Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Roosevelt and Sul Ross State do.
    I saw Roosevelt win big up at NAIA Mayville in football last season. They should be ready to go.

Comment

Originally posted by laker View Post

I saw Roosevelt win big up at NAIA Mayville in football last season. They should be ready to go.
      Beating the last-place team from the worst NAIA conference isn't that much of an accomplishment.

Comment

I was hoping some of the West coast schools would have football.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post

I was hoping some of the West coast schools would have football.
          Menlo used to...D3 from 1986 to 2009 and NAIA from 2010 to 2014.

Comment

Iowa Wesleyan NAIA member of North Star Athletic Association will close it's doors at the end of the academic year.

https://www.kcrg.com/2023/03/28/iowa...academic-year/

Comment

In 2024, Sul Ross enters the LSC for all sports, including football. In response, the LSC has given Simon Fraser notice that they will no longer be an LSC member for football after the 2023 season.

Comment

I don't know if it was posted before, but George Washington is dropping the name Colonials for reasons best discussed in a political thread, not here. Listed are the final four possibilities.

1. Ambassadors, 2. Blue Fog, 3. Revolutionaries and 4. Sentinels.

1. Sounds like a brand of expensive and tasty hotdogs.
                2. I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me as unique. Now the Velvet Fog- that was Mel Torme
                3. Too long. If you shorten it to Revs it sounds like a preacher. They would probably use Che Guevarra as a mascot.
                4. Sentinels. I held office as the Sentinels (and later the VP) in FFA. Don't shorten it to the Sents (confused with Scents & Cents)

Comment

I don't know if it was posted before, but George Washington is dropping the name Colonials for reasons best discussed in a political thread, not here. Listed are the final four possibilities.

1. Ambassadors, 2. Blue Fog, 3. Revolutionaries and 4. Sentinels.

1. Sounds like a brand of expensive and tasty hotdogs.
                  2. I didn't like it at first but it is growing on me as unique. Now the Velvet Fog- that was Mel Torme
                  3. Too long. If you shorten it to Revs it sounds like a preacher. They would probably use Che Guevarra as a mascot.
                  4. Sentinels. I held office as the Sentinels (and later the VP) in FFA. Don't shorten it to the Sents (confused with Scents & Cents)
                  The more I think about it, I'm agreeing with you on #2. Blue Fog actually fits perfectly since the campus is literally located in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of DC.
                  Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

The more I think about it, I'm agreeing with you on #2. Blue Fog actually fits perfectly since the campus is literally located in the Foggy Bottom neighborhood of DC.
                    This would be a great basketball team- The Foggy Mountain Boys 5. Grand Ole Opry Show - The Foggy Mountain Boys 5 - YouTube

Comment

NAIA Cardinal Stritch to close. Cardinal Stritch University closing at the end of this semester (yahoo.com)

Comment

Not moving conferences, but the Big Five in Philadelphia is another victim of the new math by adding Drexel but retaining the name.
                        The Big 5 Officially Welcomes Drexel University and Reveals Details of New Series Format - Drexel University Athletics (drexeldragons.com)

Comment

D3 Dubuque plans to add both men's and women's hockey for the 2023-24 school year.
                          University of Dubuque starting men's, women's NCAA D-III hockey programs for 2023-24 season, anticipates transfers from Finlandia for both teams - College Hockey | USCHO.com

Comment

Will this be the first college hockey in Iowa?

Comment

Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post

Will this be the first college hockey in Iowa?
                              At the varsity level for D1-D2-D3, yes. Quite an idea to take Finlandia players for both men and women. Surprised that they are starting this next year and will be in a conference. Also surprised that this news came out on a Saturday, much like the announcement of a new women's basketball coach at Augustana. Most of those announcements get better press during the week.

Comment

Not moving conferences, but the Big Five in Philadelphia is another victim of the new math by adding Drexel but retaining the name.
                                The Big 5 Officially Welcomes Drexel University and Reveals Details of New Series Format - Drexel University Athletics (drexeldragons.com)
                                The Big Five was never really a conference, per se, but rather a marketing brand for Philly's five major men's college basketball programs - LaSalle, Penn, St. Joseph's, Temple and Villanova - when founded in 1955. Up until the dominance of Villanova at the expense of the other four city schools, these rivalries were taken very seriously. Picture UNC-Duke 10-fold and that was the Big Five in it's heyday.
                                Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X