Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

I literally just told you GV is trying to move up and are being blocked by schools which are afraid of them.

Everyone else understands what I, and almost every other person here is saying. You are the only one who isn't getting it, because you're claiming that your school/conference is poor, while at the same time saying schools are afraid to come play you, while at the same time saying you lose a lot because you're not good, while at the same time saying everyone is awesome and really good because they all compete for the conference championship, while at the same time saying you can't fund the scholarships to be better. You have ever angle covered.

And yea, I did look up whatever Baby Huey is supposed to mean, and it got me nowhere. Not sure how a singer or a giant cartoon duck relates to GVSU.
    You think everybody can just go out and get the same funding. The conditions in Meatchicken for Gv aren’t the same for everyone else. You reek of arrogance. If it was that easy for everyone they’d be doing it. Stop it with the move down ****. I’m sick of reading that nonsense.

Last edited by IUPNation; 11-30-2023, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You think everybody can just go out and get the same funding. The conditions in Meatchicken for Gv aren’t the same for everyone else. You reek of arrogance. If it was that ****ing easy for everyone they’d be doing it. Stop it with the move down ****. I’m sick of reading that bull****.
      If you can't afford to fund your largest athletics program at a level which is competitive, then you shouldn't be in Division II. That's it. That's the story. Drop football if you can't afford it. This is a competitive landscape, not an equality landscape. Compete for a national championship, or don't play. If your goal is just to be the tallest little person, go play sprint football. The Northeast is the center of the sprint football world and has all of the best talent. Play that.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

If you can't afford to fund your largest athletics program at a level which is competitive, then you shouldn't be in Division II. That's it. That's the story. Drop football if you can't afford it. This is a competitive landscape, not an equality landscape. Compete for a national championship, or don't play. If your goal is just to be the tallest little person, go play sprint football. The Northeast is the center of the sprint football world and has all of the best talent. Play that.
        Grand Valley is too scared to move up.

Comment

Go Harding!!!

Comment

Spoken like a Conservative!!

Last edited by IUPNation; 11-30-2023, 02:31 PM.

Comment

I know this is just to get a rise from Nation, but c'mon. You don't actually believe this. "Compete at a national championship caliber or quit" is not a realistic binary.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

I know this is just to get a rise from Nation, but c'mon. You don't actually believe this. "Compete at a national championship caliber or quit" is not a realistic binary.
                He probably does.

Comment

And yea, I did look up whatever Baby Huey is supposed to mean, and it got me nowhere. Not sure how a singer or a giant cartoon duck relates to GVSU.
                  Because a 22000 traditional student university in D2 looks like an over grown child like duck in a diaper to me.

GV needs to grow up. It’s time.

lol

Comment

Stop it with the move down ****. I’m sick of reading that nonsense.

Me too, but I'm also tired of the move up nonsense as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Me too, but I'm also tired of the move up nonsense as well.
                      Trying to engineer the playoffs so certain teams make the semis every year is wishful thinking.

Last year, The NFL had a team (Buccaneers)with a losing record as a 4 seed in the NFC. Got a spot while the Lions with a better record and really a better team sat home. Hosted the Cowturds who won 4 more games. It’s going to happen again this season. There is no rule that says they have to cancel the NFC South’s spot because we want teams with a better record. The NFC South champion gets a spot. Thats just how it goes.

I only toss grenades because I don’t like some of the attitudes towards Region 1. I made a few serious posts about changes and nobody bothered to respond. So that just leaves me to believe the entitled conferences and programs want to make the rules and decide who is worthy. A D2 caste system. How many years would it take beating the worthy to get the benefit of the doubt for Region 1 program on the rise ? One season? 5? A decade? Never?
                      Last edited by IUPNation; 11-30-2023, 06:22 PM.

Comment

Trying to engineer the playoffs so certain teams make the semis every year is wishful thinking.

Last year, The NFL had a team (Buccaneers)with a losing record as a 4 seed in the NFC. Got a spot while the Lions with a better record and really a better team sat home. Hosted the Cowturds who won 4 more games. It’s going to happen again this season. There is no rule that says they have to cancel the NFC South’s spot because we want teams with a better record. The NFC South champion gets a spot. Thats just how it goes.

I only toss grenades because I don’t like some of the attitudes towards Region 1. I made a few serious posts about changes and nobody bothered to respond. So that just leaves me to believe the entitled conferences and programs want to make the rules and decide who is worthy. A D2 caste system. How many years would it take beating the worthy to get the benefit of the doubt for Region 1 program on the rise ? One season? 5? A decade? Never?
                        I just don't get why you keep pushing this "so certain teams make the semis every year" thing. You're belittling your own conference and region, at that point. If your schools win the games, they can be there. If they don't win, they're not there. It sounds like you know they can't win, and the only way they can be there is by being handed a spot there. So, to me, it sounds like you're accepting exactly what the rest of us are saying.

Comment

Because a 22000 traditional student university in D2 looks like an over grown child like duck in a diaper to me.

GV needs to grow up. It’s time.

lol
                          IUP has nearly the same number of students as Notre Dame. Not Notre Dame College. The actual Notre Dame. So I guess that means Notre Dame should be D2.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

He has said multiple times that the only thing the PSAC schools care about is winning in the region. That that is what is important to those schools. If that's truly how the schools feel, then they shouldn't be playing in a nation-wide football tournament. Step out of the national tournament playoff and host your own events like some of the HBCU's do. Have your own SR1 tournament and have the SR1 championship be the last game of the year.

Comment

I just don't get why you keep pushing this "so certain teams make the semis every year" thing. You're belittling your own conference and region, at that point. If your schools win the games, they can be there. If they don't win, they're not there. It sounds like you know they can't win, and the only way they can be there is by being handed a spot there. So, to me, it sounds like you're accepting exactly what the rest of us are saying.
                              We know we stink.

But why should you get the benefit of the doubt? GV hasn’t won anything in 2 decades.

Go Harding!!

Comment

IUP has nearly the same number of students as Notre Dame. Not Notre Dame College. The actual Notre Dame. So I guess that means Notre Dame should be D2.
                                Notre Dame has 16.7 billion in the bank. They could have 500 students and afford to field a FBS team.

Grand Valley has 175 million in the bank.

IUP has 60 million.

So no.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X