Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Schools for D2???

With A&M-Commerce, Southern Indiana, Queens, University of Sciences most likely merging with St. Joseph's, Augustana (SD) (if they can pair with a conference), with D2 already adding Thomas More and South Carolina-Beaufort from the NAIA, what other schools will want to jump to D1 still? The harder question is from where and who does D2 pull new schools from?

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
    With A&M-Commerce, Southern Indiana, Queens, University of Sciences most likely merging with St. Joseph's, Augustana (SD) (if they can pair with a conference), with D2 already adding Thomas More and South Carolina-Beaufort from the NAIA, what other schools will want to jump to D1 still? The harder question is from where and who does D2 pull new schools from?
    I thought that was a done deal with SJ absorbing the U of S sports teams?

With all of this uncertainty with Covid- and it seems like a lot of places have suffered from attendance declines- not just at games but also enrollement- opportunity may not be as appealing as it was before.

Comment

I was taking the Sciences news from a site that is still showing pending. I am also expected that besides A&M-Commerce, Southern Indiana, Queens (NC), Augustana (SD) there will be other schools we have not publicly heard about as of now.

Comment

Link to the "Bridgeport to CACC" thread for statement from Sciences.

https://www.d2football.com/forum/for...acc#post642275

---------

This is from the release about Voorhees College doing a D2 study that states 6 other schools including Thomas More (but not South Carolina-Beaufort) used this firm for a D2 study last year.

Dec. 16, 2021
        Collegiate Consulting has assisted six institutions in 2021 as they consider a reclassification from NAIA or NCAA Division III to NCAA Division II. Most recently, Collegiate Consulting partner Thomas More University was offered a provisional membership into the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC) beginning in the 2022-23 athletic year.
        http://www.collegiateconsulting.com/...sibility-study

Comment

Funny you mentioned Collegiate Consulting. On the main NAIA board at victorysportsnetwork.com, posters were just saying how much Collegiate Consulting is corrupt and garbage, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post
            Funny you mentioned Collegiate Consulting. On the main NAIA board at victorysportsnetwork.com, posters were just saying how much Collegiate Consulting is corrupt and garbage, etc.
            I wonder how much of the complaining is legitimate and how much of that is sour grapes...
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

I wonder how much of the complaining is legitimate and how much of that is sour grapes...
              Guess it depends on your point of view. If you are an NCAA fan, they probably seem great...If you root for the NAIA, pretty much straight up garbage!

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Guess it depends on your point of view. If you are an NCAA fan, they probably seem great...If you root for the NAIA, pretty much straight up garbage!
                That's exactly what I was thinking... That company in question does seem to favor getting schools into the NCAA, if I'm reading this correctly...
                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

That's exactly what I was thinking... That company in question does seem to favor getting schools into the NCAA, if I'm reading this correctly...
                  Transition into NCAA is more difficult due to higher burdens on the candidate athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by RedFromMI View Post

Transition into NCAA is more difficult due to higher burdens on the candidate athletic department.
                    The three new LSC teams all were NAIA in the 90's along with WWU. One came to the NCAA after moving to the CIS, but I have to wonder if the transition was easier then as CWU was a #1 seed in football right after the transition (lost to UC Davis) and WWU has a basketball title.

I know before the move to the LSC for football, GNAC fans were talking of which NAIA teams like Carrol College could make the move.

Comment

Virginia has a bunch of potential new members who are currently D3. Emory and Henry broke the seal and is moving from D3 to D2. I have a feeling some of the other Old Dominion Conference members will be watching closely to see how this move goes and may be following shortly.

Christopher Newport is another D3 school in VA that I'm shocked hasn't started to make the move yet, especially after Frostburg moved up.

Comment

Completely speculating, but Shenandoah probably has a good shot at going up as well. They now have over 4,000 students and very decent facilities at the D3 level.

Comment

Originally posted by BEARS View Post
                          Completely speculating, but Shenandoah probably has a good shot at going up as well. They now have over 4,000 students and very decent facilities at the D3 level.
                          Agree about Shenandoah. Washington and Lee is another ODAC school I could see making the jump soon. They have more than enough money to afford playing in D2.

Comment

Originally posted by LegalRam View Post

Agree about Shenandoah. Washington and Lee is another ODAC school I could see making the jump soon. They have more than enough money to afford playing in D2.
                            My impression is that W&L is in Division III for "deemphasis" rather than an inability to be in a higher division.

Comment

What are the requirements for a school to join at the D2 level? Is there a vote or anything from the members/conference or is it just a money deal? I would love to see more D2 programs pop up in areas that there isn't many of, my first thought would be Florida. I was looking at a map of all the D2 schools across the nation yesterday & for all the great talent that comes from that state I'm sure that there could be some really competitive teams from that state if they could start up a D2 program.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X