Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reseeding?

Now that we're 3/4 of the way to having the final 4, how does the NCAA reseed the semis? By record alone, or do they use a more complex formula (like the one used to seed the playoff field in the first place)? What team is Shepherd most likely to play?

Same formula but with all the foregoing games included. Shepherd will most likely play at Ferris.

Comment

Assuming that Mines holds on to win, I would think Sheperd would have to go to Ferris in the final four. Ferris was the number 1 team in every poll at the end of the regular season and would more than likely be the #1 seed of the remaining teams. With 3 of the #1 seeds advancing, Shepherd would be considered the new 4th seed by default.

So Shepherd at Ferris State in one semifinal, Valdosta vs Mines in the other.

Comment

It's a close call for the #1 spot between Ferris State and Valdosta State, but I think Valdosta has the edge. Shepherd will be the #3 and Colorado Mines the #4.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick - Shep '05 View Post
          Now that we're 3/4 of the way to having the final 4, how does the NCAA reseed the semis? By record alone, or do they use a more complex formula (like the one used to seed the playoff field in the first place)? What team is Shepherd most likely to play?
          Stupid old man stuff, please avert your eyes !!
          Last edited by CALUPA69; 12-04-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Purely a guess but given that all #1 seeds are in they'll fall back on SOS and peek at the rankings and of course travel expenditures. I don't have the SOS ratings but the longest trip would be CSM to/from KUTZ at 1705 miles... unlikely. The shortest trip is FSU to/from KUTZ at 732 miles... likely. Next closest is KUTZ to/from VSU at 916 miles...also likely. In between we have FSU to/from VSU at 1071 miles... possible. Finally FSU to/from CSM....also possible. My crazy, unbiased, unscientific guess is CSM @ VSU and KUTZ @ FSU.
            Didn't Shepherd win? I swear I saw them throw a TD with no time on the clock

Comment

Originally posted by Mk63NuclearBomb View Post

I'm an idiot...pay no attention !!!

Comment

Yes

Comment

They did.

Comment

I think everybody knows it will be Valdosta vs Shepherd and Ferris vs Mines.

Comment

My group is thinking Mines at Valdosta and Shepherd at Ferris.

Comment

When do they announce it?

Comment

When will the official seeding be announced?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post
                            My group is thinking Mines at Valdosta and Shepherd at Ferris.
                            Seems pretty easy to me. Sheperd is the only non #1 seed to make it and Ferris is the overall #1 seed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallst View Post

Seems pretty easy to me. Sheperd is the only non #1 seed to make it and Ferris is the overall #1 seed.
                              Uh, how do you know that? No overall was ever determined and the metric has changed since end of regular season. Shep is likely on the road, but it's not due to their seed in the region.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X