X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finchwidget
    replied
    Originally posted by Tech Boys View Post
    Yes, the Peach Belt officially invites Middle Georgia State but they will not be applying until 2025 and would begin D2 and PBC competition in Fall 2025.

https://mgaknights.com/news/2024/1/1...embership.aspx
    I always thought the norm was for schools to apply as soon as they make their intentions to move to D2 clear, and then spend the first year of reclassification finishing out their obligations to their NAIA or D3 conference before playing a D2 schedule. Waiting an extra year to apply just to spend a third year playing a D2 schedule while ineligible for championships is kinda strange to me... Wonder what their hesitation is?

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    Yes, the Peach Belt officially invites Middle Georgia State but they will not be applying until 2025 and would begin D2 and PBC competition in Fall 2025.

https://mgaknights.com/news/2024/1/1...embership.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Inkblot View Post

Point Park makes it five.
    Apparently Middle Georgia isn't applying until 2025. So it's four as of now.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Originally posted by cwfenn View Post

I miss the Big East (before football wrecked it). Also wish UConn still played UMass every year in basketball.
    One of my HS students did his term paper on realignment. It was really good, I challenged him on several teams but he made excellent defenses of his picks. He showed geography, school size, etc. Today he is a HS athletic director!

Leave a comment:

• cwfenn
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post

I'm a fan of the Border, Metro, Skyline and Yankee.
    I miss the Big East (before football wrecked it). Also wish UConn still played UMass every year in basketball.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    We're up to four confirmed applicants for 2024: Jamestown, Middle Georgia State, UC Merced, and UT Dallas.
    Point Park makes it five.

Leave a comment:

• Finchwidget
    replied

I looked at it and was a bit disappointed... it doesn't show some of the more obscure defunct conferences that I've had trouble finding information on.
    Yeah, I've heard there were a couple of kinks with it, which definitely sucks. I'm just impressed they were both able and willing to put anything like this together

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied

I looked at it and was a bit disappointed... it doesn't show some of the more obscure defunct conferences that I've had trouble finding information on.
    I'm a fan of the Border, Metro, Skyline and Yankee.

Leave a comment:

• Inkblot
    replied
    Originally posted by Finchwidget View Post
    Not really realignment news per se, but the NCAA just released a new historical membership dashboard which showcases what years every NCAA school has been in the NCAA, what divisions and conferences they've been in during that time, what conference membership has looked like each year for each past and present NCAA conference, and more. Fun tool to play with if you're a frequenter of this thread like I am.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/1/5/m...nferences.aspx

Leave a comment:

• Finchwidget
    replied
    Not really realignment news per se, but the NCAA just released a new historical membership dashboard which showcases what years every NCAA school has been in the NCAA, what divisions and conferences they've been in during that time, what conference membership has looked like each year for each past and present NCAA conference, and more. Fun tool to play with if you're a frequenter of this thread like I am.

https://www.ncaa.org/news/2024/1/5/m...nferences.aspx

Leave a comment:

• ctrabs74
    replied
    Originally posted by sportsvine View Post

I wonder if the NAIA will ever become annexed by the NCAA? Maybe the NAIA teams will become NCAA D2, or D3, or perhaps the create a D4 classification for those teams, or, maybe NCAA will allow the NAIA label to still apply even if the NCAA has full control over these universities. Or...... maybe the future of the NAIA is still on solid foundation and will remain completely separate from the NCAA into the foreseeable future?
    Given the current state of the NCAA (mainly due to NIL issues and a lot of other dysfunction that we may never be privy to) and the potential for DOJ anti-trust issues popping up, I don't see and NCAA/NAIA merger ever happening. If it were the case where virtually NAIA member wanted to join the NCAA in the first place, then the NAIA would've vanished a long time ago.

Leave a comment:

• sportsvine
    replied
    Originally posted by laker View Post
    I wonder if the NAIA will ever become annexed by the NCAA? Maybe the NAIA teams will become NCAA D2, or D3, or perhaps the create a D4 classification for those teams, or, maybe NCAA will allow the NAIA label to still apply even if the NCAA has full control over these universities. Or...... maybe the future of the NAIA is still on solid foundation and will remain completely separate from the NCAA into the foreseeable future?

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    NAIA North Star will be disbanding after next year.
    NSAA, which held post season tournaments in Watertown, announces it will be disbanding - Go Watertown

Leave a comment:

• Tech Boys
    replied
    The SSC announced the addition of new sports today which lead me to an interesting announcement I missed. Florida Tech announced in May the return of Men's Cross Country, Men's Track & Field Outdoor, and the addition of Men's Track & Field Indoor. The interesting part is no women's teams added. Title IX was cited as part of the reason for adding these sports.

Florida Tech is also committed to ensuring that existing sports programs are not impacted. The changes come as the university reaffirms its support of and responsibilities under Title IX.

Leave a comment:

• laker
    replied
    Frontier Adding Dickinson State as Newest Conference Member - Frontier Conference (fcsports.org)

Leave a comment:

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X