Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two things that D3 does that D2 may want to consider, that is if they don't already. I do not see any mention of either. Neither would help with travel dynamics but they should help with more fair regional rankings.

If the evaluation of the primary criteria does not result in a decision by the committee, the following secondary criteria (for ranking and selections) will be evaluated:
    ● Non-Division III win-loss percentage
    ● Results versus common non-Division III opponents
    ● Non-Division III Strength of Schedule

When all criteria are equal among teams with undefeated records in the primary criteria, the NCAA Division III Football Committee can use a team’s performance in the previous championship season as a criterion. [I would suggest this be modified to change "with undefeated records" to identical records]

If nothing else, this proves that the DII powers that be can use previous years performances to analyze silo conference members
    Last edited by boyblue; 11-28-2023, 10:47 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

Do you think the MAC is a better football conference than the SEC, since the MAC has had 6 different champions in the last 8 seasons while the SEC has only had 3?
      The BIG has had the same two schools win most of the titles in the last 10 years. Half of the BIG sucks. Is the BIG a power conference?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The BIG has had the same two schools win most of the titles in the last 10 years. Half of the BIG sucks. Is the BIG a power conference?
        Uh. Yes. It is.
        2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Uh. Yes. It is.
          It currently has two contenders..a wannabe in Penn State and a bunch of eh. SEC is the same.

Comment

Again, you're making the point that the PSAC isn't up to par with the heavy hitting conferences. The Big 10 is a power conference holding national championship caliber teams while the MAC does not. There's conference parity for the leaders of the MAC since they have more conference champions than the Big 10, but the Big 10 have the better teams. The GSC, GLIAC, MIAA all have better teams that have the possibility of winning the national championship while the PSAC doesn't.

If there isn't a problem with the schools in the PSAC and their ability, then you should be fine with the thought that the NCAA could remove the seat at the semi-final table for the PSAC by realignment and adding the GLIAC back to SR1. If the thought of the GLIAC moving into SR1 bothers you, then you have an issue with your school and should demand that they improve the product on the field to become a national contender instead of just a PSAC conference contender.

Comment

It currently has two contenders..a wannabe in Penn State and a bunch of eh. SEC is the same.
              How many contenders for national championships does the MAC have?

Comment

• Originally posted by boyblue View Post
                Advocating for change and saying the NCAA has enough money to do what you want will not get the change you seek. Belittling programs that haven't had the success you've had is plain mean. Every football team at every level is just one coaching hire and a generational QB away from success or failure. In D2, the programs that have had sustained success probably has had a good run at AD as well.

I feel so different about the whole idea of there are too many good teams in our region. I'm thankful for Delta State, and the other great programs in our region. Playing them has helped us win four NC, I wish there were more. We're facing a solid Lenoir Ryne on Saturday and I love that we are underdogs because we need to get better and we will be better (win or lose) for the experience.
                I don't think we are belittling programs - we just want to see a better playoff system - No way should Tiffin be a 1 seed in a region. Would it made more sense to give Ferris or GV the no#1 seed in SR1 - They would have a bye in 1st round - and most likely host 2 games - Pttt to GV was over 700 miles - GV to Harding is over 700 miles - IF GV was in SR1 - in place of Tiffin - Slippery Rock to GV is 409 Miles - and if GV won and had Kutztown come to GV would be over 700 Miles...if they played Tiffin -253 miles... So moving GV or FSU and Davenport to SR1 would have balanced out the regions (Davenport was a top 28 team not making the playoffs), Obviously it can be done as it is done in D3 - The current set up was just easy but it isn't the best solution.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post
                  Bringing the discussion back to "PO Seeding - We Can Do Better" I suggest that we try working to find a solution. No administration, committee or board is going to make a change unless a better option is offered. If all we do is complain then nothing happens.

Why not invest the time and energy to create options for a seeding process and submit them? Maybe Brandon and the D2 Football group could be recipient of the various suggestions for PO seeding and narrow those down to the top five offerings. They can then be the intermediary to present those ideas to NCAA for consideration of how to make a change that would meet the needs of the D2 football schools and of the NCAA.

What say you?
                  National Championship not regional 32 teams like D3 - Based on D2 rankings - Needs some tweaking because some distances are crazy.

Mines (1) Grand Valley (1)
                  vs vs
                  Central Wash (8) Shepherd (8)
                  Minn St (4) Bemidji St (4)
                  vs vs
                  Tiffin (5) Minn Duluth (5)
                  Western Colorado (3) Lenoir Ryne (3)
                  vs vs
                  Ouachita Baptisit (6) Indy (6)
                  Central Mo (2) Benedict (2)
                  vs vs
                  Davenport (7) East Stroudsburg (7)
                  @@@@@@@@@@@ @@@@@@@@@@@@@
                  Ferris St (1) Harding (1)
                  vs vs
                  Limestone (8) MO Western (8)
                  Slippery Rock (4) Valdosta St (4)
                  vs vs
                  West Florida (5) Virginia Union (5)
                  UT- Periman (3) Augustana (3)
                  vs vs
                  Henderson St (6) Kutztown (6)
                  Pitt State (2) Delta St (2)
                  vs vs
                  New Haven (7) Charlestown (7)

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

National Championship not regional 32 teams like D3 - Based on D2 rankings - Needs some tweaking because some distances are crazy.
                    Nice idea posted here. Expands to 32 would include a few extra teams, regionally listed teams crossing over to other conferences not in the "region" as current system. Thank you for replying with a possible layout to present.

Anyone else have a suggested format and teams?

Comment

Again these conferences have a few heavyweight programs and a bunch of ones who never compete.

Even with its limitations, the Pee Sack is competitive in conference where a number of teams have a shot at the conference title. Meatchicken Tech, Northern Meatchicken, and Wayne State are road bumps for GV and Ferris.

Everyone over rates conferences based on a few teams. Slimey Pebble beat Wayne State this year and last year. What does that really prove? Not much.
                      The MIAA has pretty decent parity. The current system just has it set up so mid tier MIAA teams don't get noticed nationally. A pretty good team can end up with 5 or 6 losses in the miaa.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSUBulldog27 View Post

I don't think we are belittling programs - we just want to see a better playoff system - No way should Tiffin be a 1 seed in a region. Would it made more sense to give Ferris or GV the no#1 seed in SR1 - They would have a bye in 1st round - and most likely host 2 games - Pttt to GV was over 700 miles - GV to Harding is over 700 miles - IF GV was in SR1 - in place of Tiffin - Slippery Rock to GV is 409 Miles - and if GV won and had Kutztown come to GV would be over 700 Miles...if they played Tiffin -253 miles... So moving GV or FSU and Davenport to SR1 would have balanced out the regions (Davenport was a top 28 team not making the playoffs), Obviously it can be done as it is done in D3 - The current set up was just easy but it isn't the best solution.

You're not, but there are other/s calling a whole region a bunch of losers I believe it's inappropriate and should not be tolerated by any of us. You know who you are, please stop.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bisonfan from FLA View Post

Nice idea posted here. Expands to 32 would include a few extra teams, regionally listed teams crossing over to other conferences not in the "region" as current system. Thank you for replying with a possible layout to present.

Anyone else have a suggested format and teams?
                          Here was mine from a different thread. I think expanding to 32 is fine, though mostly irrelevant if we have national seeds because those games would likely be blowouts.

Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                          • Top 6 teams per Super Region qualify (apply Earned Access to top 8 to keep conference commissioners happy)
                          • 4 additional wild card teams are selected, irrespective of Super Region, based on committee or polls.
                          • Top 8 teams nationally are seeded 1-8. Selection can be based on committee or polls.
                          • At least 1 team per Super Region must be seeded.
                          • Top 4 seeds are the anchors for their quadrant of the bracket. 1st and 2nd seed must be on opposite sides of the bracket.
                          • 5-8 seeds are placed into their quadrants based roughly on geography. Preference given to equal pairings (1-8, 2-7, etc) but not guaranteed.
                          • Remaining teams are assigned to quadrants based on geography. Top 3 teams in each Super Region are guaranteed at least 1 home game.

Click image for larger version  Name:	bracket.png Views:	371 Size:	53.1 KB ID:	796237

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post

Here was mine from a different thread. I think expanding to 32 is fine, though mostly irrelevant if we have national seeds because those games would likely be blowouts.

I mean, realistically, if we want to avoid blowouts, we could cut the D2 football playoff field down to like 16 teams lol.

Comment

I mean, realistically, if we want to avoid blowouts, we could cut the D2 football playoff field down to like 16 teams lol.
                              Every conference in the country has blowouts. Should we just eliminate the games we think will be blowouts? What kind of logic is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Every conference in the country has blowouts. Should we just eliminate the games we think will be blowouts? What kind of logic is that?
                                I'm agreeing with you. What is happening right now lol

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X