weekend off DII football, and I love it. Good luck to all teams who still have something to play for. #GoldPride

Comment

I read it differently. Right now, Harding's OWP is higher than where it will be when the season ends. That is the main factor keeping them at #2.

Comment

You could be right. It's all speculation on our part.

Comment

You could be right. It's all speculation on our part.

Comment

Man, I so hope that you're correct, but I don't know how. Of course, I don't know why GV is above NW now, so I'm still hopeful that the stars align the Laker's way. Go Lakers.

Comment

Why do you think that?

Who do you thin will win in the Henderson/Ouachita game?

You think SE will beat ECU, right?

Comment

Why do you think that?

Who do you thin will win in the Henderson/Ouachita game?

You think SE will beat ECU, right?

Comment

You are not the first person to come up with that type of conspiracy. Here is how things actually work.

Each team has to guarantee a certain amount to host each round. For instance, it might be $20,000 for the first round, $25,000 for the second round, $30,000 for the third round, etc. When I get the exact amounts I'll edit this post.

When it comes to ticket sales, the school gets all the money until the fee is recouped. After that happens, the schools and the NCAA split the money 50/50.

The last time GVSU hosted a playoff game, the attendance was 2,895. At $20 per ticket, that would total $57,900. Subtract the $20,000 hosting fee, and that would leave $37,900. Divide that in half, and the NCAA would have made $18,950 (if all the numbers are correct). The charter was an estimated $100,000.

That is just to illustrate that costs are way more important to the NCAA than potential revenue at this level.

Comment

I just found out the hosting fee procedure might have changed.

Nonetheless, the concept that expenses are more important than potential revenue is still correct.

Comment

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X