Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShepAlum View Post
    By my count, we're already up to 5 upsets of Div-II programs over D-I (FCS) ...

Week 1
    Bowie State def. Del State
    Virginia State def. Norfolk State

Week 2
    Barton def. Davidson
    Colorado Mesa def. San Diego
    Miles def. Alabama State

Each year it seems like there is one or two of these upsets ... 5 seems like a lot, and particularly within the first two weeks. Does anyone have an idea of years that had more D-II wins over D-I opponents within a given season?
    Not a total surprise ... 3 wins over HBCU's and 2 FCS non-scholly programs. I bet Pioneer League members would struggle annually against D2 teams

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
      Probably the most famous D2 over FCS win in recent times (at least IMO) was CSU-Pueblo beating Sam Houston State in 2014. CSU-Pueblo won the D2 national title that year, but SHSU themselves reached the FCS national semifinals that same season.
      I'd say Chadron State over Montana State --- after the Bobcats beat Colorado the week before -- is up there in D2 wins.

Comment

Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Massey has Delta as a 23.5 point favorite. Holy cow.

MVSU is better this year I've heard, but DSU should still get the win. Last year DSU won 28-17 and in 2013 DSU won 24-14. Not sure if MVSU has ever beaten DSU in football.

Comment

Originally posted by DSUFAN View Post

MVSU is better this year I've heard, but DSU should still get the win. Last year DSU won 28-17 and in 2013 DSU won 24-14. Not sure if MVSU has ever beaten DSU in football.
          MVSU had beaten Delta.
          This will be the 7th meeting between Delta and Valley. DSU holds a 5-1 record over MVSU.

Delta lost 26-28 in 2002.
          RESPECT THE STATESMEN, FEAR THE OKRA!
          Delta State University, GSC

Comment

The FAMU v USF highlights from last week show the QB and receivers completely uncovered in three of Bulls running and passing TDs in red zone. The FAMU coach was complaining about execution errors post game. It looked like blown assignments and the Argos may have a good chance if FAMU is making those kinds of mistakes tomorrow.

The central location and opponent is causing lots of Argo fans around state to come to game. There might be more than a home game! I am hoping a great turnout and game might lead to regular series between the I-10 teams. Gooo Arrrgggooosss!!!
            Last edited by Argonut; 09-15-2023, 04:08 PM.

Comment

Beating an FCS from the CAA, Big Sky or Missouri Valley is what matters. The rest do not. Especially the Del State one, they are a horrible football franchise that probably should have been shut down 30 years ago.

Comment

Yeah around 2010 11 12. There are a bunch of fcs upsets by D2. They're also tons more teams playing each other between the two divisions than there are now. A good chunk of those teams that were D2 that upset the FCS are now in FCS. But when the nsic the MIAA the psac and the GAC all went to no non-conference the numbers drop down of the upsets of D2 over FCS. I like D2 playing FCS because that means some of that division one money trickles down to the D2 level. Right now D2 is getting drained of talent through the open transfer and none of the money is coming down stream. FCF is hurting because they are not as playing as many FbS as they used to. The people who call for 9 and 10 game conference schedules are hurting the lower divisions because the money is not trickling down

Comment

If you got ESPN+, I would suggest that you look up the Ferris State at Montana game. Currently Ferris is up 7 to 3 in the second quarter, 4:20 left in the first half.

Comment

Montana ended up winning 17-10 but Ferris State battled to the end. Just goes to show you how damn good Ferris is currently as a program when they basically be equals to a FCS upper echelon program.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
                      Probably the most famous D2 over FCS win in recent times (at least IMO) was CSU-Pueblo beating Sam Houston State in 2014. CSU-Pueblo won the D2 national title that year, but SHSU themselves reached the FCS national semifinals that same season.
                      That was a fun one to be at. Sam Whoston?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X