X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

This is one reason why I think very little will be done outside of regional realignment. It's one thing to guarantee a conference a spot, but it's another to tell those conferences that it will be more difficult to get a second or even third team in.
    There would be interesting decisions to be made by those conferences. I see why the SAC and the PSAC would be against it.
    xxx
    Conf 2022 2021 2019 2018 2017 xxx 2022 FCS 2021 FCS
    NE10 2 2 0 2 1 1 1
    PSAC 3 3 5 3 4 3 4
    MEC 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    GMAC 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
    CIAA 2 1 1 1 2 2 1
    SAC 2 2 3 2 1 1 1
    SIAC 1 1 1 0 0 1 1
    xxx
    No real change: MEC, GMAC, CIAA
    Fewer teams: NE10, SAC
    More teams: PSAC
    Unknown: SIAC

I think the PSAC we be against it as would the SAC.

Would the NE10 view getting a guaranteed team in the playoffs to be more enticing than the possibility of getting shut out as they did in 2019?

I think the SIAC would vote in favor in order to avoid getting shut out and having an opportunity to for two teams (in a theoretical situation where someone upset Benedict this year).

I think the CIAA is generally getting one team in, but I think they would vote for change for the same reason that the SIAC would.

I am unsure of how the MEC and GMAC would vote.

Leave a comment:

• Matt Witwicki
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Oh come on, Shepherd is undefeated against GV!
    The Rams lost midseason to Kutztown and came into the dance with 1 loss.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
    The tricky part about SR2 is that if you move the MEC to it, you have to move another conference away from SR2... and the one that makes the most sense to move is the GSC. And now SR2 is the "weak region".
    The GSC has a pending crisis once the three teams they are fostering move over to Conference Carolina’s when the resume foosball in a few years..and West Florida won’t be staying D2 forever.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Another example of how I'm worried about the entire thing and not focused on one team!
    Ok Pop Pop.

;-)
    Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 11:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    CalU Marching Band In Maryville playing their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”

Leave a comment:

• EastStroud13
    replied
    The tricky part about SR2 is that if you move the MEC to it, you have to move another conference away from SR2... and the one that makes the most sense to move is the GSC. And now SR2 is the "weak region".

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Bloomsburg and California both made trips to Maryville in Semi final games. How did you forget?

:-)

Heck CalU sent their band out there and you all got treated to their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”.
    Another example of how I'm worried about the entire thing and not focused on one team!

Leave a comment:

• Brandon
    replied

You could potentially count Shepherd in 2015, but they were in the MEC at that time.
    Yeah.

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Ferris was the overall #2 seed in the rankings I think, but yes I think this is the best way forth considering wholesale changes rarely happen. Reseed at the quarterfinals and have a true national playoff from there. To further hammer it home to get the "best" in, Region 3 needs to get split up with the MIAA going to Region 4 or the GLIAC to region 1. Moving the GLIAC to region 1 probably would force the MEC to region 2 or something of that nature since the balance of total schools would be way off at that point.
    I have been thinking about that as well, and if the GLIAC came back to SR1, I would think the MEC would almost have to go to SR2.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

Nevermind. I thought the reply was to Kle (GV).

Do you know of any times a PSAC teams has played an MIAA team outside of IUP in 1999 and West Chester in 2004?
    Bloomsburg and California both made trips to Maryville in Semi final games. How did you forget?

:-)

Heck CalU sent their band out there and you all got treated to their fight song “On Top Of Spaghetti”.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 03-03-2023, 11:29 AM.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    Originally posted by GorillaTeacher View Post

Doesn't mean they didn't call. We already know you spout lies and mis-truths, why should we trust you when you say they never called?
    Do you have the receipts?

Leave a comment:

• Ram Tough
    replied
    Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Nevermind. I thought the reply was to Kle (GV).

Do you know of any times a PSAC teams has played an MIAA team outside of IUP in 1999 and West Chester in 2004?
    You could potentially count Shepherd in 2015, but they were in the MEC at that time.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied

I'm not arguing that at all, but the PSAC is like two conferences in one. If I had my way, the East and West would only meet the last week of the season, and the first three weeks would be for non-conference games.
    They could cut one crossover. Two is sufficient and it opens up two weeks to play OOC.

Leave a comment:

• Ram040506
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    I think the idea of a Final 8 coming out of regions and not playing regional finals but getting reseeded into a second bracket is interesting. It would have to go by their original regional seed.

If it was this past season:

1. Grand Valley
    2. Angelo State
    3. IUP
    4. Ferris Bueller
    5. West Florida
    6. Colorado Mines
    7. Shepherd
    8. Wingate.

Games would be
    Wingate at Grand Valley
    Shepherd at Angelo State
    Colorado Mines at IUP
    West Florida at Ferris Bueller

The winners would then be reseeded with the lowest remaining playingbthe highest remaining and the two middle face off. I hate hard brackets..the top seed remaining should always play the lowest remaining.

The NCAA needs to negotiate better rates for flights.
    Ferris was the overall #2 seed in the rankings I think, but yes I think this is the best way forth considering wholesale changes rarely happen. Reseed at the quarterfinals and have a true national playoff from there. To further hammer it home to get the "best" in, Region 3 needs to get split up with the MIAA going to Region 4 or the GLIAC to region 1. Moving the GLIAC to region 1 probably would force the MEC to region 2 or something of that nature since the balance of total schools would be way off at that point.

Leave a comment:

• IUPNation
    replied
    I think the idea of a Final 8 coming out of regions and not playing regional finals but getting reseeded into a second bracket is interesting. It would have to go by their original regional seed.

If it was this past season:

1. Grand Valley
    2. Angelo State
    3. IUP
    4. Ferris Bueller
    5. West Florida
    6. Colorado Mines
    7. Shepherd
    8. Wingate.

Games would be
    Wingate at Grand Valley
    Shepherd at Angelo State
    Colorado Mines at IUP
    West Florida at Ferris Bueller

The winners would then be reseeded with the lowest remaining playingbthe highest remaining and the two middle face off. I hate hard brackets..the top seed remaining should always play the lowest remaining.

The NCAA needs to negotiate better rates for flights.

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X