Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post

wouldnt that allow other schools to step up and take over
    No. And even if so, what’s the point? You’d have the same players, same quality of play, same everything…except they’d just have on different jerseys from the ‘new’ D2 schools. Mississippi College wouldn’t turn into a juggernaut due to the other GSC teams leaving.

Comment

Originally posted by Nevadaman23 View Post

Newman is fine where there at smh
      Combined fall sports record of 10-41-2 with basketball teams and wrestling expected, as always, to finish last, second to last. Newman is a joke and will always be a joke. It is nice to have a tin can to kick around though

Comment

Originally posted by Try II View Post

Combined fall sports record of 10-41-2 with basketball teams and wrestling expected, as always, to finish last, second to last. Newman is a joke and will always be a joke. It is nice to have a tin can to kick around though
        He also wants D3s and weak NAIAs to move up

Comment

Originally posted by canadarican View Post

Idk. That's a good question. None of the USA south schools are appealing to me and Brevard has already shown they arent cut out for D2 football. But you never know. People I know from E&H are still kinda surprised they moved up.

And as far as Conference Carolinas, idk. I'll believe it when I see it for conference Carolinas football. That's been nothing more than a potential rumor for 15 years it seems ya know?
          Conference Carolinas seems to be waiting for one more school to start football or move up from D3/NAIA for how long now? And that's factoring in UNC-Pembroke (MEC for football) and Chowan (CIAA for football) joining the league in all other sports, not to mention Barton and Erskine starting football within the past couple of years. Had Limestone stayed in ConfCar in all other sports instead of moving to the SAC, then maybe ConfCar is already launching a football league.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Conference Carolinas seems to be waiting for one more school to start football or move up from D3/NAIA for how long now? And that's factoring in UNC-Pembroke (MEC for football) and Chowan (CIAA for football) joining the league in all other sports, not to mention Barton and Erskine starting football within the past couple of years. Had Limestone stayed in ConfCar in all other sports instead of moving to the SAC, then maybe ConfCar is already launching a football league.
            For as long as I've been on this board it seems. Also, all those schools collectively leaving and creating a new football league isn't exactly that great of a league. Wouldn't they be better off where they are currently is what I get asked.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Mav Man View Post

He also wants D3s and weak NAIAs to move up
              Well what other options do they have bud? No d1 school is gonna move down

Comment

Then I suggest Newman better hire a coach who knows that he is doing. I guess maybe you can step in and show them how its done

Comment

Shoot look at the conference they play in? NWMSU is a powerhouse as is several other schools. It might be a good idea to look for a new d2 conference but I wouldn't drop to d3

Comment

Unfortunately D2 is just there. Not many schools wanna move down to d2 from d1 and I feel like more d2 schools will make the jump up to d1

Comment

Originally posted by UISguy23 View Post

Well what other options do they have bud? No d1 school is gonna move down
                      Hey bud, how about not adding weak schools to water down division 2 even further? Newman is an example. And Try II isn’t blaming the coaching for poor performance. It’s that Newman is in over it’s head, athletically, in the MIAA (and NCAA D2).

Comment

Then I suggest Newman better hire a coach who knows that he is doing. I guess maybe you can step in and show them how its done
                        SMH ... bad city, small school, no budget, no athletic history, no one cares. Can't win. It's an average KCAC school at best.

Comment

SMH ... bad city, small school, no budget, no athletic history, no one cares. Can't win. It's an average KCAC school at best.
                          Most of the D2 schools are average at best lol apart from what 20 or 30 schools the rest are ehh decent

Comment

For as long as I've been on this board it seems. Also, all those schools collectively leaving and creating a new football league isn't exactly that great of a league. Wouldn't they be better off where they are currently is what I get asked.
                            To be fair that's the same opinion most everyone had when the GLVC formed.

Comment

Most of the D2 schools are average at best lol apart from what 20 or 30 schools the rest are ehh decent
                              Definition of mean right here, guys.

Comment

I'd guess that UNCP would be happy if the CC could start sponsoring football. The other CC members have a decent associate member for football setup, but UNCP in the MEC still doesn't make a lot of sense.

I agree that the USA South schools aren't in a good shape to move up, but some of those ODAC schools could afford to move up and I still don't understand why Christopher Newport continues to hang around D3. They'd be a prime target for the CC and an easy travel partner for Chowan.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X