Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

not sure of the GLIAC, haven't been involved nationally. i will say outside of 4 teams at the bottom of the MIAA, you will be in danger every time you take the field against an MIAA team.
    pitt state didnt exactly WALK through the MIAA. there were multiple games that weren't decided until the last little bit of the game and they gave everything that ferris wanted. same with NWMSU. they lost a couple of games one to the middle of the pack team and a few others gave them the business until they pulled away. they beat the number 3 team down in the playoffs on the road and were less that 2 minutes away from taking down the number 1 team in their barn also. our middle of the road teams in the MIAA are better than a majority of the rest of D2. id be willing to bet on that.

or, don't be scared. you'll walk away with a knot on our head and an L in your pocket.
    Until D2 teams have the money to play teams far away in the regular season , you’ll never know how good your lesser teams really are if they never get to play anyone from other regions.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Until D2 teams have the money to play teams far away in the regular season , you’ll never know how good your lesser teams really are if they never get to play anyone from other regions.
      the only ones we can compare results to are GAC typically.

UCO beat down tarleton and angelo state in the last 5 years. bout as far as our SILO schedules will allow.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbo slice View Post

the only ones we can compare results to are GAC typically.

UCO beat down tarleton and angelo state in the last 5 years. bout as far as our SILO schedules will allow.
        The Pee Sack is a 10 game schedule leaving only one week open for OOC. With the lack of money to travel beyond the region for most programs, it’s rare to see teams from other regions in the regular season.

Comment

It’s not. How often has Ferris Bueller State taken a game with two days notice and has to travel a long distance? We’ll wait. Why didn’t you guys just fill in the game? You own GV why not own them twice in the season?

:-)
          Well 10 games is good for us as we know we will play a total of 14 to 15 games per year. We have won 20 playoff games since 2016. That is 2 extra seasons more than IUP has played. Might as well rest up before the playoffs

Comment

Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

Well 10 games is good for us as we know we will play a total of 14 to 15 games per year. We have won 20 playoff games since 2016. That is 2 extra seasons more than IUP has played. Might as well rest up before the playoffs
            With the Pee Sack cross over schedule IUP had last year it was going to pad their SOS in the regional rankings. There was literally zero incentive to bail out GV needing a stand in for Edinboro. No coach is taking that game with little notice.

Now if they had only defended three punts from being blocked they go 9-1 and into the playoffs but it was 7-3 and see ya later. But they had great SOS on paper. HA!

Comment

So the last week of the regular season is the final of three crossover games between each division. If the first place teams of each division are not already scheduled the teams they both play now face each other and the two first place teams square off. Yes it’s a change but it’s with a weeks notice and the teams traveling were already preparing to travel across the state and they still get a full week to prepare unlike being asked to play a game with two days notice and a full day of travel.

IUP was scheduled to host Bloomsburg and Shepherd was scheduled to go to Erie. Shepherd got a shorter trip to IUP and Bloomsburg diverted over to Mercyhurst.

Each division takes turn bring the host. This year was the West. East hosts next year and so on..

It works out well.
              The PSAC has the best system in D2 for a two-division conference to crown a single champion.

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon View Post

The PSAC has the best system in D2 for a two-division conference to crown a single champion.
                They have to have something good about the conference. .

Comment

Originally posted by Runnin' Cat View Post

They have to have something good about the conference. .
                  Says a guy whose team has had their conference collapse and find someone to take them in.....

You school has to travel for a day or two for away games....ours is a morning bus ride.

Comment

Says a guy whose team has had their conference collapse and find someone to take them in.....

You school has to travel for a day or two for away games....ours is a morning bus ride.
                    Your "whataboutism" argument says you know I am correct.

Comment

I choose to look at it this way: CWU has proven since we joined the D2 ranks in 1999 (?) that we will play whoever, wherever. I don't know how in the hell we will continue to fund that year after year, but I do know it won't be without the help of Runnin' Cats $50 annual alumni donation.

Comment

Your "whataboutism" argument says you know I am correct.
                        I have posted repeatedly in the Pee Sack forum the plethora of things that The Home Office In Lock Haven screws up....

Maybe you should follow us more....we are the most active posters on the entire forum in the foosball section.

My whataboutism was to put you back in you place because you had no leg to stand on to mock anyone else. You were down to what three teams and had to be taken in by a withering away LSC? We may suck but there is no instability unless the triad schools decide only one team can exist per triad....

Comment

I have posted repeatedly in the Pee Sack forum the plethora of things that The Home Office In Lock Haven screws up....

Maybe you should follow us more....we are the most active posters on the entire forum in the foosball section.

My whataboutism was to put you back in you place because you had no leg to stand on to mock anyone else. You were down to what three teams and had to be taken in by a withering away LSC? We may suck but there is no instability unless the triad schools decide only one team can exist per triad....
                          Whataboutism arguments are the bastion of the weak minded.

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

I choose to look at it this way: CWU has proven since we joined the D2 ranks in 1999 (?) that we will play whoever, wherever. I don't know how in the hell we will continue to fund that year after year, but I do know it won't be without the help of Runnin' Cats $50 annual alumni donation.
                            I had a good year so I kicked it up to $80.

Comment

Whataboutism arguments are the bastion of the weak minded.
                              So is your mocking. You were basically an orphaned program wandering around to find anyone to take them in....

Comment

Originally posted by Goods View Post

You have no choice...you are literally forever and day from everybody else in D2. I imagine he needs to kick up his donations just for the travel budget alone.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X