Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Argonut View Post
    Is there any combination of wins and losses that would allow West Florida to host a semifinal? Are playoff wins used to recalculate semi re-seedings?
    I have no insight with numbers like Brandon or Inkblot would, if those are even used to reseed, but I think UWF hosting would be a long shot because all of the other regions have their #1's and #2's playing inter regional finals, which means at worst the #2 team in that region will be advancing.

I guess it could be possible that #3 UWF cold host if two of the #2's win (Mines and Sheppard; not Ferris, in my opinion) and the committee thinks that UWF is a better team than one of those #2's. I don't think they would get the nod over Mines, but they might over Sheppard.

Of course this is just a guess on my part, with little to no knowledge of the decision making process. So take this comment for what it is worth, but then again, you did ask it on a message board, so you should take some of the responsibility for the answer as well!

Comment

Is there any combination of wins and losses that would allow West Florida to host a semifinal? Are playoff wins used to recalculate semi re-seedings?
      I would think it all depends on the Angelo/Mines game. If Angelo wins there is no scenario in which WF would host. If Mines wins then I believe that WF would host either Mines or SR1 winner

Comment

Originally posted by texcap View Post

I have no insight with numbers like Brandon or Inkblot would, if those are even used to reseed, but I think UWF hosting would be a long shot because all of the other regions have their #1's and #2's playing inter regional finals, which means at worst the #2 team in that region will be advancing.

I guess it could be possible that #3 UWF cold host if two of the #2's win (Mines and Sheppard; not Ferris, in my opinion) and the committee thinks that UWF is a better team than one of those #2's. I don't think they would get the nod over Mines, but they might over Sheppard.

Of course this is just a guess on my part, with little to no knowledge of the decision making process. So take this comment for what it is worth, but then again, you did ask it on a message board, so you should take some of the responsibility for the answer as well!
        WF's resume would put them ahead of both SR1 teams for sure and most likely ahead of Mines as well. The in region seeding has no weight/bearing on how the semis are re-seeded (i.e. WF would have been the 1 seed in SR1, the 2 seed in SR4 and the 5 seed in SR3 to start the playoffs)

Comment

Originally posted by Gliac_fan10 View Post

WF's resume would put them ahead of both SR1 teams for sure and most likely ahead of Mines as well. The in region seeding has no weight/bearing on how the semis are re-seeded (i.e. WF would have been the 1 seed in SR1, the 2 seed in SR4 and the 5 seed in SR3 to start the playoffs)
          I figured that Argos needed all the current #2 to win to have a chance to host, but I’m not sure about how the playoff wins are used or not for re-seeding and which would be better for Argos chance of hosting. Your response helps, but doesn’t address use of playoff wins. Are they used or not? Thanks.

Comment

I figured that Argos needed all the current #2 to win to have a chance to host, but I’m not sure about how the playoff wins are used or not for re-seeding and which would be better for Argos chance of hosting. Your response helps, but doesn’t address use of playoff wins. Are they used or not? Thanks.
            Yes playoff wins/games are used, for all the criteria... and current seeding does not have any factor in semi seeding

Comment

Yes playoff wins/games are used, for all the criteria... and current seeding does not have any factor in semi seeding
              Go Orediggers!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

The first seeded team should get to pick who they play. When GV/Ferris/Angelo get the 1 seed for the final four, all of them want to host the SR1 winner. They'd prefer to not play Mines or West Florida. Yet, it is possible that the 1 seed will have to play a better team than the 2 seed
                I'm not in favor of that option. And here's a thought. Maybe it's not the weakest perceived team that one selects. If one believes in home field advantage, then maybe one would choose a team that home field makes the difference? And what about matchups. Say one has a better run D than Pass. So one selects the team with a weaker passing attack? All sorts of variables. Sure fans want to see the top 2 in the Natty, but there are a variety of factors as to who would like to play when.

Comment

As I said, I have no real knowledge of the decision making process and what you posited makes sense to me.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
                    I'm not in favor of that option. And here's a thought. Maybe it's not the weakest perceived team that one selects. If one believes in home field advantage, then maybe one would choose a team that home field makes the difference? And what about matchups. Say one has a better run D than Pass. So one selects the team with a weaker passing attack? All sorts of variables. Sure fans want to see the top 2 in the Natty, but there are a variety of factors as to who would like to play when.
                    Agree, home field vs. #4 picked by independent committee should be enough of an “advantage” for semifinal.

Comment

Agree, home field vs. #4 picked by independent committee should be enough of an “advantage” for semifinal.
                      Not to mention the poster board material for the team selected or not selected to play #1 by the #1 team.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

Not to mention the poster board material for the team selected or not selected to play #1 by the #1 team.
                        Poster board material is made for fan engagement. It does not affect team performance in any way. Well at least it wouldn’t affect a good team’s performance.

Comment

Originally posted by yote_7 View Post

Poster board material is made for fan engagement. It does not affect team performance in any way. Well at least it wouldn’t affect a good team’s performance.
                          Yeah, I've heard that a time or two. Still, these are humans and it'll be in their heads.

Comment

Ferris, West Florida, Mines, and Shepherd all advance. How does the seeding look? I think that Ferris will be locked into #1, but #2-4 is very uncertain in my opinion.

Comment

Comment

13-1 means something. We should get a home game.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X