Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Uh I was referring to Mines on autopilot and Kutztown being the team playing with house money.
    Okay, thank you for the clarification. I had seen the GV in the reference to losing yesterday so I read into it a meaning towards Harding. Forgive me for not understanding the comment as you had intended it.

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
    Dont think it can’t happen..everyone thought the Atlanta Braves would waltz to the World Series and for the second year in a row a 6 seed that barely made it went instead…

Nothing is a given.
    Oh you are so right. The GAC gets comments dimishing the conference as weak overall so any team in the playoffs is by nature then also weak. MIAA and GLICA commenters immediately downplayed Harding as a #1 Seed and would be losers in the first game. Yes, Central Missourui did dominate GAC team Henderson but the negatives against Harding continued to be thrown.

I stated a similar baseball analogy with both Arizona and Texas in the World Series, both of whom had been given a VERY LOW percentage chance at the start of the season to win. I noted how things can change in a year and let the Bisons be #1 Seed until they are knocked off. Well, not they are the SR3 Regional Champs.

Again, appreciate the comments and sorry for assuming you were throwing a slight towards Harding.

Comment

It keeps interest going…if you make it so that a Region 1 team has to jump a hurdle 10 times bigger than an MIAA or GLiAC team how is that making it better.

I’m still pissed how IUP got hosed in 91 when they were the top ranked team in the country and got put on the road to a ****ing GSC team in the Semi’s because they had more money to stage the game. Then having to play the 93 finals va UNA in their home field. I don’t give a **** they barely won I will go to my grave believing IUP was the better and more talented team that day and if that game was in Indiana they and their junior high option offense would have been stomped. So I guess I’m much more sensitive to what I see as unfair when it comes to my region of the country…because IUP did what was necessary years ago and we got ****ed over in favor of the South. I’m shocked we got the home game vs North Dakota in 93…which of course we won.
      We all have a game like that. Heck, I still say that GVSU should have hosted NWMSU in 2007 when we had that win streak going, was undefeated that year, oh and yeah, there was that bloody ice storm in Missouri at the time as well when Allendale would have had weather more constitutive to playing football in. Maybe Valdosta would have gotten the Lakers in the championship that year, but I would have rather had that game in Allendale.

Comment

It’s okay when the Northeast gets the unfair advantage. It’s not okay when the Midwest or the South gets it because we are the important area.

lol

BTW you better hope GV wins because I’m going to have a field day on here over the fact the MIAA and the GLIAC got cock blocked from the Semi’s and the Pee Sack has its rightful spot at the table…because the Northeast is entitled to one spot per the regional setup!

…and if Valdosta goes down too …ooooo child…my head might explode from the giddiness from a cock block trifecta!
        Like a glazed donut I bet.

Comment

You are still inferior to me. GV’s winning percentage is .142 vs IUP. I look forward to the day we make it 7-1.

lol
          Tell your people to call our people. They could easily work out a home and home deal. Heck, Edinboro still owes us a game because they ducked out of due to them all getting the Rona right before it in 2021.

Comment

• The easy road to the final four is? K-town, Mines, LR, Harding. If I had to pick the order it would be Mines easiest then K-town, LR and Harding the hardest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bearhof View Post
              The easy road to the final four is? K-town, Mines, LR, Harding. If I had to pick the order it would be Mines easiest then K-town, LR and Harding the hardest.
              I concur... the hard route will the hard fought game coming up this Saturday in Searcy. Mines is the overwhelming favorite to win at home against Kutztown (sorry, but that is the prevailing wind that blows right now) and LR and Harding will be a contest.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

I concur... the hard route will the hard fought game coming up this Saturday in Searcy. Mines is the overwhelming favorite to win at home against Kutztown (sorry, but that is the prevailing wind that blows right now) and LR and Harding will be a contest.
                Lets call it for what it really is...

Mines will have an unofficial bye in the semis again and meet the winner of the other semi final in Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigmrg74 View Post

We all have a game like that. Heck, I still say that GVSU should have hosted NWMSU in 2007 when we had that win streak going, was undefeated that year, oh and yeah, there was that bloody ice storm in Missouri at the time as well when Allendale would have had weather more constitutive to playing football in. Maybe Valdosta would have gotten the Lakers in the championship that year, but I would have rather had that game in Allendale.
                  thanks to the old way. our out of conference strength of schedule and knocking off UNO the week before helped in the reseed. I remember you GV guys were pissed. and apparently still are. ;) and that storm was weird, it should have been snowing with the temps. i spent most of that game spreading ice melt on the track for the espn camera mobile vehicle thing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Greenman View Post

thanks to the old way. our out of conference strength of schedule and knocking off UNO the week before helped in the reseed. I remember you GV guys were pissed. and apparently still are. ;) and that storm was weird, it should have been snowing with the temps. i spent most of that game spreading ice melt on the track for the espn camera mobile vehicle thing.
                    We had that winning streak going, was undefeated, and was planning on tearing down another goalpost that year. Not to mention that the weather in Allendale oddly enough for December, would have been better for hosting the game there.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X