Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

Or to advocate and vote for change.
    But those who want change want it to benefit two conferences who are mad they are stuck in the same region and the rest of us just don't care. That's not our problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brandon View Post

In what way?
      Do you honestly believe most of the D2 playing schools have the cash your school has on hand for foosball? Is it not true Northwest Misery spends between 2-3 million a year on foosball? Do you honestly think 90% of the D2 schools playing foosball is spending anywhere close to that? I know IUP isn't spending near 2 million a year.

You all want it to be like FCS. But there is a reason why every level is different because of the membership and what they can or cannot do.

D2 is a small college foosball level. It is regional because it fits the economics of the membership. Your schools have a lot of money for the level and are demanding everyone find a way to raise the same cash which is easier said than done.

If the system is going to be that it benefits the few then there is no point for the rest of the membership to stay. Region 1 should just bow out...and have a Northeast Playoff only and crown a champion. That's what most of you want anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by KleShreen View Post

If the GLIAC got moved back to SR1, the PSAC, NE10, GMAC, and MEC would revolt. Every one of those conferences would lobby to get placed in SR2, or lobby to change the entire regional structure to have it be 8 regions instead of 4, just like basketball/baseball/softball are.
        ...and rightly so.

Comment

• I messed around with a bracket today....we will call it the Witt bracket, since it's my own viewpoint.

....and it's not perfect.

Here's the rules that I used for it. I wanted to be a realist as much as possible = live within the existing travel concerns of the NCAA = limit flights. My thought was that I could make a better bracket than the existing one we are using..by eliminating the regional concept. This would allow for games like the GSC vs the GAC..and the MIAA vs the NSIC without needing flights.

FWIW..my bracket has 10 flights total and are marked with an * next to the team that would need to fly. The NCAA has currently seen 6 flights so far in their bracket and should likely see 4 more....pre championship game. So we have the identical amount of flights.

The teams that I have winning were the better seeds or who I figured would win. (not that it's terribly relevant)

I played it out all the way to the final four..and then take your pick who wins, etc.

Rules:
          -Each conference winner gets in..auto qualifier (15 conf champs..and then 13 at-large)

-No first round repeat games from the 2023 regular season

-There are no regions in my bracket

-Top 4 teams are separated in their own quad..not region. If they win out, they will play each other, the top 4, in the semis.

-At large were selected by a combination of our top 25, the ncaa selection criteria, and a judgment between who's better for teams at the end of the line. That said, my top 28 (nationally) included Ouachita Baptist and Missouri Western..and Shepherd and East Stroudsburg did not make the field of 28. People could battle about this part, but I'd take OBU and Western to win over Shepherd and ESU this year..all day long.

-My top 16 teams all got a home game (top 4 with a bye)

-First round matchups are made with travel in-mind for round two games, etc.

With those general rules, here is what I came up with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023 Witt Bracket.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	800634

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Witwicki View Post
            I messed around with a bracket today....we will call it the Witt bracket, since it's my own viewpoint.

....and it's not perfect.

Here's the rules that I used for it. I wanted to be a realist as much as possible = live within the existing travel concerns of the NCAA = limit flights. My thought was that I could make a better bracket than the existing one we are using..by eliminating the regional concept. This would allow for games like the GSC vs the GAC..and the MIAA vs the NSIC without needing flights.

FWIW..my bracket has 10 flights total and are marked with an * next to the team that would need to fly. The NCAA has currently seen 6 flights so far in their bracket and should likely see 4 more....pre championship game. So we have the identical amount of flights.

The teams that I have winning were the better seeds or who I figured would win. (not that it's terribly relevant)

I played it out all the way to the final four..and then take your pick who wins, etc.

Rules:
            -Each conference winner gets in..auto qualifier (15 conf champs..and then 13 at-large)

-No first round repeat games from the 2023 regular season

-There are no regions in my bracket

-Top 4 teams are separated in their own quad..not region. If they win out, they will play each other, the top 4, in the semis.

-At large were selected by a combination of our top 25, the ncaa selection criteria, and a judgment between who's better for teams at the end of the line. That said, my top 28 (nationally) included Ouachita Baptist and Missouri Western..and Shepherd and East Stroudsburg did not make the field of 28. People could battle about this part, but I'd take OBU and Western to win over Shepherd and ESU this year..all day long.

-My top 16 teams all got a home game (top 4 with a bye)

-First round matchups are made with travel in-mind for round two games, etc.

With those general rules, here is what I came up with.

Click image for larger version  Name:	2023 Witt Bracket.jpg Views:	0 Size:	91.2 KB ID:	800634
            This actually isn't too bad and it makes the GLIAC fanboys all happy. This is about the fairest bracket I've seen.

I mean the goal for some one here is really to give GV/Ferris/NW/Pitt/Whatever GSC schools haven't bolted for FCS,the permanent home playoff games and easy walks to the Final 4.....the rest of us just don't matter.

Comment

• I know this is not the point of the exercise, but there is <1% chance that Virginia Union beats Limestone.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Do you honestly believe most of the D2 playing schools have the cash your school has on hand for foosball? Is it not true Northwest Misery spends between 2-3 million a year on foosball? Do you honestly think 90% of the D2 schools playing foosball is spending anywhere close to that? I know IUP isn't spending near 2 million a year.

You all want it to be like FCS. But there is a reason why every level is different because of the membership and what they can or cannot do.

D2 is a small college foosball level. It is regional because it fits the economics of the membership. Your schools have a lot of money for the level and are demanding everyone find a way to raise the same cash which is easier said than done.

If the system is going to be that it benefits the few then there is no point for the rest of the membership to stay. Region 1 should just bow out...and have a Northeast Playoff only and crown a champion. That's what most of you want anyway.
                You sure about that?

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...otal%20revenue.

The IUP football program paid out $1,737,250 in expenses while making $1,862,064 in total revenue. This equates to a net profit of $124,814 for the program. That’s definitely a big plus.
                The GVSU football program paid out $2,775,622 in expenses while making $3,175,558 in total revenue. That is, the program raked in a net profit of $399,936 for the school. Not all college sports teams can say that.
                Made 400k compared to 125k. That's what, two four-year scholarships lol. Virtually nothing. You make it sound like GVSU is out here spending at FBS levels.
                2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

This actually isn't too bad and it makes the GLIAC fanboys all happy. This is about the fairest bracket I've seen.

I mean the goal for some one here is really to give GV/Ferris/NW/Pitt/Whatever GSC schools haven't bolted for FCS,the permanent home playoff games and easy walks to the Final 4.....the rest of us just don't matter.
                  I continue to not understand where you get this idea. In 90% of cases, the better record hosts the worse record. GV and Ferris can't both be undefeated. NW and Pitt can't both be undefeated. If your SR1 school is undefeated, they're probably going to host lol. Nobody is trying to take away your 1,200 person crowds.

Comment

• Originally posted by EastStroud13 View Post
                    I know this is not the point of the exercise, but there is <1% chance that Virginia Union beats Limestone.
                    I would disagree with that. Massey says that on a neutral field, it would be 53% chance of winning for Limestone. 52% in VUU's favor if hosting. 57% in Limestone's favor if hosting. Obviously it's just a bunch of computer numbers, but the system is reasonably accurate and reflects my feelings on the matchup pretty accurately.

Comment

You sure about that?

https://www.collegefactual.com/colle...otal%20revenue.

Made 400k compared to 125k. That's what, two scholarships lol. Virtually nothing. You make it sound like GVSU is out here spending at FBS levels.
                      You just proved my point. You are spending way more.....and unlike GV...IUP cannot use state funding for scholarships. Every dollar for scholarships for the publics in the PSAC must be fund raised. So you have 14 schools chasing the same limited dollars....across PA. West Chester has few scholarship dollars so they give out free room and board or whatever shady accounting practices they do to field their team. Mercyhurst and Gannon just give out coupons for discounted tuition and say they are fully funded.

You really can't see the world beyond Rubbers Stadium. lol

Comment

Zero...two less than the BIG.
                        So what are you arguing lol. You apparently think a conference is "strong" if they have a bunch of mediocre teams all beating up on each other with nobody competing for a national title. Most people believe a conference is "strong" if they have national championship contenders.

Comment

I continue to not understand where you get this idea. In 90% of cases, the better record hosts the worse record. GV and Ferris can't both be undefeated. NW and Pitt can't both be undefeated. If your SR1 school is undefeated, they're probably going to host lol. Nobody is trying to take away your 1,200 person crowds.
                          Yes you are.

The goal is to make D2 a caste system.

Comment

So what are you arguing lol. You apparently think a conference is "strong" if they have a bunch of mediocre teams all beating up on each other with nobody competing for a national title. Most people believe a conference is "strong" if they have national championship contenders.
                            No...that is what you people decided to take from that.

What I said was that despite our limitations...our conference is competitive within the conference membership that it's just not a foregone conclusion in August who gets crowned the champion and it's just 11 weeks of going through the motions for the long decided outcome. So we have plenty of things to look forward to each season and the end of our conference schedule was almost playoff like as several teams were playing for playoff slots...it wasn't everyone playing out the string like the GLIAC. That is what is needed for the membership of D2...there has to be interest...and if only a few schools dominate every year....who is going to care anymore?

Why should a school like Northern Meatchicken get th benefit of being in a strong conference when they would get clocked by most top teams on other conferences? Slimey Pebble had zero problem knocking off Wayne State the last two years. They are in the GLIAC right? IUP beat Ashland twice in their last years in the GLIAC...including the one year they were conference champions. So I'm not sold on this our conference is stong top to bottom because the top teams are contenders. That makes no sense...but I guess is does in Region 3 Dick Wagging Contests.

Comment

Yes you are.

The goal is to make D2 a caste system.
                              Maybe SR1 schools should try scheduling games against teams outside SR1 and beating them lol.

Comment

No...that is what you people decided to take from that.

What I said was that despite our limitations...our conference is competitive within the conference membership that it's just not a foregone conclusion in August who gets crowned the champion and it's just 11 weeks of going through the motions for the long decided outcome. So we have plenty of things to look forward to each season and the end of our conference schedule was almost playoff like as several teams were playing for playoff slots...it wasn't everyone playing out the string like the GLIAC. That is what is needed for the membership of D2...there has to be interest...and if only a few schools dominate every year....who is going to care anymore?

Why should a school like Northern Meatchicken get th benefit of being in a strong conference when they would get clocked by most top teams on other conferences? Slimey Pebble had zero problem knocking off Wayne State the last two years. They are in the GLIAC right? IUP beat Ashland twice in their last years in the GLIAC...including the one year they were conference champions. So I'm not sold on this our conference is stong top to bottom because the top teams are contenders. That makes no sense...but I guess is does in Region 3 Dick Wagging Contests.
                                No. The GLIAC and MIAA and GSC are strong because they play for national championships and win national championships, and your conference doesn't. It's pretty simple.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X