Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AFCA Preseason Division II Top 25 (8/14)

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Predatory Primates View Post
    So you would rather see IUP lose by 27 at home instead of 30 on the road?
    How would we know...your school is too cheap to put the Chimps on the road. You stay in your Little House On The Prairie Bubble.

At least if you beat us on our field you can finally talk **** and it be valid.

Every PSAC/MIAA playoff meeting has been played at the MIAA school. Every time.

Northwest Misery and Pittsburg(H) State have never played a game in their history in the Northeast.

Ever.

You all want to drop the regional format but you also don't want to travel on the road.

Once again Region 3 Fanboys want their cake and eat it too.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 08-18-2023, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Correct. But they're in SR1 now. My point is that nobody from IUP should be chastising anyone else for not traveling beyond their comfort zone, haha.
      Well people from the MIAA shouldn't make unsolicited catty remarks about Region 1 and not expect a response.

I did put a smiley face in my reply. Obviously you can't take a joke either.

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-18-2023, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Correct. But they're in SR1 now. My point is that nobody from IUP should be chastising anyone else for not traveling beyond their comfort zone, haha.
        But they were in Region 3 then....were GLIAC champs in 2017 (your conference)...and little ole IUP beat them both times.

haha

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-18-2023, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I wish they would abolish the regional format as well. It'd be nice for them to just take the same regional selection criteria, but not have a regional playoff. Just take the top 7 from each region and throw it in a larger playoff and go from there. That to me is the fairest way given the way D2 operates.

Because there isn't enough data for a real comparison between regions, I think taking the top 7 from each is fine and then reseeding it on a national committees recommendation with weight given to conference champions.
          OR.....Pick the top 6 teams in each Region and leave the 7th seeds for at large bids to be picked from any region and assigned accordingly.

So a MIAA or GLIAC team can be the 7th seed in Regions 1, 2 and 4 and if they want to make the final 4 they have to do it on the road a few weeks in a row far far away from home. Then maybe the whining will stop.

Seems fair right?
          Last edited by IUPNation; 08-18-2023, 07:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

But they were in Region 3 then....were GLIAC champs in 2017...and IUP beat them both times.

haha
            The entire conversation was about traveling lol. Going 3.5 hours away via car is not traveling lol.

And it's only funny because IUP has had non-conference openings for a while and still haven't challenged themselves with any decent away games. At least the MIAA schools were strictly forced to only play in-conference. And at least now they're getting away from that, so maybe we'll see NWMS and Pitt start traveling the country!
            2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

The entire conversation was about traveling lol. Going 3.5 hours away via car is not traveling lol.

And it's only funny because IUP has had non-conference openings for a while and still haven't challenged themselves with any decent away games. At least the MIAA schools were strictly forced to only play in-conference. And at least now they're getting away from that, so maybe we'll see NWMS and Pitt start traveling the country!
              You have 4 OOC conference games this season because the GLIAC is too dinky. You have two good match ups with the top teams from the RMAC and then two cupcake games.

Three of those games are at home.

So basically GV will leave Meatchicken at least once the entire season. They'll get almost every playoff game at home or at Ferris Bueller because the GLIAC is stumping the MIAA in the regional rankings. GV may not play outside of Meatchicken after Week 1 unless they make it to McKinney.

Just sayin....

Oh...and IUP didn't have to schedule that 11th game based on whatever convoluted schedule the Home Office In Lock Haven pulled out of their posteriors...because as you know the often times laughable regional rankings are based on bogus spread sheet numbers and not actual level of performance...so when IUP had good Pee Sack cross over games that padded the SOS for the spread sheets..there was no need to schedule anyone. Just win at least 9 of the 10 games and move on to the playoffs....everyone games the system or at least the smart programs game it until the NCAA decides to change it...which they are aren't going to do because they don't give a flip about the D2 playoffs and could care less about any of the whining coming from Maryville, Pittsburg(H), Allendale or Big Rapids on how they are all stuck in the same region and it's not ffffaaaaaaiiiiirrrrrrr. boohoohoo is what they'll tell you.
              Last edited by IUPNation; 08-18-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

You have 4 OOC conference games this season because the GLIAC is too dinky. You have two good match ups with the top teams from the RMAC and then two cupcake games.

So basically GV will leave Meatchicken at least once the entire season. They'll get almost every playoff game at home or at Ferris Bueller because the GLIAC is stumping the MIAA in the regional rankings. GV may not play outside of Meatchicken after Week 1 unless they make it to McKinney.

If you care about your credibility, which by the nature of your posts is questionable at best, implying that GV is a school that avoids travel is nonsense. Throw darts at GV all you want on most any issue you desire, but not wanting to travel? Their rep is essentially unmatched in D2 for willingness to play most anyone anywhere. I say most since it makes little sense this season to play NW just before one of their bigger rivals. Not to mention likely playing half or more of the schedule vs ranked teams... 2 in the top 5 nonetheless. (By the way, one of the cupcakes you referenced is a ranked team. You might want to check your definition of cupcake.) So 3 of the 4 OOC games are against a currently ranked team.

Keep posting though. I need the chuckles.
                Last edited by Redwing; 08-18-2023, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Just sayin....

Oh...and IUP didn't have to schedule that 11th game based on whatever convoluted schedule the Home Office In Lock Haven pulled out of their posteriors...because as you know the often times laughable regional rankings are based on bogus spread sheet numbers and not actual level of performance...so when IUP had good Pee Sack cross over games that padded the SOS for the spread sheets..there was no need to schedule anyone. Just win at least 9 of the 10 games and move on to the playoffs....everyone games the system or at least the smart programs game it until the NCAA decides to change it...which they are aren't going to do because they don't give a flip about the D2 playoffs and could care less about any of the whining coming from Maryville, Pittsburg(H), Allendale or Big Rapids on how they are all stuck in the same region and it's not ffffaaaaaaiiiiirrrrrrr. boohoohoo is what they'll tell you.
                  GV's away non-conference games by year:

2023: at Top 5 Colorado Mines
                  2022: at Top 25 Colorado Pueblo, at American International (Mass.)
                  2020: They were supposed to go to Edinboro (Pa.) and then Top 25 Colorado Pueblo and then Top 25 Assumption
                  2018: at Top 10 Delta State (Miss.)
                  2017: at Top 15 Indianapolis, at Truman State (Mo.)

GV also went to Western Oregon at least once, maybe twice, in the last 10 years. Also went to Azusa Pacific in California.

In any case, we'd love to have IUP in Michigan around early December. =)
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Redwing View Post

If you care about your credibility, which by the nature of your posts is questionable at best, implying that GV is a school that avoids travel is nonsense. Throw darts at GV all you want on most any issue you desire, but not wanting to travel? Their rep is essentially unmatched in D2 for willingness to play most anyone anywhere. I say most since it makes little sense this season to play NW just before one of their bigger rivals. Not to mention likely playing half or more of the schedule vs ranked teams... 2 in the top 5 nonetheless. (By the way, one of the cupcakes you referenced is a ranked team. You might want to check your definition of cupcake.) So 3 of the 4 OOC games are against a currently ranked team.

Keep posting though. I need the chuckles.
                    Your credibility is questionable when you start making stuff up. I never said they aren’t willing to travel. You have those private jets we all hear about right? :-) “Just kidding”

Obviously they have to travel at sone point each season in order to have a completed schedule due to the GLIAC being a small conference. But the person I was replying to…not you…was mocking IUP for only going to Ohio when GV is only leaving the state once this year. Just pointing out a FACT not taking a shot at GV oh thin skinned one. I could give a rats ass about GV or who they are playing and where. It’s literally not on my list of concerns. Again this traces back to a half serious crack about the MIAA being moved to Region 1 that got a half serious reply and of course the triggered Region 3 fanboys couldn’t take what they dished out even half seriously. They should rename Region 3 the Trump Region since it wants nonstop affection from the great unwashed of the other Regions and lashes out with insults and mockery as soon as anyone in the unwashed masses makes any comment that the triggered take as a slight to their greatness.

LMAO!!

You people entertain me to no end.

Carry on!
                    Last edited by IUPNation; 08-19-2023, 06:40 AM.

Comment

GV's away non-conference games by year:

2023: at Top 5 Colorado Mines
                      2022: at Top 25 Colorado Pueblo, at American International (Mass.)
                      2020: They were supposed to go to Edinboro (Pa.) and then Top 25 Colorado Pueblo and then Top 25 Assumption
                      2018: at Top 10 Delta State (Miss.)
                      2017: at Top 15 Indianapolis, at Truman State (Mo.)

GV also went to Western Oregon at least once, maybe twice, in the last 10 years. Also went to Azusa Pacific in California.

In any case, we'd love to have IUP in Michigan around early December. =)
                      You don’t have to defend your schedule. I don’t care.

Well if we run the table and game the system it might be GV going to Indiana, PA in December!

Spread Sheets matter!!
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 08-19-2023, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Don’t forget NWMSU’s non-con win @ GVSU in ‘84 😎

Comment

How would we know...your school is too cheap to put the Chimps on the road. You stay in your Little House On The Prairie Bubble.

At least if you beat us on our field you can finally talk **** and it be valid.

Every PSAC/MIAA playoff meeting has been played at the MIAA school. Every time.

Northwest Misery and Pittsburg(H) State have never played a game in their history in the Northeast.

Ever.

You all want to drop the regional format but you also don't want to travel on the road.

Once again Region 3 Fanboys want their cake and eat it too.
                          I started to type a thoughtful response to this, but the entire thing is too stupid for that.

You will have to put some meat and spices in that weak sauce. It's just lukewarm saltwater at this point. I know. I know. That's all iup can afford.

Comment

I started to type a thoughtful response to this, but the entire thing is too stupid for that.

You will have to put some meat and spices in that weak sauce. It's just lukewarm saltwater at this point. I know. I know. That's all iup can afford.
                            I get you. You regret making your initial unnecessary Region 1 comment. You had a moment of weakness and couldn’t help yourself and forgot that I might be lurking to correct your behavior.

:-)

Comment

I get you. You regret making your initial unnecessary Region 1 comment. You had a moment of weakness and couldn’t help yourself and forgot that I might be lurking to correct your behavior.

I commented to get you to respond, but I was disappointed.

Do better!

Comment

I commented to get you to respond, but I was disappointed.

Do better!
                                i
                                I’m Sure you did Karen.

Feel better?

Last edited by IUPNation; 08-19-2023, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X