Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read it differently. Right now, Harding's OWP is higher than where it will be when the season ends. That is the main factor keeping them at #2.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I read it differently. Right now, Harding's OWP is higher than where it will be when the season ends. That is the main factor keeping them at #2.
      Looking in that same region. What are the chances SEOSU passes Nebraska Kearny for the 7 spot. Would would need to happen?

Comment

Originally posted by OBU-BisonFan View Post

Looking in that same region. What are the chances SEOSU passes Nebraska Kearny for the 7 spot. Would would need to happen?
        I'll have to look at this when I get home.

Comment

I don't think there's a great chance....All the GAC and MIAA teams (not named NW) will have an SOS of .500....and both squads would have a 9-2 record. Kearney is 3-1 against better opponents while SE is 2-2. So that measure would need to change in their favor, I think. SE having 2 wins against ranked opps is helping them be ahead of Washburn when personally I wouldn't have them ahead at this moment....given the numbers at this moment. There's a real chance for a 4-5 team jam with MIAA/GAC teams that all have the same SOS (silo) at .500....and then the committee is gonna have to use the other columns to the right of the worksheet to determine who's in. I'm kinda expecting this also.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post

I don't think there's a great chance....All the GAC and MIAA teams (not named NW) will have an SOS of .500....and both squads would have a 9-2 record. Kearney is 3-1 against better opponents while SE is 2-2. So that measure would need to change in their favor, I think. SE having 2 wins against ranked opps is helping them be ahead of Washburn when personally I wouldn't have them ahead at this moment....given the numbers at this moment. There's a real chance for a 4-5 team jam with MIAA/GAC teams that all have the same SOS (silo) at .500....and then the committee is gonna have to use the other columns to the right of the worksheet to determine who's in. I'm kinda expecting this also.
            I think the nod has to go to SE
            Assuming SE beats ECU this weekend. And Fort Hays loses to Pitt State.

SE would be 3-2 vs winning opponents and Kearny 3-1.
            SE losses came vs winning record teams. Kearny vs a team with a losing record.
            Also two of SE wins are teams in the top 7 of the region. Kearny one against Washburn at 9.

Just my opinion.

Comment

I think the nod has to go to SE
              Assuming SE beats ECU this weekend. And Fort Hays loses to Pitt State.

SE would be 3-2 vs winning opponents and Kearny 3-1.
              SE losses came vs winning record teams. Kearny vs a team with a losing record.
              Also two of SE wins are teams in the top 7 of the region. Kearny one against Washburn at 9.

Just my opinion.
              Given the criteria, losing to a bad team almost helps ya....because otherwise UNK would be 3-2 in that measure, which makes them look worse. Crazy, I know.

Wins against regionally ranked teams, yes, that helps. What the games vs winning record teams looks like is kinda wait and see weekly....but SE certainly does have a shot. I have a feeling we might see a bunch of tie breakers with GAC and MIAA teams who've played also.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post
                I believe that UWF would move ahead of ASU with a win.
                So what would be the most chaotic scenario for SR2 going into playoff selection on Sunday? What combination of losses within the top 10 RR would make the committee members rip their own hair out? lol

Comment

Originally posted by 4_tattoos View Post

So what would be the most chaotic scenario for SR2 going into playoff selection on Sunday? What combination of losses within the top 10 RR would make the committee members rip their own hair out? lol
                  I'm sure it would involve FSU beating Bowie.

Comment

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

I'm sure it would involve FSU beating Bowie.
                    Fayetteville over Bowie, West Florida over Valdosta, UWG, MHU, Newberry, Savannah St. and L-R all finishing with 2 losses. I didn't even mention Albany.

IF those combo's happened, I think you're looking at some combination of
                    Valdosta, West Florida, West Georgia, Albany State, Bowie, Fayetteville and one SAC member who's name I shall not mention because I don't want our L-R friends to hate me.

Comment

Originally posted by BSURover31 View Post
                      Two of the more interesting matchups will be in the GSC and CIAA. If Bowie does what it's supposed to do and 3peats as the CIAA champs and Valdosta doesn't beat the defending champs, Bowie could end up with the 1st rd bye. If FSU got the upset, they would likely jump up to top 7 in SR II. A lot of football to be played. This last week will definitely be must seee TV or steaming lol.
                      There was a lot of speculation on our show that Valdosta would remain #1 even with a loss.

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Fayetteville over Bowie, West Florida over Valdosta, UWG, MHU, Newberry, Savannah St. and L-R all finishing with 2 losses. I didn't even mention Albany.

IF those combo's happened, I think you're looking at some combination of
                        Valdosta, West Florida, West Georgia, Albany State, Bowie, Fayetteville and one SAC member who's name I shall not mention because I don't want our L-R friends to hate me.
                        While L-R friends may hate you, it won't be realistic, much like the belief they have in their football team.

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

While L-R friends may hate you, it won't be realistic, much like the belief they have in their football team.
                          Got em

Comment

I have always said that anytime you lose two games your playoff hopes become pretty sketchy. If L-R didn't want to sweat it out, they shouldn't have lost to Wise. Of course, you have Cal on the hot seat with 1 loss in SR1. That region would be even more chaotic if Frostburg was eligible for the playoffs.

Comment

Comment

If you just base it on head to head, Wise is clearly better than L-R.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X