Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFCA Preseason Division II Top 25 (8/14)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AFCA Preseason Division II Top 25 (8/14)

https://www.afca.com/defending-natio...-2023-at-no-1/

AFCA Division II Preseason Top 25 Poll (8/14)
    1. Ferris State (29)
    2. Colorado School of Mines
    3. Grand valley State
    4. Pittsburg State
    5. Angelo State
    6. Northwest Missouri State
    7. West Florida
    8. Ouachita Baptist
    9. Minnesota State-Mankato
    10. Delta State
    11. Bemidji State
    12. Ashland
    13. Shepherd
    14. Harding
    15. Slippery Rock
    16. Indiana (PA)
    17. Benedict
    18. Virginia Union
    19. Emporia State
    20. Indianapolis
    21. Wingate
    22. West Georgia
    23. Assumption
    24. Newberry
    25. Lenoir-Rhyne

Others Receiving Votes
    Notre Dame College, Davenport, Colorado State-Pueblo, Bowie State, Truman State, Central Washington, Limestone, Winona State, Wayne State (NE), Henderson State, Fayetteville State, Tuskegee, Morehouse, Findlay, Fort Valley State, Ohio Dominican, Tiffin, California (PA), Washburn, Charleston, Millersville, Mars Hill, Saginaw Valley State, Texas A&M-Kingsville, Western Colorado, Kutztown, Wayne State (MI), Winston-Salem State, Gannon, Central Oklahoma, Central State, New Haven, Sioux Falls, Southern Arkansas, Bluefield State, Minnesota-Duluth, Nebraska-Kearney, West Alabama

5 of the top 10 are from one region. NCAA has to change something up for POs if this holds. I also find it interesting that Wayne (MI) got some votes. I guess someone must love their new coach? Yeah, I know, polls don't mean anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post
      5 of the top 10 are from one region. NCAA has to change something up for POs if this holds. I also find it interesting that Wayne (MI) got some votes. I guess someone must love their new coach? Yeah, I know, polls don't mean anything.
      4 of the top 6 from one region LOL
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

4 of the top 6 from one region LOL
        8 of top 9 from two regions. I agree that the regional system, as it currently stands, is broken. Need the NCAA to spend more than $480 on D2 sports for that to happen though. Ha.

But Redwing is also spot on. Polls, especially preseason, are meaningless.

Comment

What's going on lmao

Wayne State has had seasons with much more hype and they'd be nowhere near that list.

Comment

Originally posted by mtsax305 View Post
            What's going on lmao

Wayne State has had seasons with much more hype and they'd be nowhere near that list.
            It has to just be coaches voting for themselves or their friends. Because in no way should any of Morehouse (also 1-9 last year lol), Millersville (5-6 last year), Winston-Salem (3-6 last year), Central State (3-7 last year), or Bluefield (3-4 last year and A LOSS TO LINCOLN CALIFORNIA and only playing 5 games against D2 schools), be getting ANY votes for anything on this poll lol.

Comment

I can't wait until The MIAA gets moved to Region 1. It'll be awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                ...and nobody from the MIAA will still travel to Pennsylvania with the move.

:-)

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Since 2006, IUP has faced exactly two opponents from outside SR1. A loss to West Florida in the playoffs, and a win against St. Augustine's. Do IUP football players even know that other states exist outside of New England? lol

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

So you would rather see IUP lose by 27 at home instead of 30 on the road?

Comment

Since 2006, IUP has faced exactly two opponents from outside SR1. A loss to West Florida in the playoffs, and a win against St. Augustine's. Do IUP football players even know that other states exist outside of New England? lol
                      Could be wrong but I think Ashland was still in the GLIAC when IUP played them in '17 and '18 (IUP won both games).

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Could be wrong but I think Ashland was still in the GLIAC when IUP played them in '17 and '18 (IUP won both games).
                        Correct. But they're in SR1 now. My point is that nobody from IUP should be chastising anyone else for not traveling beyond their comfort zone, haha.

Comment

The MIAA should definitely be chastised for the silo thing. Uni presidents should be water boarded for that mess.

Comment

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
                            I wish they would abolish the regional format as well. It'd be nice for them to just take the same regional selection criteria, but not have a regional playoff. Just take the top 7 from each region and throw it in a larger playoff and go from there. That to me is the fairest way given the way D2 operates.

Because there isn't enough data for a real comparison between regions, I think taking the top 7 from each is fine and then reseeding it on a national committees recommendation with weight given to conference champions.
                            Last edited by Ram040506; 08-18-2023, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Technically Ashland was in your region when IUP defeated them in 2017 and 2018. They were in your conference.

Facts matter.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X