Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Footballislife View Post
    What are the requirements for a school to join at the D2 level? Is there a vote or anything from the members/conference or is it just a money deal? I would love to see more D2 programs pop up in areas that there isn't many of, my first thought would be Florida. I was looking at a map of all the D2 schools across the nation yesterday & for all the great talent that comes from that state I'm sure that there could be some really competitive teams from that state if they could start up a D2 program.
    A conference invitation is required.

Comment

Ya, Here are a few that I would consider good candidates for entrance into D2:

Madonna, Lawrence Tech, Concordia-Ann Arbor, or Siena Heights to the GLIAC (basically they are desperate for any school they could get in or near Michigan)
      BYU-Idaho to the GNAC/RMAC (not saying I think it will happen, but they essentially already have the money and facilities if they wanted to pull the trigger)

Comment

What are the requirements for a school to join at the D2 level? Is there a vote or anything from the members/conference or is it just a money deal? I would love to see more D2 programs pop up in areas that there isn't many of, my first thought would be Florida. I was looking at a map of all the D2 schools across the nation yesterday & for all the great talent that comes from that state I'm sure that there could be some really competitive teams from that state if they could start up a D2 program.
        https://www.ncaa.org/sports/2013/11/...stitution.aspx

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post
          Ya, Here are a few that I would consider good candidates for entrance into D2:

Madonna, Lawrence Tech, Concordia-Ann Arbor, or Siena Heights to the GLIAC (basically they are desperate for any school they could get in or near Michigan)
          BYU-Idaho to the GNAC/RMAC (not saying I think it will happen, but they essentially already have the money and facilities if they wanted to pull the trigger)
          Where does BYU-Idaho currently compete?

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

If their Wikipedia page is to be believed, nowhere. They terminated athletics when they became a four year college.

Comment

Not a money deal. A school would first have to go through the NCAA Certification process. Over the years, some schools have wanted to move up but couldn't or the process was slowed because they couldn't meet the NCAA requirements (athletics and academics). This can't be a Bishop Murray situation where you just say "hey, we're D2, have a team and come play us." And, Florida wise, Florida Tech tried and already dropped football.

Comment

Originally posted by realignmentreport1 View Post

They scuttled varsity sports when they became a 4 year school. However, they are sold academically, have a well funded parent school/organization (BYU/LDS Church aka Mormons) that could easily provide the funds needed, and they have rather extensive intramural sports facilities that could easily be updated to use at the DII level. They probably never will, but if they wanted, it would be a very easy transition in comparison to most.

Comment

Originally posted by Uindy18 View Post

They scuttled varsity sports when they became a 4 year school. However, they are sold academically, have a well funded parent school/organization (BYU/LDS Church aka Mormons) that could easily provide the funds needed, and they have rather extensive intramural sports facilities that could easily be updated to use at the DII level. They probably never will, but if they wanted, it would be a very easy transition in comparison to most.
                  Slim chance intercollegiate sports return to BYU-Idaho after BYU shut down sports that had success at BYU-Hawai'i just back in 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Slim chance intercollegiate sports return to BYU-Idaho after BYU shut down sports that had success at BYU-Hawai'i just back in 2017.
                    Ya, you are probably right. Byu-hawaii was good at certain sports too. I would love for byu- idaho to add sports though. Great fit for the gnac.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X