Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fitzpats View Post

Put a product on the field that warrants a playoff appearance? Would that be too much to ask?
    Who determines that?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It keeps interest going…if you make it so that a Region 1 team has to jump a hurdle 10 times bigger than an MIAA or GLiAC team how is that making it better.

I’m still pissed how IUP got hosed in 91 when they were the top ranked team in the country and got put on the road to a ****ing GSC team in the Semi’s because they had more money to stage the game. Then having to play the 93 finals va UNA in their home field. I don’t give a **** they won I will go to my grave believing IUP was the better and more talented team that day and if that game was in Indiana they and their junior high option offense would have been stomped.

So I am tired of certain regions and conferences getting unfair advantages they didn’t necessarily earn.
      This post having that first and last sentence is incredible lol.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Who determines that?
        The games on the field. The ones that SR1 teams keep losing in the semifinals.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

This post having that first and last sentence is incredible lol.
          It’s okay when the Northeast gets the unfair advantage. It’s not okay when the Midwest or the South gets it because we are the important area.

lol

BTW you better hope GV wins because I’m going to have a field day on here over the fact the MIAA and the GLIAC got cock blocked from the Semi’s and the Pee Sack has its rightful spot at the table…because the Northeast is entitled to one spot per the regional setup!

…and if Valdosta goes down too …ooooo child…my head might explode from the giddiness from a cock block trifecta!
          Last edited by IUPNation; 12-01-2023, 08:43 PM.

Comment

The games on the field. The ones that SR1 teams keep losing in the semifinals.
            6-1. I’m better than you.

lol

Comment

6-1. I’m better than you.

lol
              With all those games taking place when GV was in the inferior SR1. Weird how that works. =)

Comment

With all those games taking place when GV was in the inferior SR1. Weird how that works. =)
                You are still inferior to me. GV’s winning percentage is .142 vs IUP. I look forward to the day we make it 7-1.

lol

Comment

You are still inferior to me. GV’s winning percentage is .142 vs IUP. I look forward to the day we make it 7-1.

lol
                  Sounds like IUP should move up.

Comment

Sounds like IUP should move up.
                    Maybe we will…..just like George and Weezy.

Comment

It keeps interest going…if you make it so that a Region 1 team has to jump a hurdle 10 times bigger than an MIAA or GLiAC team how is that making it better.

I’m still pissed how IUP got hosed in 91 when they were the top ranked team in the country and got put on the road to a ****ing GSC team in the Semi’s because they had more money to stage the game. Then having to play the 93 finals va UNA in their home field. I don’t give a **** they barely won I will go to my grave believing IUP was the better and more talented team that day and if that game was in Indiana they and their junior high option offense would have been stomped. So I guess I’m much more sensitive to what I see as unfair when it comes to my region of the country…because IUP did what was necessary years ago and we got ****ed over in favor of the South. I’m shocked we got the home game vs North Dakota in 93…which of course we won.
                      Those rules aren't part of the current system, but maybe they should be, since "that's how we've always done it." Shouldn't have changed. :)

Comment

It seems like many here are upset third and fourth place teams who didn’t win their conference and got left out are more worthy than conferences winners in the Northeast.
                        I don't see that. What I do see, however, is that the PSAC has gotten three teams in the playoffs the last three seasons and got five teams in during the 2019 season.

It's hard for others to see your point of view when teams in the conference you like are repeatedly getting more teams in the playoffs than historically stronger conferences.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

I don't see that. What I do see, however, is that the PSAC has gotten three teams in the playoffs the last three seasons and got five teams in during the 2019 season.

It's hard for others to see your point of view when teams in the conference you like are repeatedly getting more teams in the playoffs than historically stronger conferences.
                          Is it our fault we have 16 teams, generally beat the other conferences in our region and actually have a real title game? Seems like we do more than the other three conferences in our region. Shouldn’t that mean we get rewarded more than they do?

:-)

Comment

So I think somebody might have suggested this already but I’m not going back to find out.

Since any changes will have to appease every conference and not to just make two happier…I think this could be option 3 on top of my other two fixes.

1. Water down the field by going to 32. That way the 5-6th place teams in the MIAA get picked because they are powerhouses that never get a chance or do I’m told.

2. Still bracket and seed on a somewhat regional basis but not strict regionalization for the first two rounds. That would say allow for teams currently in different regions but not far apart to potentially meet in round 1 and avoid conference rematches in round 1 unless a conference gets 3-4 teams in and it’s hard to avoid. There are no first round byes.

3. To appease every conference, give every conference champion in the field guaranteed home games for the first two rounds. It’s an incentive and a reward to win your conference.

4. After 2 rounds, everyone left gets reseeded. Top 4 get the home games.

5. Do it again for the final 4, top 2 get the home games.

You are welcome.
                            So a repost of a serious suggestion for a “fix” that got buried and ignored.

Comment

• Slimey Pebble lost. Good.

The GSC got crushed. Good.

Come on Harding!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fitzpats View Post

Put a product on the field that warrants a playoff appearance? Would that be too much to ask?
                                Not everyone can afford 50+ players on a full-ride?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X